EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentuvky-Baylor @ Jerry World This Evening

The dumbest shit ever. They are turning a 70,000 seat football venue in a 13,000 seat basketball arena that still will not be full.

The crowds for the Regionals here last year were laughable. With icy roads today and a severe lack of interest in basketball ... I am interested to tune in and see how they try not to pan into the crowd very much.

I also wonder if the crowd for the first game - women's match-up was more than 100?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Weather in the area is terrible, ice on roads everywhere. No one will show up because most people aren't going to risk driving.

EaglesPhan36

I really don't think that many people would have shown up if it was 80 outside again. Tickets were still available. It's just more stupid shit they do to try and justify using the stadium for other events ... basketball does not draw well in Texas. I've gone to NCAA tournament sites in Dallas, Austin and San Antonio ... Austin & San Antonio usually have somewhat decent crowds I think because there are sight seeing destinations. Dallas doesn't really have all that much to offer ... and you're not even in Dallas, you're in Arlington where you don't get anything out of the ordinary to do. So you'd have to drive anywhere from 20-40 minutes to go anywhere worth going to.

I'm not sure how big they are making the stadium for the Final Four this season ... but I think the turnout is going to be embarrassing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baylor +5

Its all that mater..nobody cares where game is or who is in the stands

Gambling is what is important in our lives

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Turnout was good for the Sweet 16 this year. People will show up for basketball, just not in November

EaglesPhan36

Not a fan of the game in general, but if you want to watch a game of two great recruiters and fairly shitty in-game coaches - this is your game. Can't wait to see the parade of missed FTs.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Scott Drew is my least favorite coach in college basketball.... Calipari is my #2 most hated. Both are cheating slimeballs... Drew cheats more than Calipari does. We heckled the shit out of Drew last year when they played here in Fort Worth

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Turnout was good for the Sweet 16 this year. People will show up for basketball, just not in November
    It was okay, but they didn't sell out and once Kansas lost, the attendance dove further for the Elite 8 game. They were fortunate there was one good draw in the group. I know the Final Four is an "event" that people will want to say they went too ... but there are going to be so many shitty, overpriced seats where you're just sitting there watching the screen inside the stadium. Why you would do that when you can get a better view at home on your big screen is beyond me. They best hope some teams from the South are in the mix to get more people.

I've seen tournaments in football venues ... it's really quite ridiculous.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Just read about the ice storm in Dallas. Can't imagine anyone is going to be at this game.

I'm sure Opie just hopped into his military issue, studded tires Hum-Vee and drove to the game.

Fukking guy has all the toys, prikk.

EaglesPhan36

Actually an okay crowd considering from what they just showed at the end of the women's game. Couple thousand maybe.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It was okay, but they didn't sell out and once Kansas lost, the attendance dove further for the Elite 8 game. They were fortunate there was one good draw in the group. I know the Final Four is an "event" that people will want to say they went too ... but there are going to be so many shitty, overpriced seats where you're just sitting there watching the screen inside the stadium. Why you would do that when you can get a better view at home on your big screen is beyond me. They best hope some teams from the South are in the mix to get more people.

I've seen tournaments in football venues ... it's really quite ridiculous.
    I absolutely hate college basketball in football stadiums. In 2011 I went to the Big 10 tournament in Indianapolis at Bankers Life Field House where the Pacers play, and it was awesome. Perfect venue for basketball. But the NCAA is greedy when it comes to this event... they want to sell as many tickets as possible.

EaglesPhan36

Yep. I saw the Final Four at Reliant Field in Houston. And a Regional there too. Best venue I have been to is the Erwin Center in Ausitn and the AAC in Dallas wasn't too bad because I had seats downstairs since no one went to 1st/2nd round games. Going to San Antonio in 2014.