seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

chiefs only a 3 point fave against skins. what am I missing?

Chiefs should win this one by double digits. Andy Reid rights the ship this weekend. Follow me to the promise land.

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do u expect the line to be? All of the chiefs games are close

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

vegas is way off on this one

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

This line does look suspicious. Would think it would more like -4.5/5. Deadskins were finished weeks ago. Like KC at that short number.

Joey Blaze
    Joey Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Honestly I only get a feeling like I have on this game every few weeks.. if the Chiefs lose this game I would strongly consider walking away from football for the rest of the reason.. clearly if the Chiefs lose here I have no business betting on football..

This game is not even about money to me.. this is validation I can spot a weak line when I see one.. BETTING CHIEFS HEAVY HERE

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

youre are gonnna be SO SQUASHED you have no idea hahahahhahhahahaa

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    I cant even take you serious..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blaze View Post
    Honestly I only get a feeling like I have on this game every few weeks.. if the Chiefs lose this game I would strongly consider walking away from football for the rest of the reason.. clearly if the Chiefs lose here I have no business betting on football..

This game is not even about money to me.. this is validation I can spot a weak line when I see one.. BETTING CHIEFS HEAVY HERE
    how is line weak? lets say skins home field is worth 2.5ish..that makes kc-5.5/6 on a neutral field, -9 maybe 10 at home considering they have a strong home field..so how is line weak? kc aint built to beat big spreads, they were -4.5 to nyg at home when they were reeling and nyg isnt 6 points better than skins.. i think kc prob wins but the whole "team has quit" theory rarely holds water as it doesnt happen often,,ppl were saying phins were going in the tank just a few weeks ago after tampa beat them..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The more I watch Washington and RG they're not that good

Kansas City is primed for a big win

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    coming from the guy that said chiefs should be -8.5 on the road vs washington and that theyd only be -11.5 at home based on that number...CMON...HA!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

All ratings say KC is ~9 points better after taking home field into consideration ...

just sayin'

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

First road game for Alex Smith where Mike Shanahan should be able to take advantage of that D. The Chefs are playing with little confidence right now after thinking they were invincible. RG3 has the game of his life

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Chiefs should win this one by double digits. Andy Reid rights the ship this weekend. Follow me to the promise land.
    How many teams have won games on the road this year by double digits?

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    rg3 has the game of his life
    highly unlikely given the fact Andy reid knows the skins very well given all the years he was behind the wheel in philly
    Last edited by Joey Blaze; 12-06-13 at 09:19 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How many teams have won games on the road this year by double digits?
    St Louis took it to indy a few weeks ago. San Francisco took it to Washington last week, and philly routed Oakland in foles 7 td game to name a few off the top of my head

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    St Louis took it to indy a few weeks ago. San Francisco took it to Washington last week, and philly routed Oakland in foles 7 td game to name a few off the top of my head
    So out of 200 games that have been played so far this year you only remember 3 big road wins.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So out of 200 games that have been played so far this year you only remember 3 big road wins.
    You act as if it hasnt happened all year. Im sure it is at least 10 more. Play the skins pavy and let it ride.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You asked in the thread title what are you missing? What you are missing is statistics.

dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    how is line weak? lets say skins home field is worth 2.5ish..that makes kc-5.5/6 on a neutral field, -9 maybe 10 at home considering they have a strong home field..so how is line weak? kc aint built to beat big spreads, they were -4.5 to nyg at home when they were reeling and nyg isnt 6 points better than skins.. i think kc prob wins but the whole "team has quit" theory rarely holds water as it doesnt happen often,,ppl were saying phins were going in the tank just a few weeks ago after tampa beat them..
    Agreed! I don't understand why so many people think this line is off. Seems reasonable to me. I would NEVER bet on KC on this spot.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The key things here is the Chiefs are on a 3 game skid. The Chiefs should of easily lost in Buffalo to a 3rd string QB in Jeff Tuel if it weren't for 14 points scored by the defense! The oddsmaker are not sold on Alex Smith or that Chiefs defense getting it done on the road. Plus, the Chiefs hasn't really done anything so far to prove they are capable of winning on the road.

ck7
    ck7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs are a joke.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Injuries hurting a defense that was already sliding in the wrong direction. Skins can hurt KC where its most vulnerable - against the pass. If the weather isn't terrible, I think this is a shootout with both passing games putting up numbers ... you find out a lot about a team when they start playing with pressure which is what KC has on them now. It's easy to play well when expectations are low as they were to start the season and you racked up wins on a bunch of fairly rotten teams ... I think playing a side is this one is not a good idea.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Injuries hurting a defense that was already sliding in the wrong direction. Skins can hurt KC where its most vulnerable - against the pass. If the weather isn't terrible, I think this is a shootout with both passing games putting up numbers ... you find out a lot about a team when they start playing with pressure which is what KC has on them now. It's easy to play well when expectations are low as they were to start the season and you racked up wins on a bunch of fairly rotten teams ... I think playing a side is this one is not a good idea.
    is kc more vulnerable against the pass than run? i guess i think run cause even when the pass d was playing well you could run on them.. either way skins can hurt them with both, i suspect you right and both offenses have their way by ground or by air..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Rg3 is playing horrible right now. No way I would play thd skins.

Joey Blaze

"Kansas City head coach Andy Reid knows more about the NFC East than most outside the division, having waddled the sidelines in Philadelphia for 13 seasons. That inside info has shown in the Chiefs record versus NFC East teams this season, with Kansas City going 3-0 SU and 2-1 ATS against Dallas, New York and Philadelphia.

Washington has fallen far from the class of the NFC East in just one season, lugging a 3-9 record into Week 14. Quarterback Robert Griffin III is no longer a dual-threat dynamo, having been put on a short leash as a pocket passer to protect his wonky knees. The Redskins have done a terrible job protecting him and have allowed RG3 to be sacked 15 times in the past three games - all loses SU and ATS. The Chiefs pass rush isn’t as potent as earlier in the season but still has teeth, especially with Reid exploiting Washington’s weakness."

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13766

For those who follow trends here is some support for Washington.
    Teams with a win percentage of .250 or less, from game 8 on, that have lost 3 or more consecutive games but allowed 30 points or less in their most recent game are 65-26-2 ATS as home underdogs against teams with a winning record, including 44-10-2 ATS since 1993 and 1-0 this year with Houston +7 over New England last week.
    That angle plays on Washington +3 over Kansas City.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

The line is weak - Your weak!

Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave Sledge187 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

chiefs win by defence, they are not a blowout team, hence the low line

and i think you underestimate the importance of home field advantage

also you have to remember, chiefs are worst than what their record suggest and wash is better than theirs, line is perfect imo
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-07-13 at 11:08 AM.

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

also you have to remember, chiefs are worst than what their record suggest and wash is better than theirs, line is perfect imo

thats where we disagree I think the skins are exactly as good as their record suggests

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Line should be -1

ck7

thats where we disagree I think the skins are exactly as good as their record suggests
    No unfortunately this is far from the truth.

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by ck7 View Post
    No unfortunately this is far from the truth.
    thats your opinion.. lets see if you really leave this site for good if the hawks beat the 49'ers

ck7

thats your opinion.. lets see if you really leave this site for good if the hawks beat the 49'ers

Its not going to happen but if it did yes I will.

YOUNG MONKEY
    YOUNG MONKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

damn we got some betting competiton hahaha i would go with skins just because seems like everyone think kc will blow them out.but redskins at home rg3 might have his best game of the season . I would take skins because i "think"they will win outright.

YOUNG MONKEY
    YOUNG MONKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

and oh yeah ive been betting the redskins the last two weeks -.- losses

12 Last