1. #1
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Nick Saban to Texas

    Don't shoot the messenger, but tons of so called "connected sources" are stating that Saban going to Texas is a done deal. One so called connected source is Alabama's Chancellor.

    As a Texas homer I would like for this to happen, but I still am not sure there's any traction to this story.
    But this is a lot of smoke for nothing. Did Bammmer's recent reactions to the Iron Bowl sway Saban's thoughts on leaving Bama?

  2. #2
    VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-12-10
    Posts: 14,599
    Betpoints: 18

    I hate Alabama but Saban would be the biggest tool in the world to leave there. He already made one massive career mistake when he went to the NFL. Don't make another one by leaving a plush job where everyone wants to lick your ball bag for Texas.

  3. #3
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I hate Alabama but Saban would be the biggest tool in the world to leave there. He already made one massive career mistake when he went to the NFL. Don't make another one by leaving a plush job where everyone wants to lick your ball bag for Texas.
    I would be happy for this to happen to laugh at the Bammers...but I don't want him. He's past him prime IMO, I want Gus from Auburn.

  4. #4
    Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-08
    Posts: 29,836
    Betpoints: 3261

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I hate Alabama but Saban would be the biggest tool in the world to leave there. He already made one massive career mistake when he went to the NFL. Don't make another one by leaving a plush job where everyone wants to lick your ball bag for Texas.
    His ego is bigger than the line of toothless Billy's lined up to blow him.

  5. #5
    VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-12-10
    Posts: 14,599
    Betpoints: 18

    Actually, maybe I do want him to leave?

    I don't have anything against Saban, I hate 'Bama. It would be hilarious to watch all the hillbillies crying their eyes out when the next Bear Bryant leaves town

    Fukk it. Leave!!

  6. #6
    dick johnson
    dick johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-02-13
    Posts: 15

    I can't see him actually doing it, but my lord how much easier would life be? He doesn't need to leave his living room to recruit in Texas.

    It would truly be the Nick Saban show in the Big 12 and Urban Meyer show in the B1G with neither conference possessing a direct competitor that could spend money or recruit the way they do.

  7. #7
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Actually, maybe I do want him to leave?

    I don't have anything against Saban, I hate 'Bama. It would be hilarious to watch all the hillbillies crying their eyes out when the next Bear Bryant leaves town

    Fukk it. Leave!!
    These next weeks will play out!
    It will be hilarious to see the Bammers crying from the Iron bowl loss and their coach leaving!

  8. #8
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    I think this is a no brainer move.

    The only issue is Texas not being in the SEC, so his recruiting tactics will have to change. No more ridiculously oversigning.

    But, he will be able to write his own check and be able to purchase anyone in the coaching world that he wants, realistically speaking, for assistants.

    Texas AD is insane. Great gig. I think he would be foolish to stay in the SEC and at Bama. Austin is a great place to live. Bama is Bama. BIG XII isn't anywhere near as competitive as the SEC, meaning he could pull a 2013 version of OSU every freaking year and waltz to the playoffs, assuming he keeps Stoops in check.

    No brainer. Saban needs to be the new Texas coach.

  9. #9
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Let's not mention Colin Cowherd's tweet tonight.
    "On phone for the last 60 minutes. Crazy rumors. Shock the world rumors. Need a cocktail."

    Is this related at all?

  10. #10
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Sports world*

  11. #11
    dick johnson
    dick johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-02-13
    Posts: 15

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I think this is a no brainer move.

    The only issue is Texas not being in the SEC, so his recruiting tactics will have to change. No more ridiculously oversigning.

    But, he will be able to write his own check and be able to purchase anyone in the coaching world that he wants, realistically speaking, for assistants.

    Texas AD is insane. Great gig. I think he would be foolish to stay in the SEC and at Bama. Austin is a great place to live. Bama is Bama. BIG XII isn't anywhere near as competitive as the SEC, meaning he could pull a 2013 version of OSU every freaking year and waltz to the playoffs, assuming he keeps Stoops in check.

    No brainer. Saban needs to be the new Texas coach.
    Not so much oversigning as it is medical hardships being given out like skittles.

  12. #12
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I think this is a no brainer move.

    The only issue is Texas not being in the SEC, so his recruiting tactics will have to change. No more ridiculously oversigning.

    But, he will be able to write his own check and be able to purchase anyone in the coaching world that he wants, realistically speaking, for assistants.

    Texas AD is insane. Great gig. I think he would be foolish to stay in the SEC and at Bama. Austin is a great place to live. Bama is Bama. BIG XII isn't anywhere near as competitive as the SEC, meaning he could pull a 2013 version of OSU every freaking year and waltz to the playoffs, assuming he keeps Stoops in check.

    No brainer. Saban needs to be the new Texas coach.
    Thanks Chalky, you're a smart man! I had a guy telling me that Auburn's program was better than Texas' today! SMH!

  13. #13
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by dick johnson View Post
    Not so much oversigning as it is medical hardships being given out like skittles.
    SEC is incredibly shady with their personnel.

  14. #14
    GUMMO77
    Chipping the Reese in life.
    GUMMO77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 7,723
    Betpoints: 1631

    Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Let's not mention Colin Cowherd's tweet tonight.
    "On phone for the last 60 minutes. Crazy rumors. Shock the world rumors. Need a cocktail."

    Is this related at all?
    Hope it's better than this years "Blazing five".

    BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 382 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/16/2017

    BTP
    Week 10
    4-1-0 1076 pts

    BTP
    Week 10
    4-1-0 815 pts

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 142 pts


  15. #15
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,019
    Betpoints: 195

    Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Hope it's better than this years "Blazing five".

  16. #16
    MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-13
    Posts: 1,876
    Betpoints: 3020

    if saban leaves wonder if Alabama becomes like florida

  17. #17
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,019
    Betpoints: 195

    Bama fans losing their minds on twitter

  18. #18
    tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-31-10
    Posts: 20,933
    Betpoints: 312

    Nothing wrong of having a big ego

    Will bring success

  19. #19
    5mike5
    #1 NA$$CAR capper on earth
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-11
    Posts: 32,370
    Betpoints: 34

    not happening
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    BTP
    Week 10
    4-1-0 1055 pts

    BTP
    Week 10
    4-1-0 799 pts


  20. #20
    jjgold
    Player Relations
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 270,078
    Betpoints: 5167

    He will leave because Bama under heavy scrutiny

    Possible violations and probation down the road

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  21. #21
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 13,292
    Betpoints: 231

    id say -200 bama +160 texas
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-1-1 54 pts


  22. #22
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 17,060
    Betpoints: 5453

    If I'm Texas i was in his living room Saturday night after his most painful loss. Like a recent lover from a bad breakup, texas is there to pay or fuk nick's brains out after the iron bowl. Nothing like a hot sexy one flirting with you after a devastating moment.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017


  23. #23
    Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-25-08
    Posts: 3,307

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I think this is a no brainer move.

    The only issue is Texas not being in the SEC, so his recruiting tactics will have to change. No more ridiculously oversigning.

    But, he will be able to write his own check and be able to purchase anyone in the coaching world that he wants, realistically speaking, for assistants.

    Texas AD is insane. Great gig. I think he would be foolish to stay in the SEC and at Bama. Austin is a great place to live. Bama is Bama. BIG XII isn't anywhere near as competitive as the SEC, meaning he could pull a 2013 version of OSU every freaking year and waltz to the playoffs, assuming he keeps Stoops in check.

    No brainer. Saban needs to be the new Texas coach.
    Your recruiting thoughts are way off. Texas has their choice of any of the top of the line athletes in Texas over the years. The problem is they choose the wrong ones. With Saban's recruiting Texas will be a monster right away.

    BTP
    Week 11
    3-2-0 238 pts

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 149 pts


  24. #24
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Your recruiting thoughts are way off. Texas has their choice of any of the top of the line athletes in Texas over the years. The problem is they choose the wrong ones. With Saban's recruiting Texas will be a monster right away.
    Agreed

  25. #25
    MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,476
    Betpoints: 885

    I really don't see why people think that Texas is a better job than Alabama.

  26. #26
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 13,292
    Betpoints: 231

    Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I really don't see why people think that Texas is a better job than Alabama.

    money
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-1-1 54 pts


  27. #27
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Your recruiting thoughts are way off. Texas has their choice of any of the top of the line athletes in Texas over the years. The problem is they choose the wrong ones. With Saban's recruiting Texas will be a monster right away.
    You're reading is way off, I said nothing against Texas' recruiting. I was stating specifically that the SEC does shady shit in terms of recruiting that other conferences have rules against, specifically over-signing.

  28. #28
    Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-13
    Posts: 491
    Betpoints: 2483

    Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I really don't see why people think that Texas is a better job than Alabama.
    I heard the Texas job is $5.5 mil a year.

  29. #29
    wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-30-10
    Posts: 1,451
    Betpoints: 12

    What was alabama 10 years prior to saban showing up? Nothing....... Bama was in the shitter when he showed up and they will go back in the shitter when he leaves. Deal with it.

  30. #30
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    What was alabama 10 years prior to saban showing up? Nothing....... Bama was in the shitter when he showed up and they will go back in the shitter when he leaves. Deal with it.
    Ohh, poor Cornie.

    You're confusing Alabama with LSU.

    LSU is the program that has been historically shitty.

    Alabama actually has some history.

  31. #31
    wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-30-10
    Posts: 1,451
    Betpoints: 12

    Bama before Saban


    2006 6-7
    2005 10-2
    2004 6-6
    2003 4-9
    2002 10-3
    2001 7-5
    2000 3-8
    1999 10-3
    1998 7-5
    1997 4-7
    1996 10-3
    1995 8-3
    Points Awarded:

    ridik01 gave wildcorndog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  32. #32
    ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-13
    Posts: 346

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    Bama before Saban


    2006 6-7
    2005 10-2
    2004 6-6
    2003 4-9
    2002 10-3
    2001 7-5
    2000 3-8
    1999 10-3
    1998 7-5
    1997 4-7
    1996 10-3
    1995 8-3
    And some of those years were vacated!

  33. #33
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-12
    Posts: 5,795
    Betpoints: 5067

    Fort Worth Star Telegram/TCU Beat Writer says Saban to Texas

    Stefan Stevenson ?@FollowtheFrogs 1mSource close to Texas executive council of regents says Nick Saban will be next Longhorns coach.

  34. #34
    jjgold
    Player Relations
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 270,078
    Betpoints: 5167

    I thought he just signed with Bama??

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  35. #35
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Fort Worth Star Telegram, "Nick Saban to be named Texas' coach"

    http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/10/nic...legram-report/


    This does not appear to be a drill. Stefan Stevenson, the TCU beat reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, citing a “source close to the Texas executive council of regents” is reporting that Nick Saban will be the next coach at Texas. This follows the Orangebloods.com report earlier in the day that Mack Brown will step down as head coach.

12 Last
Top