jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy has average stats....what is wrong with baseball????? Cano must be worth 400 million then..massive mistake

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Most incompetent team in history.
    NY Yankees are the most incompetent team in history. Interesting.

Did you go to Harvard or Yale?

queensryche
    queensryche's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dynasty again

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

How about comparing J.E to Johnny Damon when he went from sox to yanks past the age of 30?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This
    Drinker spot on again.

The Twins have a Jackie Bradley Jr. His name is Aaron Hicks.
    They are pretty much the same players, both slick fielding, speedy center fielders with sky high OBA's
    Hicks put up pretty much the same numbers in 2012 at the AA level as Bradley did.

When Hicks got to the big club last year he hit .192 and got sent down.
    When Bradley made the big club last year, he hit .189 and got sent down

The two of them are the same players.
    They are what they are, that is AAAA ball players.
    Better than AAA, not ready for prime time.
    i see your comparison....but remember...hicks was drafted out of high school....hicks had 200+ pa in 08 in rookie ball....another 300 pa in single a in 09...in 2010 500 pa in a ball....in 2011 640 pa between rookie league and a ball....2012 500+ appearances in aa.....in 2013 he had 80 in double a and 300 with the big league club

in comparison...bradley had 40 plate appearances in 2011 in a ball....in 2012 off the bat he did very well against high a ball....went to double a and did well...got about 570 appearances between both....then aaa ball in 2013 mixed in with about 100 plus appearances at the major league level......he struggled at the major league level....but also showed some good flashes....is probably as good of a defensive player as ellsbury already.....obviously not the baserunner or hitter yet....but bradley batted mostly at the bottom of the order

he needs some work at the plate....and thats fine....i dont know if hell be handed the job....but even at the big league level hell be had at 2-3 percent of ellsburys salary...and that could have a ripple effect......what if the sox are able to go out and get beltran? what if bradley is batting ahead of pedroia, ortiz, beltran, victorino and bogaerts(if you watched this kid late in the year and in the postseason you can see they are clearly comfortable with him...and i was impressed by his plate approach and pitch recognition).....i certainly wouldnt write off jackie bradley jr right now

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

where is Granderson going to play?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

^
    Citi Field with David Wright

jjgold

Has to be most over paid contract in the history of baseball

This guy is an average player

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Pujols

jjgold

Archie at least Pujos had all the unreal past stats and always dangerous even if hurt

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Ellsbury will have a big-time season

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ellsbury gives NY the lead-off hitter they haven desperately needed for years. Legit speed on the basepaths and he can drive in runs. Plenty of other contracts as big to guys more worthless. He'll either prove or disprove it. Guys like Werth got paid and declined big upon cashing the paycheck. Mike Hampton's deal with Colorado still ranks as one of the worst deals I can remember. Hammy was a solid pitcher when he had a good ballpark to pitch in, but back when Coors was still a deathstar for pitchers ... that was a horrible contract.

master_c
    master_c's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 WS rings with Red Sox...none with the Yankees., once upon a time the Yankees were where players went for 2 reasons: 1st they wanted to win a WS at some point in their career, 2nd they wanted to get paid the ridiculous amounts that the Yankees throw at "decent" players, never mind great players. Nowadays players that want to win a WS sign with the Red Sox and those who only care about getting ridiculous amounts of money, they still sign with the Yankees!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Ellsbury gives NY the lead-off hitter they haven desperately needed for years. Legit speed on the basepaths and he can drive in runs. Plenty of other contracts as big to guys more worthless. He'll either prove or disprove it. Guys like Werth got paid and declined big upon cashing the paycheck. Mike Hampton's deal with Colorado still ranks as one of the worst deals I can remember. Hammy was a solid pitcher when he had a good ballpark to pitch in, but back when Coors was still a deathstar for pitchers ... that was a horrible contract.
    Drive in runs?????? Huh???

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

In four years, Bombers are going to regret that deal. They overpaid dearly. Boras smiling large.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Kelly Johnson signed for 3 million to plug holes

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

should have gone for jean segura, cheaper and younger

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Drive in runs?????? Huh???
    When healthy, he has driven in 50-60 runs . You take that from a leadoff hitter any time.

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

As a sox fan I was hurt at first obviously but the money paid to him is about 7-8 million a year too much. Dude had one unreal year when he was probably juicing. We would have never paid that and I don't think anyone else would. The Yankees have buried themselves in another 20+ million dollar contract. No farm system is their problem. This is just another example of wasted money by Yankees management. Might be the most overpaid contract in history. Ridiculous.

jjgold

Doughy great post

Dead on

It's why Yanks never win anymore

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

you people make me laugh with the farm system comments

the yankees do not need to develop a farm system by any means

they will just wait for your team to develop them and then steal them once they hit the free agent market

most people here are just jealous that their 90 million dollar payroll'd team cant afford big name guys

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

they will just wait for your team to develop them and then steal them once they hit the free agent market

most people here are just jealous that their 90 million dollar payroll'd team cant afford big name guys
    Not me bro. Times have changed. We win World Series now and then u guys try to buy a team like us. Too Many overpaid pre Madonna and not enough ball players. Settle in for about 5 years of misery as u dig ur way out of a grave of ridiculous contracts, while we keep getting rings

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy22 View Post
    Not me bro. Times have changed. We win World Series now and then u guys try to buy a team like us. Too Many overpaid pre Madonna and not enough ball players. Settle in for about 5 years of misery as u dig ur way out of a grave of ridiculous contracts, while we keep getting rings
    umm 27 rings in 100 years

red sox have how many in the same time give or take? btw it only took your "sox" 80 years to win a WS after your 1918 ring

congrats on having some winning organization i tell ya

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

umm 27 rings in 100 years

red sox have how many in the same time give or take? btw it only took your "sox" 80 years to win a WS after your 1918 ring

congrats on having some winning organization i tell ya
    ooooops

bobby heenan
    Update your status

considering the yankees late 90's early 2000s dominance was anchored by homegrown talent up the middle (posada, jeter, bernie) and mo and pettitte....id say it is important.....the red sox rode guys pedroia, ellsbury, ortiz(although not technically homegrown you could almost say he is)....lester, bucholz...guys like doubront and tazawa were key too....

take a look at some of the successful teams from the national league....the cardinals and the giants....wainwright, shelby miller, wacha, john jay, matt carpenter, allen craig,....matt cain, baumgarner, lincecum in 2010, posey, sandoval,......the cards were able to offset the loss of pujols with beltran or whatever...and they have holliday and beltran to do the heavy lifting...but its alot of the homegrown guys that take them to the next level

now look at the yank the last two years.....basically you have hughes(terrible) nova, and cano that are homegrown that contribute...unless you want to count homegrown guys that were gone and brought back in pettitte and soriano...i guess nunez too although he was really forced into action

stevenash

^
    Ortiz hardly Boston nearly homegrown.
    First signed (undrafted) out of DR by M's
    Traded to Twins because Russ Davis broke leg and M's needed 3B.
    Played low level A ball for Seattle, played high level AA ball for Twins.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Ortiz hardly Boston nearly homegrown.
    First signed (undrafted) out of DR by M's
    Traded to Twins because Russ Davis broke leg and M's needed 3B.
    Played low level A ball for Seattle, played high level AA ball for Twins.
    cmon man...stop grasping...i said I know hes not technically homegrown....i know his story well...ive seen his david arias rookie card.....he played more than AA ball for the twins......ortiz was released by the twins.....and even when the sox brought him in...he wasnt thought of as anything more than pinch hitter and part time dh......its not like ortiz was some big free agent signing....you know what im saying....stick to my point nasher you are better than that.....

stevenash

Not really directed at you, directed more at others who think Ortiz is homegrown Red Sox.
    You know your shit, but others don't know he played a little minor league ball for Red Sox (up the road from me) but 95 percent with Twins/M's

No doubt steroid user, but I believe he used it to get over the broken wrist and other problems he had, more so than to get an edge.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

So Boston may end up dealing for Kemp to replace Ellsbury? Would be interesting.

First 123