LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Fresno State in a Classic "Buy Low" Spot This Week?

Fresno is -3.5 at home in Mountain West Championship Game. That seems like an overreaction to the loss at San Jose, I still expect Carr to be his usual self and Utah State lacks the firepower to keep pace. Yes the Aggies won their last five games without Chuckie Keeton, but they had a ridiculously easy schedule during that stretch in fact being double-digit favorites in all five games, and only one of those games was on the road, which was a narrow non-covering 28-24 escape at UNLV. Perhaps most disconcerting is Utah State is averaging just 314.0 total yards over the last three weeks on 3.3 yards per rush and 6.4 yards per pass attempt despite the easy schedule (especially relative to Fresno State). I know Bulldogs have been dreadful ATS, but they have not been this small of a favorite much either.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i thought the same thing when i saw that line

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

They lost to san jose...no way

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Off topic but what you feel about louisville -3.5 vs cincy? Is this on a neutral site??? Either way this looks way low.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    They lost to san jose...no way
    San Jose had a great passer in David Fales. Utah State lost its quarterback 8 weeks ago and hasn't beaten a good team without Keeton. Don't get me wrong, Fresno State will give up points because they always do . I just don't think Utah State will score ENOUGH.

LT Profits

I already posted Cincinnati +3.5 -110 at Bookmaker. Don't know if its still available. (Oh and Lousivillekid1, close your eyes).

LT Profits

Oh and its a normal home game for Cinci at Nippert

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Ok.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I'm seeing Fresno State as having one of the worst year-to-date strength of schedule in the league for semi-decent teams (top 50 power rankings) aside from Louisville. Line seems about right.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I'm seeing Fresno State as having one of the worst year-to-date strength of schedule in the league for semi-decent teams (top 50 power rankings) aside from Louisville. Line seems about right.
    Both teams basically same schedule, Aggies SOS gets a bump because of one game at USC pre-Orgeron. Utah State lucked out because timing of weak part of schedule allowed them to win games with no Keeton and frankly not much offense the last three weeks.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah State defense gets no mention at all. A unit that Fremeau has ranked 11th overall inclusive of SOS.

The highest rated defense by 50 spots that Fresno will face this year. To say that Fresno State has played a patsie schedule is an understatement.

Some would point out the "bubble burst" theory as being worth mention as well. Tough to motivate after your first loss wipes you right off the national landscape. What are they playing for now?

There is a reason that Fremeau ranks a one loss team 57th in overall efficiency, Team Rankings 65th overall and Sagarin has them 61st, all well behind Utah State. They haven't played anyone. All of these ratings take SOS into the calculation.

I don't know how you buy low on something that was grossly overvalued by most in the first place.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WorkHorse, and thetrinity

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Just look at me, you going to root for someone like me?
    Points Awarded:

Yazworm91 gave greenhippo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Fresno is -3.5 at home in Mountain West Championship Game. That seems like an overreaction to the loss at San Jose, I still expect Carr to be his usual self and Utah State lacks the firepower to keep pace. Yes the Aggies won their last five games without Chuckie Keeton, but they had a ridiculously easy schedule during that stretch in fact being double-digit favorites in all five games, and only one of those games was on the road, which was a narrow non-covering 28-24 escape at UNLV. Perhaps most disconcerting is Utah State is averaging just 314.0 total yards over the last three weeks on 3.3 yards per rush and 6.4 yards per pass attempt despite the easy schedule (especially relative to Fresno State). I know Bulldogs have been dreadful ATS, but they have not been this small of a favorite much either.
    Im with you LT

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Smart money is on Utah St. You don't want to bet against smart money at this spot. Utah St is unstoppable the last 5 games whereas Fresno St is in a letdown spot after losing big last game.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fresno comes out on fire this weekend. Last home game in the dog-pound. Fresno has something to prove since getting carved up by Fales last week in San Jose

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Utah State defense gets no mention at all. A unit that Fremeau has ranked 11th overall inclusive of SOS.

The highest rated defense by 50 spots that Fresno will face this year. To say that Fresno State has played a patsie schedule is an understatement.

Some would point out the "bubble burst" theory as being worth mention as well. Tough to motivate after your first loss wipes you right off the national landscape. What are they playing for now?

There is a reason that Fremeau ranks a one loss team 57th in overall efficiency, Team Rankings 65th overall and Sagarin has them 61st, all well behind Utah State. They haven't played anyone. All of these ratings take SOS into the calculation.

I don't know how you buy low on something that was grossly overvalued by most in the first place.
    might be the best post in sbr history