GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

the Traps of coming onto SBR too much - especially if your a newbie

I mean when I come on here, so much different bs gets thrown around that you start second guessing your picks.

1) You already decided to make a pick, but some guy who you actually think has a clue on this site is on the other side so you question your pick. You may not totally cancel it, you just lower the wager amount. Albeit your pick ends up winning.

2) Miami is away to Toronto and the first half line is -3.5, ala last night so everyone says public money is on Miami no chance they cover, the good old to good to be true angle reveals its head, so you start to second guess again. Albeit your pick ends up winning, comfortably by 10-15. You look back saying that was so easy why didn't I go big.

3) Kobe Bryant or James Harden is out so everyone starts saying fade the Lakers or fake the Rockets, but common to knowledge that the lines reflect this. This is really a hard trap to avoid if your a novice handicapper it can almost be catastrophe this easy to avoid if your not too new to the game.

4) This is one, that is similar to the second one it is the one which people think a team is due, the Bobcats were due for 20-30 games in a row last season and never delivered even though they were due. I think Milwaukee are the Bobcats this season (maybe wrong)

Add your own.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Grounder you use SBR poster analysis as a tool in making your decision

I have lost thousands getting talked off a game I liked because some nit wit made some good points

When it is all said and done all we are doing is guessing as far as point spread winners

its 50-50 like roulette red or black

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

you would be better served to not even read any picks on here unless from like 5 guys ...most on here seem like they have no clue how to make picks or money at this for that matter

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

also a lot of mis information which I would also see my part about not reading picks

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Never check a forum before you've locked in your pick. Learned that one the hard way myself. Frustrating huh.

On the bright side, appears that you're capable of correcting that behavior so you're ahead of 90% or forumville.

Gl on your next pics....feel good that you're pickin em clean even if you didn't lock em in.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's your money and your decision.

Fukk what anyone else thinks about a game.

Trust yourself.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

#3. Always bet on the team when the superstar is announced out for the first game. Double your bet if that superstar is named Carmelo Anthony.