Kraken hope we see those two meet in playoffs

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

reg season stud. playoff dud.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Ok City waited till the last second to go to him. Durant missed at least 4 or 5 shots down the stretch and in OT to keep GSW in the game,

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

No question about it. We saw what a crap OKC is w/o Westbrook. Reminds alot of me of a young Kobe.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is more valuable than Durant

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

He wants to win and has true killer instinct..............95% of NBA players don't care about winning

Westbrook plays angry
    Points Awarded:

Vegas39 gave darkhat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JustSomeCash gave darkhat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Agree. Westbrook bailed out KD tonight. Had 10 or 12 in the 1q as well. Two great teams. GS shoots lights out. Great game to be at

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    reg season stud. playoff dud.
    Not really.

He was the only one that showed up in the Finals a few years ago. He single handily kept OKC in the game a few times and score like 20 straight points and had in the mid 40s while Durant did nothing.

Last year he got hurt so he couldn't do anything.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

It's all a setup by the fixed NBA. He's actually a robot built in a joint project by the nba and Vegas to ruin point spreads.

It's so obvious... can't everyone see it?

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    It's all a setup by the fixed NBA. He's actually a robot built in a joint project by the nba and Vegas to ruin point spreads.

It's so obvious... can't everyone see it?

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
    Shhhhhh

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I deal him. Not kidding, not for one second. Reggie Jackson is going to be a better player for them long term. Losing Harden instead of Westbrook was a mistake. He is a hot headed, show boating athlete.....and when I say 'athlete' I am not kidding....the guy is out of this world and could be one of the best. His clouded mind will never let him get there.

I feel bad for OKC.

These things can never be proved.....so we will never be able to say 'I told you so'....and I wish I was wrong, because I would love to see them win it all....

D2D

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two Ls, Kraken.

Quite the player. He needs to mature emotionally, but I believe that will come in time.

You can't question his heart.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Can't win with Westbrook

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Can't win with Westbrook

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Can't win with Westbrook
    They have won over 50 games easily the past few years and won the Western conference.

When Westbrook got injured in the playoffs how did OKC look?

They can't win without him...

Yeah, lets trade away a top 10 player, maybe top 5, and plan on Jackson being a better player. LMAO...

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    They have won over 50 games easily the past few years and won the Western conference.

When Westbrook got injured in the playoffs how did OKC look?

They can't win without him...

Yeah, lets trade away a top 10 player, maybe top 5, and plan on Jackson being a better player. LMAO...
    To each their own my friend. You do not need to agree. I believe that Jackson is a much better all round option when you consider what the return on a player like Westbrook could bring. Jackson is a distributor, and has a huge upside...is he as good right now? I would be stupid to say that.

If they had kept Harden and dealt Westbrook, groomed Jackson at the point and kept feeding Durant the ball....can you imagine the team they would have had? Ibaka is getting better all the time and looks much more interested in playing defense this year, the supporting cast is good......I just want to cry when I think about the possibilities if they had kept Harden instead of Westbrook....who is amazing, but can be a liability. The returns in a Westbrook trade would have been more then they got in the Harden deal too....

D2D

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    To each their own my friend. You do not need to agree. I believe that Jackson is a much better all round option when you consider what the return on a player like Westbrook could bring. Jackson is a distributor, and has a huge upside...is he as good right now? I would be stupid to say that.

If they had kept Harden and dealt Westbrook, groomed Jackson at the point and kept feeding Durant the ball....can you imagine the team they would have had? Ibaka is getting better all the time and looks much more interested in playing defense this year, the supporting cast is good......I just want to cry when I think about the possibilities if they had kept Harden instead of Westbrook....who is amazing, but can be a liability. The returns in a Westbrook trade would have been more then they got in the Harden deal too....

D2D
    I see your points but Westbrook is a special talent. The dude is still really young too.

Westbrook makes the Thunder go. Durant didn't really do much when he went out last year.

People have the wrong impression of Westbrook. He just wears his emotion on his sleeve. He isn't the selfish player everyone makes him out to be.

OKC has a better winning percentage the last few years when Westbrook takes more shots than Durant.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

What a shot. If OKC losses either guy they can't get out of the west. Golden State gave them a little taste how tough its going to be this year even when both are healthy.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    What a shot. If OKC losses either guy they can't get out of the west. Golden State gave them a little taste how tough its going to be this year even when both are healthy.
    Same could be said for Golden State if they lose Curry or Thompson.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Same could be said for Golden State if they lose Curry or Thompson.
    Come on guys, same could be said of any team that has a 2-stud rotation. This isn't shocking.

The only thing I can say is this.....the NBA is my sport, and frankly I do not have ANY alliances. I do not like any one team more than another, EXCEPT because they are more fun to watch. This keeps me almost entirely bias-free. I think it best if we all try to have debates on teams or on subjects that do not involve people that are actually on our avatar.

I don't mean to be an ass here....but you have to know that you cannot truly be unbiased. I think this is why the NBA is my best sport.....I have season tickets to an NHL team, I follow two teams in the NFL and in MLB I am a huge Blue Jays guy.....maybe this is why I hit 60% in the NBA.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

these kind of last second shots are WAY too overrated. there was no pressure on Westbrook to make that shot. he had to take it no matter what, he could only win. If he had a WIDE open corner 3 after a pass off a double team or had to make 3 ft's down 2, now THAT would be something. but this? luck.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    these kind of last second shots are WAY too overrated. there was no pressure on Westbrook to make that shot. he had to take it no matter what, he could only win. If he had a WIDE open corner 3 after a pass off a double team or had to make 3 ft's down 2, now THAT would be something. but this? luck.
    Are you kidding me?? Warriors are up by 2 w/ seconds left. If Westbrook misses that shot, Thunder lost the game.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post

D2D
    First of all, I was high on Jackson probably before everyone else around here. I am still, very high on him, and I think he will be a terrific sixth man for the Thunder. But being a better player than Westbrook in the long haul?? No way. Westbrook has something in him that no other player in the nba has, none, maybe there was never a guy that had it in the past 10 or 15 years. The intensity and the energy he brings, its just amazing. If you look closely, he's shot's ugly and not by the book. He could not properly drible a basketball to save his life if he had to. He's not the best finisher in the world either. Yet, the man is easily a top 5 player in the league. What he has, his something truly special. His passion for the game, is will to win, I can only remember a guy in the past 15 years that played the same way at the guard spot and you know who I'm talking about, and it's certainly not Kobe Bryant. Harden on the other hand, since arriving in Houston and scoring 25 a game, has completely stopped guarding people. He was a good defender in OKC, but not anymore. He was also not the better fit off of Durant has some say, because he pounds the ball even more than Westbrook, a lot more (he is a better catch and shooter, yes). Unless you're talking about Durant, Lebron and CP3, there's no team in the world that would gain Westbrook's true value from trading him. Last night it was just another example. People forget that this was one of the most scrutinized players in the league (2nd to Lebron at that time), who even got benched by his coach for ERIC MAYNOR, ERIC penetrating MAYNOR in the playoffs, just to come back and shit on the face of everyone of his haters. Last night, was just another example, forget the shot, just look at how he fights for that ball, for the chance to win it... there's not that many guys that have those instincts and that will, ever and Harden is sure as hell not going to make that play.

jjgold

Oklahoma State has no chance ever want to title because they have ball hogs with no defense

There are very very good team at home and very very beatable on the road

Home court is everything to advance in playoffs

The Kraken

D2d, Im glad you're in here posting. Always enjoy your discussion.

Personally, I think Jackson will end up staying and starting. And Westbrook and Durant hit the road. I could see KD heading home to texas to play in Houston with his buddy Harden and Westbrook heading home to play for thr lakers as Kobe should be retiring within 5 years and LA will rebuild.

I hope they stay but I don't see it.

jjgold

City not going anywhere unless they have best record in west

Playing no defense in nba is a formula a for losing

City has all one dimensional players

The Kraken

Not going anywhere is misleading because they're likely to be in the division championship if not the finals.

If by "going nowhere" you mean not winning a championship, we agree. Miami is the team to beat. Okc doesn't match up well.

However, with an aging Wade, no Miller. I'll pick Okc to win the title next year. All their stars will be one year better and with Ibaka and Adams, they should have plenty of D to win.

jjgold

Krackles Okl can never beat Spurs in a 7 game series

They are too well balanced and will grind them down

The Kraken

Whats changed? Spurs up 2-0 with homecourt two years ago and OKC won four in a row. OKC is better now.

Spurs are good. In a Thunder/Spurs series, I think the home team will be a -135 fav

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    First of all, I was high on Jackson probably before everyone else around here. I am still, very high on him, and I think he will be a terrific sixth man for the Thunder. But being a better player than Westbrook in the long haul?? No way. Westbrook has something in him that no other player in the nba has, none, maybe there was never a guy that had it in the past 10 or 15 years. The intensity and the energy he brings, its just amazing. If you look closely, he's shot's ugly and not by the book. He could not properly drible a basketball to save his life if he had to. He's not the best finisher in the world either. Yet, the man is easily a top 5 player in the league. What he has, his something truly special. His passion for the game, is will to win, I can only remember a guy in the past 15 years that played the same way at the guard spot and you know who I'm talking about, and it's certainly not Kobe Bryant. Harden on the other hand, since arriving in Houston and scoring 25 a game, has completely stopped guarding people. He was a good defender in OKC, but not anymore. He was also not the better fit off of Durant has some say, because he pounds the ball even more than Westbrook, a lot more (he is a better catch and shooter, yes). Unless you're talking about Durant, Lebron and CP3, there's no team in the world that would gain Westbrook's true value from trading him. Last night it was just another example. People forget that this was one of the most scrutinized players in the league (2nd to Lebron at that time), who even got benched by his coach for ERIC MAYNOR, ERIC penetrating MAYNOR in the playoffs, just to come back and shit on the face of everyone of his haters. Last night, was just another example, forget the shot, just look at how he fights for that ball, for the chance to win it... there's not that many guys that have those instincts and that will, ever and Harden is sure as hell not going to make that play.
    Please read my quote again....it reads better in the long haul FOR OKC, and in the future, based on what they could get for Westbrook. I am not an idiot....clearly Westbrook is the better player here and always will be.

JM92

There at least 3 teams better on paper than the Thunder, I'm afraid Kraken. And this come's from a Thunder fanatic. Thing is, as long as we have Westy and KD we'll be fine. Just not better than fine.

edit: D2D, I read it, and I don't think you're an idiot, much on the contrary you seem like a very nice poster. But I also do not agree, not at all, that any team would be better off without Westbrook, unless it was for the services of the guys I mentioned above. I did get the first phrase wrong, sorry about that.

The Kraken

JM, are you talking about in the entire league or the Just the West?

I don't have a problem conceding to 4 or 5 teams being better than the Thunder. Or the entire league for that matter, if that were the case. Right now I'd only put the Heat, maybe Spurs and Pacers over OKC. GSW and Clippers not far behind. That's the top 5 imo. Not bad company.

Oddly, the Rockets still don't scare me as a fan. Would much rather face Houston again than either San Antonio or GSW.

JM92

Rockets, Warriors and Clippers. On paper I said though Kraken... the Spurs are not that good on paper right now and they're still beating everyone so far! I think it's almost impossible to predict who's coming out of the west this here. At least right now. Last year as soon as Westbrook went down and the Clippers lost that 1st round I thought it was kinda obvious who the best team was. This year that top 5 is really, really good and barring injury, they should all be contenders. But hey, I'll take it having Westbrook and Durant over the Spurs or the Clippers depth in the playoffs!

12 Last