C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

NFL needs to suspend Mike Tomlin and fine Philip Rivers

What Mike Tomlin did was completely intentional and it was completely unacceptable. He was standing on the white out of bounds chalk and drifted right next to the field of play and stuck his foot out. This changed the trajectory of a Jacoby Jones that was rapidly advancing toward the goal line. Jones had to change his direction and he was eventually caught. The coach 100% did that on purpose and he should be suspended from the league.

Can you imagine what would happen if Bill Bellicheck did that? Or a hot head like Jim Harbaugh? But noooooo, the protected species Mike Tomlin did it and he will probably get off free. That was a huge momentum killing play that could have kept the Steelers in the game enough to win late. After the Steelers got their first TD, if JJ runs it back the game is over.

Do you remember when the Jets strength coach stuck his leg out and was banned from the NFL?

Just last week in I believe the Jets/Ravens game one of the Jets was merely standing on the same white chalk that Tomlin was standing on, and an official had to move out of the way to avoid the Jet, he was trailing the play but a 15 yard penalty was awarded. The guy was in the way but didn't even impact the play. Tomlin injected himself into the play which is way worse and should be penalized by the league front office.

I also have a big problem with Philip Rivers smacking Andy Reid in the ass last week. Rivers kept barking at the officials about a bad call and they were avoiding him. Rivers came closer to the refs who were on the Chiefs sideline and fat Andy tried to box Rivers out so they couldn't hear his correct argument. Rivers smacked Andy Reid in the ass which was totally uncalled for.

An opposing coach should never touch an opposing player and an opposing player should never touch an opposing coach. Philip Rivers should be fined by the league for embarrassing the game.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Yeah I can't believe they didn't do anything. I saw it happen live in real time and I know the one ref did because the ref had to change HIS path and go around him

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was Philip Rivers bullying Andy Reid? Maybe he should go to detention too.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

maybe rivers just wanted some booty

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

What dah hell you talking about.

I loves me some Andy.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Mike Tomlin, I fully agree. He had no business being out beyond where players and coaches are supposed to stand, but not Rivers. If anything, Andy Reid should be fined for sticking his ass out at Rivers. It's totally acceptable if you say "good game" when patting the butt! How come no flags were thrown or a "sideline warning" issued for Tomlin? I guess he was notified by Vegas to "remind" JJ to not take it to the house because Pittsburgh NEEDED to cover the spread, which JJ obliged and slowed down to get caught from behind.

kobebryant55
    kobebryant55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

A few things. Your right. But the one thing your not right on is the fact that tomlin will be disciplined. Again it will be via a fine and not a suspension which I'm assuming you'll hate and think is way to easy which I respect. Lastly there is a rule in the nfl book for years that I refer to as the flacco rule after what he said last Super Bowl that if a player were to say hop off the bench and tackle someone who had a clear path to score or interfere in any way the ref could rule he would have scored and award the TD anyway. My .2 cents.

Joey Blaze
    Joey Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

I watched that tomlin move on espn and that was a dirty move no doubt the NFL will have no choice but to fine him I cant see him getting out of that one

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They also need to suspend Jimmy Smith for the helmet hit on Le'Veon Bell.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

the ravens player should have ran tomlin over. then he would learn not to do that again.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Jason Kidd and Mike Tomlin just showing their true colors. " so you're firing me because I am black ?.........no I hired you because you are black. "

kobebryant55
    kobebryant55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

looks like they may take a draft pick away from pitt for this seems like there will be a huge punishment (potentially)

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kobebryant55 View Post
    looks like they may take a draft pick away from pitt for this seems like there will be a huge punishment (potentially)
    They should suspend Mike Tomlin. There is no business for that blatant cheating in the NFL.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I think any steeler fan would be just fine with them suspending Tomlin for the remainder of the year rather than take a draft pick away.

losing a draft pick is by FAR the bigger punishment there, no question about it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    They should suspend Mike Tomlin. There is no business for that blatant cheating in the NFL.
    They're reportedly talking 6 figure fine...and possibly a draft pick against the Pittsburgh organization. If Pittsburgh doesn't make the playoffs, Big Ben getting longer in the tooth, and all the good looking QBs coming out this year, if it's a 1st rounder and the NFL carries through with that threat it could be a real disaster for Pitt fans

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    They're reportedly talking 6 figure fine...and possibly a draft pick against the Pittsburgh organization. If Pittsburgh doesn't make the playoffs, Big Ben getting longer in the tooth, and all the good looking QBs coming out this year, if it's a 1st rounder and the NFL carries through with that threat it could be a real disaster for Pitt fans
    Tomlin is a disaster.

I hope they personally fine him 100K or 200K and take away a high pick from Pitt.

But the NFL favors Pitt and most referees are actually from Pitt.

lakerboy

Tomlin is a disaster.

I hope they personally fine him 100K or 200K and take away a high pick from Pitt.

But the NFL favors Pitt and most referees are actually from Pitt.

yeah we saw that all too often in the seachickens superbowl game

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    yeah we saw that all too often in the seachickens superbowl game
    One of the refs admitted he made a lot of bad calls in that game and felt bad about it. That was the worst officiated game out there. How can you not say that was fixed. That game was a pathetic embarrassment to the league. Seattle should have won.

lakerboy

One of the refs admitted he made a lot of bad calls in that game and felt bad about it. That was the worst officiated game out there. How can you not say that was fixed. That game was a pathetic embarrassment to the league. Seattle should have won.

truly sad event. i was watching that with some steelers fans and they were embarrassed

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11794

I know for a fact that all the refs are from pittsburgh