Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Should the Bulls tank now?

They can't beat the Heat, Pacers etc. Rose won't be the talented player he once was, time to look forward to a new star?

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

All valid points but do you really see Deng, Noah and Thibs tanking. I sure dont. This team will fight and make the playoffs and possibly lose first round.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Well here comes the issue. You can't have a league of 15 teams tanking. The league is already garbage enough. League won't let it happen.
    Points Awarded:

Marigold HD gave Deuce 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

if they dont make playoffs, Stern will make sure Bulls get a top 3 pick. Business is better when the major market teams do well. Wiggens or Parker with Noah and a conservative dRose will be fun to watch. Deng will be gone after this year

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bulls win not get a Top 3 pick. There are too many horrible teams in the league that can lose even when trying hard (see Bobcats, Jazz, Bucks) and another handful that are far less talented then the Bulls (Raptors, Celtics, Wiz, Kings, Suns, Pelicans, Nuggets). The Bulls could land anywhere from the 4th to 8th seed in the East and will be assured to be outside the lottery. Besides Miami and Indiana....the East is pretty terrible. The Hawks will probably finish a few games over .500 and could land the 3rd seed. I'm sure the Knicks/Nets/Cavs will turn it around slightly, but the Bulls are still one of the better teams in the East.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    They can't beat the Heat, Pacers etc. Rose won't be the talented player he once was, time to look forward to a new star?
    There are at least a couple threads already started where this has come up a number of times.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Bulls are going to make the playoffs and Derrick Rose will be in uniform.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    There are at least a couple threads already started where this has come up a number of times.
    And you want me to search for these threads that i don't no about nor do i care about? Time is precious.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

there only 3 teams above .500 in the east even if they try and tank they will still make the playoffs cause there better than all the teams under them

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its still pot luck in the lottery

zero guarantees

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Bulls win not get a Top 3 pick. There are too many horrible teams in the league that can lose even when trying hard (see Bobcats, Jazz, Bucks) and another handful that are far less talented then the Bulls (Raptors, Celtics, Wiz, Kings, Suns, Pelicans, Nuggets). The Bulls could land anywhere from the 4th to 8th seed in the East and will be assured to be outside the lottery. Besides Miami and Indiana....the East is pretty terrible. The Hawks will probably finish a few games over .500 and could land the 3rd seed. I'm sure the Knicks/Nets/Cavs will turn it around slightly, but the Bulls are still one of the better teams in the East.
    Nuggets are easily the better team, especially when McGee comes back.

Agree on the rest though, Bulls are still a borderline playoff team by default

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21425

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Actually they'll be getting a new star this offseason. His name is Nikola Mirotic. If you haven't heard of him, you should have. He's the best player in Europe. 6'10 stretch 4. Think Dirk. He'd be a top 5 pick in the draft this season.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The Bulls are going to make the playoffs and Derrick Rose will be in uniform.
    No, he won't.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Deng will more than likely be traded soon

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Seriously, am I the only one who knows who Nikola Mirotic is? Bulls are actually going to build around him. Really what the Bulls need is a '2' that's a slasher and can handle the ball and create his own offense so that Rose isn't the only option with the ball. Mirotic is a dynamic stretch 4 that will provide shooting from the PF spot. Butler will be a good fit in there at the 3. So it's Rose/?/Butler/Mirotic/Noah. It doesn't seem like Snell will be the right answer.

If you don't know Mirotic, google and youtube him. He's the best player in Europe and has been tearing up the EuroLeague for years, and he's still only like 23 or 24. Bulls should be able to bring him over this offseason for something like 3yrs/15mil.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Very deep draft. bulls could get two first rounders plus Miro, if

Charlotte plays well enough this year

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seriously, am I the only one who knows who Nikola Mirotic is? Bulls are actually going to build around him. Really what the Bulls need is a '2' that's a slasher and can handle the ball and create his own offense so that Rose isn't the only option with the ball. Mirotic is a dynamic stretch 4 that will provide shooting from the PF spot. Butler will be a good fit in there at the 3. So it's Rose/?/Butler/Mirotic/Noah. It doesn't seem like Snell will be the right answer.

If you don't know Mirotic, google and youtube him. He's the best player in Europe and has been tearing up the EuroLeague for years, and he's still only like 23 or 24. Bulls should be able to bring him over this offseason for something like 3yrs/15mil.
    that guy is dirtyyyyyy

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

As a Bulls fan Im all for it at this point. I cant even wrap my head around him being out another season. I will take Parker, Wiggins. or Randle for sure.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

i think they'll really miss nate robinson from last yr now

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    i think they'll really miss nate robinson from last yr now
    yeah they don't have a guy to replace Rose that can get his own shot like in years past

captain Kirk is not going to get it done

guys like Watson, Robinson, even John Lucas III were able to put up some big numbers

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

will never happen. they'll just make some trades later I think... but things looking really grim for chicago's future

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Parker will stay a second year.

I've been saying it for a while.

Not everyone needs NBA money after one year, especially if you know you will go at least top-3 the next year.

Bulls should tank for Wiggins though.

The NBA sucks dick anyways, so why not.

College B-ball is where it is at.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

They should not tank. There is a reason is called the lottery. NBA fixes the winner of the #1 pick.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Rose will be a great player when he returns. He will adjust his game. He won't attack the same way which is a shame. But he will try and emulate more of Chris Paul. Become a better passer, learn how to use his body more with the dribble, improve his jumper, etc.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Parker will stay a second year.

I've been saying it for a while.

Not everyone needs NBA money after one year, especially if you know you will go at least top-3 the next year.

Bulls should tank for Wiggins though.

The NBA sucks dick anyways, so why not.

College B-ball is where it is at.
    Parker is not going to stay.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLuckCharm View Post
    will never happen. they'll just make some trades later I think... but things looking really grim for chicago's future
    Not at all. They're set up really well actually with the rights to Mirotic and an extra #1 from Charlotte. Rose will be back. Butler is young and on the rise. They can shed Boozer. They've got Noah. Mirotic is going to be a star. Bulls just need to find a SG that can take some pressure off Rose to create offense.

I do think the Bulls will trade Deng this season. He's not going to be back, but he has trade value to the right team that can help them this season and also help as an expiring contract.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Rose will be a great player when he returns. He will adjust his game. He won't attack the same way which is a shame. But he will try and emulate more of Chris Paul. Become a better passer, learn how to use his body more with the dribble, improve his jumper, etc.
    was kind of expecting him to be like CP already after the acl injury...