Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Need Help! Aston Villa vs. West Bromwich

I finally have a freaking day of today and I see that there is a Soccer game on ESPN at 1500 (est). I normally dont bet soccer for the most part.... But would like to wager on this match considering off work and on TV.

Please clue me in on who should win (in theory)? Which is the home team ( I think home and away) is listed different in Soccer and is this a playoff game or something considering it is on ESPN.????

Hell, for all I know the Aston Villa vs. Bromwich game may be meaningless for both clubs and not worth wagering at all? Opinions please, Ill even take a O/U if you guys have a bit of knowledge here?

Cheers, and thank in advance for the game insight. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

home teams are always listed first.
    this game is a regular season game , there are no playoffs in soccer.

I have no idea who wins though.
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave jayc88 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

its a normal league game, moved to monday night so its live on sky.tv

as for local knowledge should be a fiesty affair local derby as both clubs near the midlands aston villa in birmingham and west brom is only 5 miles away, wba are at home thats why there favourites expecting a low scoring affair

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

I staying away from this game, hope this helps

West Bromwich – Aston Villa 25.11.2013
    West Bromwich – Aston Villa – For the very end of the 12th round of the English Premier League has left match between two teams that currently occupy the middle of the table with 14 points each, where 10th-placed West Bromwich is ahead of Aston Villa due to a slightly better goal difference. Let’s say that their three last championship matches ended without a winner, so it’s quite clear that this will be a match of two fairly equal rivals. Begins: 25.11.2013 – 21:00 CET

West Bromwich

Regarding West Brom, they had very bad start of the new season and won only two points in the first four rounds, but were later improved their form and are currently on excellent 10th place. What particularly pleases coach Clarke is the fact that were defeated only once in last seven rounds, and that was in the away match with Liverpool, while they drew with Arsenal and Chelsea, and have even won away the reigning champion, Manchester United.

They had a great opportunity to win the last match with Chelsea that was played at the Stamford Bridge, because they had a lead until the 96th minute of 2-1 but then came a controversial penalty for the hosts, which Hazard turned into a goal. However, we believe something like that will not shake too much this team ahead of the match with the Villans, because they are aware that in recent time play greatly and especially in the defence. Regarding the team, we are doubtful that after latest great parties something radical will happen. Out of action are still injured goalkeeper Foster, winger Sinclair and midfielders Thorne and Gera.

Probable lineups West Bromwich: Myhill – Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell – Yacob, Mulumbu – Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Brunt – Long

Aston Villa

In contrast to West Brom, Aston Villa was up to the last round in a big result crisis given that it has stringed two draws and same number of defeats, and didn’t score a single goal in those matches. But then have managed to win with 2-0 a very important championship match with Cardiff, again moving away from the relegation zone for four points. Of course, this is an extremely important fact ahead of the match with unpleasant West Bromwich, where again we expect that coach Lambert set a defensive tactic, just like in previous matches against Norwich, Hull and West Ham, when they didn’t receive a single goal .

All these results of the Villans gets in importance when we know that coach Lambert still has enormous problems with injuries and on Monday night eight players will be unable to play. Those are defenders Okore, Bennett and Luna, midfielders Delphi, Gardner and N’Zogbi and forwards Weimann and Agbonlahor .

Probable lineups Aston Villa: Guzan – Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Clark – El Ahmadi, Sylla, Westwood – Tonev – Kozak, Benteke

West Bromwich – Aston Villa Pick

Having in mind that this will be a match between teams who are currently in the “golden” middle, we believe that main goal of both coaches will be to stay undefeated and that implies a more cautious approach which translates into a match with a few goals.

Tip: under 2.5 goals

Stake: 4/10

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Low quality match between 2 strugglers. League match so yeah they'll be going for it but whether they can actually break each other down will be the question. Under or Draw most likely.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Thanks for all the help guys. I tried to aware betpoints to you all for the helpful insight............however, it only allows me to transfer 2 points for some reason and it only let me do it once. Not sure why

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    I staying away from this game, hope this helps

West Bromwich – Aston Villa 25.11.2013
    West Bromwich – Aston Villa – For the very end of the 12th round of the English Premier League has left match between two teams that currently occupy the middle of the table with 14 points each, where 10th-placed West Bromwich is ahead of Aston Villa due to a slightly better goal difference. Let’s say that their three last championship matches ended without a winner, so it’s quite clear that this will be a match of two fairly equal rivals. Begins: 25.11.2013 – 21:00 CET

West Bromwich

Regarding West Brom, they had very bad start of the new season and won only two points in the first four rounds, but were later improved their form and are currently on excellent 10th place. What particularly pleases coach Clarke is the fact that were defeated only once in last seven rounds, and that was in the away match with Liverpool, while they drew with Arsenal and Chelsea, and have even won away the reigning champion, Manchester United.

They had a great opportunity to win the last match with Chelsea that was played at the Stamford Bridge, because they had a lead until the 96th minute of 2-1 but then came a controversial penalty for the hosts, which Hazard turned into a goal. However, we believe something like that will not shake too much this team ahead of the match with the Villans, because they are aware that in recent time play greatly and especially in the defence. Regarding the team, we are doubtful that after latest great parties something radical will happen. Out of action are still injured goalkeeper Foster, winger Sinclair and midfielders Thorne and Gera.

Probable lineups West Bromwich: Myhill – Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell – Yacob, Mulumbu – Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Brunt – Long

Aston Villa

In contrast to West Brom, Aston Villa was up to the last round in a big result crisis given that it has stringed two draws and same number of defeats, and didn’t score a single goal in those matches. But then have managed to win with 2-0 a very important championship match with Cardiff, again moving away from the relegation zone for four points. Of course, this is an extremely important fact ahead of the match with unpleasant West Bromwich, where again we expect that coach Lambert set a defensive tactic, just like in previous matches against Norwich, Hull and West Ham, when they didn’t receive a single goal .

All these results of the Villans gets in importance when we know that coach Lambert still has enormous problems with injuries and on Monday night eight players will be unable to play. Those are defenders Okore, Bennett and Luna, midfielders Delphi, Gardner and N’Zogbi and forwards Weimann and Agbonlahor .

Probable lineups Aston Villa: Guzan – Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Clark – El Ahmadi, Sylla, Westwood – Tonev – Kozak, Benteke

West Bromwich – Aston Villa Pick

Having in mind that this will be a match between teams who are currently in the “golden” middle, we believe that main goal of both coaches will be to stay undefeated and that implies a more cautious approach which translates into a match with a few goals.

Tip: under 2.5 goals

Stake: 4/10

One hell of a post Bet10!!! I will go with you and the other fella and take the under 2.5 goals -117

Thanks again!

BHS
    BHS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

This is one of the most weird game. I wouldn't touch it at all, no result would shock me. Anything can happen.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Aston wins by 4-0, good luck!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

betting on a game because its televised even though you have no clue about the sport on your day off, now that's degeneracy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Powderguy

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol