C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Mike Glennon is far more advanced playing NFL QB than RG3

Not my words. This is coming from the guys at NFL films.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...playing-nfl-qb

“Mike Glennon is so far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback that it's not even close,” Cosell said during an appearance on 98.7 The Fan in Tampa Bay. ”They shouldn't even be in the same discussion.”

“I think they (the Bucs) are getting really quality quarterback play from Mike Glennon, who is without question the best rookie quarterback in this class,” Cosell continued. ... “When your quarterback makes difficult anticipation throws, everything about your offense tends to look better.”

And when your quarterback heaves an off-balance arm-punt into the end zone that's intercepted, the offense tends to look noticeably worse.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

I'm sure Glennon actually had a playbook in college and didn't play playground football like they do at Baylor. On the same note...Luck looks just as awful without any competent receivers. But hey at least he's making a progression into that triple coverage he is throwing into right?

These guys are all young. You seem to have way too much personal hate to be objective. You said last week that rg3 sucks now because the skins run game disappeared when they are only #3 in rush offense and Morris is at the top at rush yards per game.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 11-24-13 at 07:10 PM.

C-Gold

RG3 looks awful when he has to read a defense. Last year they were so focused on the zone read he had easy play action passes as the LBs all crashed up. He's not getting those easy completions this year and he's having to play NFL QB and he is failing miserably and blaming everybody else.

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best in his class? Does Case Keenum not ring a bell for this guy?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

He will be the next david garrard, o wait he's still playing. He will be the next byron leftwich, there we go.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ive been saying how garbage rg3 is but i must admit im pretty surprised how well glennon has played,, really didnt think coming out of college he was gonna be all that good but he been impressive...

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I'm sold on Glennon guy can play

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Mike Glennon is the best in his class but is that really saying much?
    Gina Smith will be homeless in 3 years.
    EJ Manuel sucks, he is a poor man's David Garrard and David Garrard isn't even good so being a poor man's Garrard???

None of the other guys are worth mentioning. I thought Kennun was 2 years ago.

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Mike Glennon is the best in his class but is that really saying much?
    Gina Smith will be homeless in 3 years.
    EJ Manuel sucks, he is a poor man's David Garrard and David Garrard isn't even good so being a poor man's Garrard???

None of the other guys are worth mentioning. I thought Kennun was 2 years ago.
    Keenum is a rookie this year. He's not torching other teams but he literally has no time in the pocket with Houston's terrible O-line!

C-Gold

I think Glennon is a backup NFL QB.

Coach probably gets fired and he gets lost in the shuffle as the new guy brings in a new QB. If a team really got behind him, he could maybe turn into a Joe Flacco type QB, tall, big arm, Glennon has played well so far but I am not sold on him.

but EVERYBODY is sold on RG3 and he had a fluke year last year and has played like shit this year. His cheap yards zone read days are done and he has 2 torn ACLs in 4 years and he took too many hits today. Ahmad Brooks made him his bitch.

cb8720
    cb8720's Avatar Become A Pro!

Case Keenum isn't a rookie.

C-Gold

Keenum is a rookie this year. He's not torching other teams but he literally has no time in the pocket with Houston's terrible O-line!
    Houston has a good O-Line.

Everybody always uses the no line excuse. Keenum has played ok, I think he could be a backup NFL QB but the guy doesn't have the size. It will be an uphill battle for him if he ever makes it.

ridik01

Quote Originally Posted by cb8720 View Post
    Case Keenum isn't a rookie.
    You're right, got my years confused. He spent last year on the practice squad.

ridik01

Houston has a good O-Line.

Everybody always uses the no line excuse. Keenum has played ok, I think he could be a backup NFL QB but the guy doesn't have the size. It will be an uphill battle for him if he ever makes it.
    No Houston has a bad O-line geared for Keenum. They're used to Schaub that throws 10 yard dump passes that take 3 seconds. Keenum actually stretches out the field forcing the O-line to hold their blocks longer.

You clearly haven't been watching Texans' games if you think we have a good O-line for Keenum.

C-Gold

No Houston has a bad O-line geared for Keenum. They're used to Schaub that throws 10 yard dump passes that take 3 seconds. Keenum actually stretches out the field forcing the O-line to hold their blocks longer.

You clearly haven't been watching Texans' games if you think we have a good O-line for Keenum.
    Keenum holds onto the ball, because he wants to throw deeper. Houston has a good o-line and have for years. You don't even know what year he is.

ridik01

Not to mention, Kubiak is keeping Tate in the game and benching Dennis Johnson. That team is a great team headed by an idiot as a coach!

ridik01

Keenum holds onto the ball, because he wants to throw deeper. Houston has a good o-line and have for years. You don't even know what year he is.
    Because he made he debut this year. Technically he is a rookie if you look at it, just not a true rookie.

We "had" a dominant O-line, those years are over and those guys that we're good have been traded or close to retirement.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

WTF is wrong with RG3. Dude was freaking amazing and had one of the most exciting can't miss to watch season last year.

C-Gold

Not to mention, Kubiak is keeping Tate in the game and benching Dennis Johnson. That team is a great team headed by an idiot as a coach!
    You are so stupid.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    WTF is wrong with RG3. Dude was freaking amazing and had one of the most exciting can't miss to watch season last year.
    Last year revolved around one play. Pistol read option. They ran it very well last year and were gashhing teams with the run. Nobody knew how to defend it. On top of that key play they would run play action off of it where Garcon would run a quick slant, and if the LBs crashed up to defend the Pistol read option RG3 was throwing to a wide open Pierre Garcon.

The Redskins offense mainly consisted of 2 plays last year. 2 plays!!!!!

Well teams studied those 2 plays and now he has to play QB, instead of robot that runs 2 plays really successfully. I predicted the crappy year from him. I know the Redskins well.

ridik01

You are so stupid.
    Lmao, sorry that I know football.
    I watch this team every week buddy, I kind of know what I'm talking about.

Dennis Johnson 13 att 74 yards
    Ben Tate 7 att 1 yard

Kubiak put Tate in the entire first half, Tate is a power RB that doesn't have the power part. Johnson has a lot more speed and shows great passion as he plays every down.

I'll be telling you what's up when the Texans draft an O-linemen for the first pick in the NFL draft!

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with him, this is who he is

C-Gold

Lmao, sorry that I know football.
    I watch this team every week buddy, I kind of know what I'm talking about.

Dennis Johnson 13 att 74 yards
    Ben Tate 7 att 1 yard

Kubiak put Tate in the entire first half, Tate is not a power RB that doesn't have the power part. Johnson has a lot more speed and shows great passion as he plays every down.

I'll be telling you what's up when the Texans draft an O-linemen for the first pick in the NFL draft!
    Houston is having a down year but Kubiak is a good coach who built a good team. Not every coach is blessed with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers. Kubiak put together a solid team that won last year, won the year before, and was supposed to this year. You'd be crazy to get rid of him. They have had a dominant offense for years without a top QB. Kubiak is one of the better coaches of the league, they have one of the best O-lines if you understand the way their offense works.

But you obviously don't. You are an ignorant fan who doesn't understand a west coach offense and the contributions of the coach. Hey Peyton Manning lost yesterday, maybe he sucks too Mr. Over reaction.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with him, this is who he is
    Redskins had 30 yards in the 2nd half. At Home. Monday Night Football.

That is the worst 2nd half offensive performance in the NFL this year. and then he's out at the press conference chirping out.

ridik01

Houston is having a down year but Kubiak is a good coach who built a good team. Not every coach is blessed with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers. Kubiak put together a solid team that won last year, won the year before, and was supposed to this year. You'd be crazy to get rid of him. They have had a dominant offense for years without a top QB. Kubiak is one of the better coaches of the league, they have one of the best O-lines if you understand the way their offense works.

But you obviously don't. You are an ignorant fan who doesn't understand a west coach offense and the contributions of the coach. Hey Peyton Manning lost yesterday, maybe he sucks too Mr. Over reaction.
    You act like I'm calling for his head, I actually don't want them to get rid of him and I usually tell all Texans fans to stfu when they call for his head. I
    Im telling you that Keenum is a better QB than Schaub and our O-line is not built for Keenum. Even before Schaub got hurt our line was faltering, being that many of our O-line guys are getting very old or getting traded away.

Kubiak is in the same position as Shanahan, if he sticks Schaub in and pulls Keenum out he may be unemployed next season!

ridik01

You cannot say that Schaub and Keenum have the same playing style.
    However, Schaub is old as hell and not showing progress in his career. It's time to move on!

C-Gold

Shanny and Kubiak are two of the better coaches in the NFL. Only ignorant fools can't see it. If they get fired they won't be unemployed long at all.
    Points Awarded:

ridik01 gave C-Gold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ridik01

Just because I call him an idiot does not mean I want him gone! He's a genius in some aspect and a blatant idiot in others!

His major problem is giving guys 2nd chances, he has too much blind faith in guys that end up f'ing him in the long run. He's a nice guy, which creates this problem!

He's a great play caller and he's the best team builder I've ever seen in my life.

ridik01

I've already scrubbed this season and am looking forward to the draft. If we stick with Keenum and choose to build an O-line around him, FANTASTIC! If we choose to get a new QB and build a team around him great!

This is the same guy that has Cushings, Watt, Foster, A.Johnson, Keenum, Myers, Daniels, etc... All on the same team. He'll find a new capable QB no problem, but he didn't pick up Keenum to search for a new QB 2 years later!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

RG3 looks like a bust

Sane old story black quarterback

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

RG's problems this season can go a bunch of different directions:

-put himself back into play before he really trusted his knee.
    -teams saw he isn't a willing runner and are blitzing him at a very high percentage. he was blitzed more the first 6 games this season than last year. him not being a running threat is why run game is less effective.
    -a big disconnect between him and coach. who is to shoulder most of blame is something we don't know as outsiders. shannahan is likely too old to coddle him after this season so a separation is likely coming in offseason.
    -play book is not something he is comfortable with.

glennon is clearly a more advanced traditional drop back passer but he is nothing to build around.

kubiak has worn out welcome in houston. a change of scenery will do good for him. team banked on a guy like schaub who never was cut out to be anything more than a decent backup, not a franchise qb. sounds like glennon.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I think Glennon is a backup NFL QB.

Coach probably gets fired and he gets lost in the shuffle as the new guy brings in a new QB. If a team really got behind him, he could maybe turn into a Joe Flacco type QB, tall, big arm, Glennon has played well so far but I am not sold on him.

but EVERYBODY is sold on RG3 and he had a fluke year last year and has played like shit this year. His cheap yards zone read days are done and he has 2 torn ACLs in 4 years and he took too many hits today. Ahmad Brooks made him his bitch.
    Glennon just saved Schiano's job, they have too much invested in him to let him go after 2 years. Schiano will stay and Glennon will be the starter next year. Even if they bring a QB it will be a vet to sit on the bench and help Glennon, their not gonna draft a qb in the draft.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Cousins is going to be great when it's his time

JJ called it last year

C-Gold

No RG3's outspoken dad hangs out in the locker room. The Redskins are a complete circus.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Luck and RGII are both busts. Lets move on to next year's draft.

12 Last