Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Seto, if you wouldn't take the Blazers to win the West at 100-1, then you're a gambler who knows NOTHING about value and destined to lose whatever bankroll you allocate to sports betting.
    Well Portland do look great and will certainly win over 40 games this year...but out of the 13 or 14 or so teams they have faced...only 4 have winning records....I suspect once they have to faced the upper echelon of the west on the road, in addition to Pacers and Heat....they likely fall just short of the feat..

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Never count out Kobe Bryant either. Lakers are contenders with Bryant. easily.

+260 for L.a. to make playoffs before years started? lol what were books thinking. should have pounded that for way more.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Love how these guys are here talking about "value" when they don't understand how the game of basketball and the playoffs work. Yeah, this team added Mo Williams and all of a sudden they're gonna go from missing the playoffs to winning the toughest conference in one of its toughest eras.

This isn't baseball where fluke teams can go all the way. Trust me I understand what value is. It's getting odds better than the % chance you estimate for the event to happen. In this case, there is ZERO percent chance for the Blazers to make the NBA Finals.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

In fact, the Blazers to NOT win the West at -2500 or -3000 or whatever it is has value. PLENTY of value.

I'm just not the kind of guy who can invest like 5 or 6 figures over 8 months which is really what you'd have to put in for it to be worth the wait. I'd rather keep my money and grow my bankroll day by day.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Love how these guys are here talking about "value" when they don't understand how the game of basketball and the playoffs work. Yeah, this team added Mo Williams and all of a sudden they're gonna go from missing the playoffs to winning the toughest conference in one of its toughest eras.

This isn't baseball where fluke teams can go all the way. Trust me I understand what value is. It's getting odds better than the % chance you estimate for the event to happen. In this case, there is ZERO percent chance for the Blazers to make the NBA Finals.
    Trust me, it is not even worth explaining to model-gamblers (models that hit 54+%). They search for value. They don't understand basketball. I tried to explain this to a model guy last year with some team (I forget which team). He didn't listen. The year before that, I tried to explain to suicidekings that there is a 0% chance the milawakee bucks win the eastern conference. He gave me some mathematical writeup about how it was technically possible and at those odds, he was getting great value.

Like you said, there is no value in something that has a 0% chance of winning. I can give you +500,000 on the ATL Hawks to win the East. Every model-gambler would JUMP on those odds. They would feel like Christmas came early. In the end, I would collect every cent of their futures without having to even sweat it out.
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave Goat Milk 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

In the nba value is on a name team to make the finals.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The Spurs O/U was 55. Was tempted to play the under after they did very little in the offseason and over paid Manu. Glad I didnt.

Leonard is still a wild card. Not sure where is upside hits the ceiling.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They beat up the Heat last year

It was a miracle Heat victory and all the players played over the heads even in game 7

Spurs would be -240 vs Heat in finals if they have home court

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They beat up the Heat last year

It was a miracle Heat victory and all the players played over the heads even in game 7

Spurs would be -240 vs Heat in finals if they have home court

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If the Spurs win tonight in Oklahoma City they may win 75 games

Bet all you can on the spurs to win the NBA title

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If the Spurs win tonight in Oklahoma City they may win 75 games

Bet all you can on the spurs to win the NBA title

jj you doing some real good blow dude.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    jj you doing some real good blow dude.

LOL...Spurs are the truth...but they don't any part of Durant...this year...

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Ibaka was why Spurs lost. also that little black guy

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    Ibaka was why Spurs lost. also that little black guy
    This ain't the NHL...have to be more specific.

First 12