LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Miami Dolphins +4.5 over Carolina Sunday

Now, don’t get me wrong, the Panthers are definitely the better team here. However, they just played their Super Bowl vs. the Patriots Monday night in a game where many thought they needed to validate their winning streak, and they are now playing a second straight non-conference game, this time on short rest. For all of the distractions surrounding the Dolphins, they have continued to play well at home where they have cooled off Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton in their last two wins and their defensive line could apply pressure on Newton as Miami has 30 sacks. Getting 4.5 at home in a letdown spot for Carolina seems nice to me.

YTD: 48-37-1, +9.13

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

fading the public as well

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

will cam be allowed to hit the strip club on saturday??

last time he was in Miami he made it rain in the club and spent 100K
    in 1 night

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

understand the play but man the adv that panthers have in the trenches on both sides is too much for me to play phins.. last week was easy to play mia cause well sd didnt have the horses to exploit a oline down 3 guys, clearly panthers do.. i dunno, like i said i get it and im not playing panthers but hard to back a team that will be out rushed by 100 yards probably..

wizard1183
    wizard1183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Panthers have won SU and ATS their last 6 straight. That should be an incentive to say its time they drop a game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

panthers win this game for sure

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183 View Post
    Panthers have won SU and ATS their last 6 straight. That should be an incentive to say its time they drop a game.
    Ya because if you flip a coin 20 times and it comes up heads every time then odds are the 21st time will be tails.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I always get a kick out of these just played their SuperBowl and trap games angles... Not saying they aren't always true. Just don't believe in them with my money. The Dolphins beat a fraud Chargers team and are not that good either. Still like the Panthers and the points ;-)

here's my thread with four other picks... ENJOY! <3
    Geno's Picks for Week 12 going with TB +8, NYG -2.5, DENVER -2.5, & SF -5.5

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami's a very strange team
    Definitely no slouch
    Would anybody really be surprised if Miami wins?

You mad bro

why do u make another thread about a football play aside from your nfl weekly thread?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    why do u make another thread about a football play aside from your nfl weekly thread?
    Subforum just lists plays. Sometimes I make threads like this one with analysis on some games.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Subforum just lists plays. Sometimes I make threads like this one with analysis on some games.
    just curious thanks

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Ya because if you flip a coin 20 times and it comes up heads every time then odds are the 21st time will be tails.
    No it's not. Odds would still be 50/50. The fact that it flipped heads 20 times in a row is irrelevant.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    dont give LT a hard time.

he is a solid contributor. And he actually gets paid by SBR now too.

JJ and I have been in talks with Walker to negotiate
    a signing bonuse for me as a paid poster as well.

supercam1
    supercam1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Now, don’t get me wrong, the Panthers are definitely the better team here. However, they just played their Super Bowl vs. the Patriots Monday night in a game where many thought they needed to validate their winning streak, and they are now playing a second straight non-conference game, this time on short rest. For all of the distractions surrounding the Dolphins, they have continued to play well at home where they have cooled off Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton in their last two wins and their defensive line could apply pressure on Newton as Miami has 30 sacks. Getting 4.5 at home in a letdown spot for Carolina seems nice to me.

YTD: 48-37-1, +9.13
    You make a good point, but I have to disagree. Try not to perceive this as me being a homer but, the panthers have something to prove every week and they know that. Here's why I think your wrong, the panthers have already gone through that "letdown" phase, it was when they lost to buffalo and arizona. The saints just beat atlanta to put the panthers 2 games back in the divisions and the panthers are in a very close playoff hunt with 5 other NFC teams. Every game is a statement game and the team knows that that.

No disrespect to Andy Dalton or Phillip Rivers, but they're no Cam Newton. The athleticism he showed Monday night against the Pats proved that he is an elite quarterback in the NFL. I honestly believe the panther's will win out the season with the exception of a 1-1 split to the saints. That being said, I think this game will be close but the panthers should get the W. Final Score: Panthers 24 - Dolphins 17

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    dont give LT a hard time.
    I don't think he was, seemed like a fair question.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bet the Panthers ML. They are not losing to Miami after the Saints beat the Falcons last night. Miami is a mess right now. The offensive line is in shambles. The quarterback play is subpar. The kicking game is nonexistent. The coaching is abysmal.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The offensive line is in shambles. The quarterback play is subpar. The kicking game is nonexistent. The coaching is abysmal.
    Other than that though, they are top notch.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Other than that though, they are top notch.
    plus 1

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    No it's not. Odds would still be 50/50. The fact that it flipped heads 20 times in a row is irrelevant.
    It was a joke steelrain. I'm well aware of these types of things.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Under

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Bet the Panthers ML. They are not losing to Miami after the Saints beat the Falcons last night. Miami is a mess right now. The offensive line is in shambles. The quarterback play is subpar. The kicking game is nonexistent. The coaching is abysmal.
    Same thing people said when they were playing the Chargers.

None of that stuff matters. Newton won't look anything like MNF vs Pats.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Miami +4.5 is my favorite play tomorrow. Carolina is new at this consistent winning thing and still needs to prove they can get up for a middle of the road non conference team on the road. Additionally, the Dolphins line appears to be holding up minus Richie and the Panthers are without Charles Johnson tomorrow (this is huge). Dolphins are in the playoff hunt and playing with passion against a team that just faced the Niners and Pats and like thread starter said, this is a short week. Im taking 4.5 all day. This game should be close. Wont be surprised if Dolphins win straight up.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Same thing people said when they were playing the Chargers.

None of that stuff matters. Newton won't look anything like MNF vs Pats.
    they were a easy play against the chargers, sd doesnt have the horses up front to disrupt a high school oline..Cam wont have to look anything like he did on mon night, they will own the los on both sides of the ball, phins cant run or stop the run. cam doesnt have to be great.. phins could very well cover but i dont buy them winning this gm at all..

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Like the Fish + the points. Car coming off 2 big games and Johnson is out. See a 3 point game either way.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    they were a easy play against the chargers, sd doesnt have the horses up front to disrupt a high school oline..Cam wont have to look anything like he did on mon night, they will own the los on both sides of the ball, phins cant run or stop the run. cam doesnt have to be great.. phins could very well cover but i dont buy them winning this gm at all..
    Charles Johnson is out. Phins will chip Hardy with a TE.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Charles Johnson is out. Phins will chip Hardy with a TE.
    panthers have a bunch of beast in that front 4..

Bmoredd
    Bmoredd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6021

One of the old clichés applies here. "Win on Monday and lose on Sunday", I am definetly grabbing the 4.5 points

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chargers defense is atrocious, and they have literally no secondary, I completely agree with 'Bank. Miami did not look good at all, Chargers had a turnover against Miami that would have prevented a TD- called back because a fickle roughing the passer penalty. If anyone watched the highlights from that game SD could not tackle to save their lives, this Carolina defense is stout and one of the best in the league. Furthermore Carolina converts 3rd downs and sustains drives, I don't see how Carolina loses this straight up, I don't like taking -4.5 on the road as you never know with penalties like I suggested previously (just my personal preference), but I do think the ML will hit. Carolina has averaged close to 27 points, and I think they will score over 20 again while holding Miami to less than such.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 11-24-13 at 01:45 AM.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by supercam1 View Post
    You make a good point, but I have to disagree. Try not to perceive this as me being a homer but, the panthers have something to prove every week and they know that. Here's why I think your wrong, the panthers have already gone through that "letdown" phase, it was when they lost to buffalo and arizona. The saints just beat atlanta to put the panthers 2 games back in the divisions and the panthers are in a very close playoff hunt with 5 other NFC teams. Every game is a statement game and the team knows that that.

No disrespect to Andy Dalton or Phillip Rivers, but they're no Cam Newton. The athleticism he showed Monday night against the Pats proved that he is an elite quarterback in the NFL. I honestly believe the panther's will win out the season with the exception of a 1-1 split to the saints. That being said, I think this game will be close but the panthers should get the W. Final Score: Panthers 24 - Dolphins 17
    sorry to post off question in your post bro but noticed this and just had to mention i cant believe how sh*t the nfl is with its scheduling probably happens more than even i notice but its pathetic to think the saints and panthers will play twice in 3 weeks! remember noticing in the nfc north last year the vikes and packers played 2 in 3 weeks i believe, woulda thought it needs sorting surely you play early then finish in divison....

like the panthers to cover, miami is a mess

bystrow
    bystrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8223

Actually I like Miami plus the points too. Dont get me wrong, I think Miami is not a good football team, but they are underestimated at home. I liked them last week against my chargers and I think they will stay within a field goal and probably win this game outright.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Quote Originally Posted by bystrow View Post
    Actually I like Miami plus the points too. Dont get me wrong, I think Miami is not a good football team, but they are underestimated at home. I liked them last week against my chargers and I think they will stay within a field goal and probably win this game outright.
    And why exactly will this be a FG game? See, this is funny. You see people saying that Miami will keep it close yada yada, but what exactly is the reasoning?
    There's not many angles pointing to a close game let alone Miami winning SU. I'm curious to read your reasoning.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    And why exactly will this be a FG game? See, this is funny. You see people saying that Miami will keep it close yada yada, but what exactly is the reasoning?
    There's not many angles pointing to a close game let alone Miami winning SU. I'm curious to read your reasoning.
    I would say because Mia has a pretty good D, at Home, and playing a game with playoff implications. Sure Car is on a roll, but sometimes you let down after 2 big wins in the last 2. Believe the line should be around 3, so I am grabbing the 4.5.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Pretty good D?

Miami rush D ranked 21st
    Miami pass D ranked 18th

Carolina rush D ranked 3rd
    Carolina pass D ranked 4th

I'm not betting this game, but gun to my head I would rather go with Carolina. Either way gl to all.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Pretty good D?

Miami rush D ranked 21st
    Miami pass D ranked 18th

Carolina rush D ranked 3rd
    Carolina pass D ranked 4th

I'm not betting this game, but gun to my head I would rather go with Carolina. Either way gl to all.
    Thought MIA was ranked a bit higher than that on D. But valid point. Still I think the line is inflated somewhat and I will take my chances with the 4.5.

12 Last