daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If you're the Falcons, do you go for it on 4th or kick a fg

Down by 4, 2:30 left in the game...4th down and 15 I think, do you go for it or attempt a 52 yard fg and try to stop Brees and get the ball back?

Falcons had two time outs left.

Thought the move was curious

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

to be honest I had saints teased down so that fg wouldve buried me....however with such a great kicker (in all sincerity)..I think they made the right choice

saints couldn't move the ball in the 2h and kept doing dumb shit on 3rd downs during the whole game anyway

you expect Bryant to make that fg and another possible 50yarder with seconds left over the chances of picking up 4th and 15....

on the flip side if falcons get yards on 3rd down and make it 4th and less than 8..I would say go for it because it'll be much more reasonable to make that shortened 4th down conversion

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I would have gone for it.

The problem is that the Falcons O-Line is awful so it made it one of the most difficult choices in football I have seen.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

What is a FG gonna do for you? You basically have to hope that your defense holds Brees to a maximum of 1 first down. You're gonna put the game on your defense in crunch time? I'd rather put the game in Matt Ryan's hands all day than ATLs D.

Some coaches are just not good. This guy is one of them.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Atlanta had all three time outs left.

I'm gonna guess going for it is the smarter play, but your pretty fukked at that point.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

going for 4th at 15yard with 2+ mins left is a sign of desperation, so fg was the right call especially for a great fg kicker in a dome. Sean payton is just a beast coach to called that timeout to freeze kicker.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11600

It was 4th and 15, not 4th and 5. They have a good kicker. Let's say they make that FG (more likely than making 4th & 15) and then make a touchback. Over 2 minutes and down a point and Saints have to burn the time.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Go for it, easy decision.....For the simple reason that you cannot trust your shitty defense to hold the Saints offense to a 3 and out.....Also as we saw, a 52 yard fg is far from automatic

Don't really see how this is debatable

If you had a great defense and were playing against a bad/conservative offense then I get it....but Falcons D vs Saints O???