Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

CINCINNATI at HOUSTON

Anyone care to share some insights on this game? Houston -3.5

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

God, if this wasn't the hardest one to cap in the AAC. If I HAD TO, I would go with Cincy. They have the most to play for and Houston has no shot at the AAC title now. Cincy has to win here and hope UCF loses to get the BCS bid. Plus, John O'Korn has been struggling lately and Cincy's defense ain't a bunch of slouches. Cincy over the demoralized Coogs SU.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Cincy is 19th in passing and Houston is 104th in pass D. That's all I have.

ajcobb22

I think Greenberry for Houston will be out too. If that is the case, this becomes an easy Cincy pick. O'Korn NEEDS Greenberry to have any shot at scoring.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    I think Greenberry for Houston will be out too. If that is the case, this becomes an easy Cincy pick. O'Korn NEEDS Greenberry to have any shot at scoring.
    I hadn't seen this. That is huge if he can't play and makes Cincy a no-brainer. That's something to keep a close eye on.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

respect both programs....VERY hard to call IMO....that injury might point you in that direction however...I just cant get the Natti Loss @ Ill outta my head when im about to make the bet....gonna stay away

cmoney11
    cmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1269

Honestly I'd stay away from this because it could really go either way. There are better games this weekend in my opinion.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    respect both programs....VERY hard to call IMO....that injury might point you in that direction however...I just cant get the Natti Loss @ Ill outta my head when im about to make the bet....gonna stay away
    I did not put a lot of effort into my due diligence on this game, as I watched that Illinois game, as well as the South Florida game, both losses for Cincinnati, and with the game being played in Houston, and Houston actually playing good games in there last two losses I just felt it was a no brainer to run with Houston. Hopefully my laziness in not looking further into this game is not going to come back to haunt me, since I have Houston -3 and +3 on two parlay plays.

Mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

i like houston to win by double digits.... especially at home

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    i like houston to win by double digits.... especially at home
    Sure would be awesome if you were correct!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

haha Hous at home is a tough team...tough call IMO.....Was on Hous last game + points...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I did not put a lot of effort into my due diligence on this game, as I watched that Illinois game, as well as the South Florida game, both losses for Cincinnati, and with the game being played in Houston, and Houston actually playing good games in there last two losses I just felt it was a no brainer to run with Houston. Hopefully my laziness in not looking further into this game is not going to come back to haunt me, since I have Houston -3 and +3 on two parlay plays.

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

houston has covered in everygame but 1 this season. houston all day

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I had this game @ Houston -7.

Fan of Cougars, but this is a no play (so far) for me until I can get something concrete on Greenberry status.

For those unaware , (WR) Greenberry left the Houston/Louisville game with a head injury in the first drive.

Urban, you should be safe with Houston -3, which should reflect potential abscence of Greenberry. I'm still tempted to take Cougars, but -3 juiced to over - 120, now. Will watch line movement, and status.

Cougs were fine without him on the road against a much tougher Louisville team. Cougs sacked Bridgewater 3 times last week, strong at home. Cougs should be excited to return home after two brutal road games against UCF and Louisville. Covered both, had a chance to win both, late. Guys show no respect when talking about Houston D but they gave up an average 19.5 ppg against not only two very good teams , but on the road to boot.

I do not trust this Bearcat team. A horrific USF team has two wins, one against Bearcats and the other vs a winless Uconn. Wow.

I went real big on Houston last week +16, +16 1/2 and + 17. Did a write-up on that game and mentioned I was also placing a small wager on Cougs ML + 515. Still wondering what might have been if Greenberry played that game vs only first drive. I believe he was/is ranked # 10 receiver in country and usually good for one TD.

Good luck with your play...

ajcobb22

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    houston has covered in everygame but 1 this season. houston all day
    True, but what reason does Houston really have to go balls out here? They are out of AAC championship contention and are probably headed to the Belk Bowl or something regardless. Cincy HAS to win this game to set up a big game with Louisville at home and also to hope my Knights falter.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Cincinnati has a very slim chance of winning the AAC. Even is UCF slips (which will not happen), and the two teams end up in a tie, the tie breaker rules go to UCF. UCF's non-con loss was to South Carolina. Cincy's loss was to Illinois. They do not play each other. Now who wins that vote?

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Cincinnati has a very slim chance of winning the AAC. Even is UCF slips (which will not happen), and the two teams end up in a tie, the tie breaker rules go to UCF. UCF's non-con loss was to South Carolina. Cincy's loss was to Illinois. They do not play each other. Now who wins that vote?
    Big daddy cinci ain't in the acc

Urbanwildlife

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-19-13 at 02:08 PM.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

• Betting on teams that allegedly are *due* or *have to win* is a good way to lose money.
    • Blindly backing a Tuberville-coached team is an excellent way to lose money

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cmoney11

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    Big daddy cinci ain't in the acc
    You're right, but they are in the AAC, which is what he stated.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    • Betting on teams that allegedly are *due* or *have to win* is a good way to lose money.
    • Blindly backing a Tuberville-coached team is an excellent way to lose money
    Excellent post.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Excellent post.
    Not really, but I a appreciate your kind words.

According to the local fish-wrap, there will be an update on Greenberry after today's practice.

My opinion: With or without him, Cougar High will cover the spread.

Urbanwildlife

and I will be the happiest person in the world, as this game really has me nervous for the error in judgement I made for not doing more due diligence before putting my hard earned money out there on this play.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

and I will be the happiest person in the world, as this game really has me nervous for the error in judgement I made for not doing more due diligence before putting my hard earned money out there on this play.
    To me, it's not that big of a deal. Yes, he is an excellent receiver, but UH has a stable of excellent receivers. Given the fact that the #2 is getting first-team reps this week is going to make it a non-event. If anything, it will cause Cincy to have more problems than UH... who's going to be the new #1?

Should Greenberry be declared ready to go, the line is going to move... better to play them @ -3 when (in my opinion) they don't really need him as opposed to wanting to get more down, but having to lay more points.

Urbanwildlife

Cannot argue with you when you are having the success you are, and your information is common sense in nature.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Greenberry now probable.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Greenberry now probable.
    Thank you!

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Books finally showing Houston some respect here... Probably means they fail to cover for the first time in ages.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Houston ML

illinois beat Cincinnati and illinois hasnt won a big 10 game in 2 years

that should tell you all you need to know

cincy is garbage

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Urban, while I wouldn't bet too much on this game (no confidence in this conference) I do think UH wins this by 6-7 points.

Unlike Cincy, UH has actually played the "hard" teams in the AAC (UCF & Louisville). Cincy has yet to play Lville and won't play UCF this year.
    Cincy W/L record very inflated as they've beaten the scrubs (UConn, Temple, S Florida, Miami Ohio, barely beating SMU..).

To put both team's strength of schedule in context...
    UH hung with a solid BYU team (L 46-47). That same BYU team hung with Wisconsin (Lost 27-17) in Madison.
    The only decent team Cincy has played was Illinois and they got beat 45-17. UH much more talented team.

Urbanwildlife

Very very very much appreciated my friend!