Okst.BIGPLAYS
    Okst.BIGPLAYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

YOU CANT TOUCH A PLAYER AFTER 5 YARDS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! Right out of the NFL rule book, It was a botched call rigged or not. Next game plz

ILLEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS
    Article 2
    Illegal Contact Within Five Yards
    Within the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the
    pocket with the ball, a defender may not make original contact in the back of a receiver, nor may he maintain contact after
    the receiver has moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.
    ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
    Article 3
    Illegal Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone.
    Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in
    the pocket with the ball, a defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending
    contact caused by a receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot initiate contact tha
    t
    redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way.
    INCIDENTAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
    Article 4
    Incidental Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone.
    Beyond the five-yard zone, incidental contact may exist between
    receiver and defender as long as it does not materially affect or significantly impede the receiver, creating a distinct
    advantage.
    Penalty: For illegal contact by the defense: Loss of five yards and automatic first down.
    Last edited by Okst.BIGPLAYS; 11-19-13 at 12:04 AM.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Okst.BIGPLAYS View Post
    YOU CANT TOUCH A PLAYER AFTER 5 YARDS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! Right out of the NFL rule book, It was a botched call rigged or not.

ILLEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS
    Article 2
    Illegal Contact Within Five Yards
    Within the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the
    pocket with the ball, a defender may not make original contact in the back of a receiver, nor may he maintain contact after
    the receiver has moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.
    ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
    Article 3
    Illegal Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone.
    Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in
    the pocket with the ball, a defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending
    contact caused by a receiver. If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot initiate contact tha
    t
    redirects, restricts, or impedes the receiver in any way.
    INCIDENTAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
    Article 4
    Incidental Contact Beyond Five-Yard Zone.
    Beyond the five-yard zone, incidental contact may exist between
    receiver and defender as long as it does not materially affect or significantly impede the receiver, creating a distinct
    advantage.
    Penalty: For illegal contact by the defense: Loss of five yards and automatic first down.
    cannot believe how many people getting this wrong. ILLEGAL CONTACT CEASES TO EXIST ONCE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR!!!

Okst.BIGPLAYS

My bad was this the call...

Article 6 Defensive Holding
    It is defensive holding if a player grasps an eligible offensive player (or his jersey) with his
    hands, or extends an arm or arms to cut off or encircle him. See 12-1-

Okst.BIGPLAYS

Good words NFL rule book...HAHA encircle him

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Okst.BIGPLAYS View Post
    My bad was this the call...

Article 6 Defensive Holding
    It is defensive holding if a player grasps an eligible offensive player (or his jersey) with his
    hands, or extends an arm or arms to cut off or encircle him. See 12-1-
    same deal. ball in air it's either PI or nothing.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

No coin did the nfl gift wrap the steelers the superbowl over the seahawks?

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

lol, it's a ref conspiracy but you ignore all the other situations in the game that either screwed one team or helped the other and would've been much more seamless ways to decide the game a certain way.

You should all watch this video about conspiracy theories and maybe think about it for a half second:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgSbaKpCjq4#t=64

I'll even type it out for you.

"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy, or the grey aliens, or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension* that are in control.

The truth is far more frightening. Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

*OR THE NFL REFEREES
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: freakydave

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Was that or was that not defensive holding? Serious question. I know you had a big bet on Carolina and the under so of course you're biased, but pretend you didn't for a minute.

I never said "everything is a conspiracy." We're talking about this particular game and this particular play.
    Defensive holding can only be called before the ball is thrown. So no, it wasn't defensive holding.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

Alright, I'm done defending the Pats and Gronk. Hate them both. They normally get every call in the world. It was just funny -- and ironic -- that, as a public dog, they magically didn't get this one.
    Really? They "normally get every call in the world"? Do ya have any idea how they lost to the Jets a couple weeks ago? I don't think the Patriots are all that great this year but they could easily be 9-1. Two of their losses came on VERY questionable calls, to say the least.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Was PI. Was catchable. He pushed gronk a couple yards and stopped him from coming back to the ball.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    OK so you disagree. Fine. I don't feel like arguing about it.

The ending had nothing to do with the line. Panthers backers are fortunate right now.
    Keep telling yourself that buddy and thats why you continually are a losing gambler. Maybe if you started looking at things without a nieve perspective you might start winning more games then you lose

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Was PI. Was catchable. He pushed gronk a couple yards and stopped him from coming back to the ball.
    This.

If you look at where the defender started engaging Gronk illegally it was the same distance into the end zone as where the ball ended up getting intercepted. Really just a moron play by the LB, he never turned around and just grabbed Gronk and hugged him for 6-7 yds. through the end zone and since the ball was in the air, as has been tossed back and forth above, PI is the call, period. Feking refs should have stood by the call they originally made and we would have had 1 play from the 1 yd. line to decide the game. Basically a 50/50 play to have a winner. Totally blown call by the refs.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Really? They "normally get every call in the world"? Do ya have any idea how they lost to the Jets a couple weeks ago? I don't think the Patriots are all that great this year but they could easily be 9-1. Two of their losses came on VERY questionable calls, to say the least.
    That game against the Jets they were the biggest public favorite on the day. Refs love the pats as long as they are not a public dog or a huge public favorite. I hate the pats but watching the nfl this year is gross. Over the years youve seen a little here and there but this year its so ridiculous. They want ratings and money and they will fix whatever they have to do to get both. Concussion lawsuit must of hurt their pockets alot more then they were letting on

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

if it was a conspiracy they don't even throw a flag. game over, no call

gcd8
    Update your status
    gcd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

i hate when refs decide games if u throw the flag then don't change ur mind about the call, same kind of stuff happens in nba which is bs the ref will wait to see if player makes basket if he does no foul if he misses foul or when a player goes over the back and the ball goes out of bounds even though it could go off the team that was fouled they will give them the ball instead of calling a foul

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    That game against the Jets they were the biggest public favorite on the day. Refs love the pats as long as they are not a public dog or a huge public favorite. I hate the pats but watching the nfl this year is gross. Over the years youve seen a little here and there but this year its so ridiculous. They want ratings and money and they will fix whatever they have to do to get both. Concussion lawsuit must of hurt their pockets alot more then they were letting on
    You are so unbelievable stupid. But don't let a little thing like 'facts' f*ck up your argument.

Concussion lawsuit cost them 765 million. Gee, that sounds like an awful lot of money, must've really hurt their pockets right? Wrong.

Forbes estimates that the NFL will receive $7 billion per year in media rights from 2014 through 2022. The NFL plans on building its yearly total revenue to $25 billion over the next 15 years. That means $765 million is barely a drop in the bucket, especially when you get to how the money will be paid out.

And the refs love the Pats except when they are a public dog or public favorite? Do you even read what you write?

"OMG did you hear the public is big on the Pats today? We better screw them, cuz somehow risking the entire leagues credibility to screw over the small percentage of fans gambling on this game helps us get ratings and money!"

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have EVER wondered about the NFL being completely on the level
    The thing about this statement, as it relates to questionable calls, is that the only ones that ever really get scrutinized after the fact as game-changers are the ones that happen at the end of games. However, the reality of the situation is that bad calls happen all the time from the first drive of the game to the last, and over the aggregate, there's naturally going to be some balance to it.

So I don't get excited about these things, and never cry conspiracy. It's just not worth the aggravation to worry about it.

OMGChoGath
    OMGChoGath's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a huge Carolina Panthers fan and I admit the call was fishy.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    You are so unbelievable stupid. But don't let a little thing like 'facts' f*ck up your argument.

Concussion lawsuit cost them 765 million. Gee, that sounds like an awful lot of money, must've really hurt their pockets right? Wrong.

Forbes estimates that the NFL will receive $7 billion per year in media rights from 2014 through 2022. The NFL plans on building its yearly total revenue to $25 billion over the next 15 years. That means $765 million is barely a drop in the bucket, especially when you get to how the money will be paid out.

And the refs love the Pats except when they are a public dog or public favorite? Do you even read what you write?

"OMG did you hear the public is big on the Pats today? We better screw them, cuz somehow risking the entire leagues credibility to screw over the small percentage of fans gambling on this game helps us get ratings and money!"
    First off I didnt say 100 percent the concussion lawsuit hurt them I said it might have. Second off if you think a small percentage of people bet on the nfl youre nuts. All sports is a money business, no matter what dollar amount it is its never enough in business. Ratings help that nice little media rights money they make so you dont think thats important? At this point I'm not really sure why i bothered to respond to this because your initial reaction was typical. Dont ever think outside the box and just believe as much as you want in thinking that sports arent rigged. But heres a nice question for you to find the answer to. Find me the last time the top 3 teams that the public was betting their spread won on a Sunday. Find me that date. Hell youll probably have a hard time finding the last time the top 2. You wont find this information though youll just go along sucking your thumb thinking everything in the world is legit and whatever people spoon feed you is true you fu.cking loser

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Rigged for sure. I've always said this throwing the flag, huddling up and then saying "No flag on the play" is the NFL's way of having 100% control of the outcome of the game. You can throw a flag on every play and decide to call something if a pass is completed or not. If a ref throws a flag some kind of call should be made, he threw the flag for a reason. Refs shouldn't be allowed to group up and "talk through" a play because its up to the ref that threw the flag to make the call, if anything the ref that threw the flag should be separated from the rest and given 1 mins to decide what the call is, not grouping up and "talking", this is nonsense. Score ended right on the total covered for the books on Carolina too, so fixed, everything in the books favor.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 11-19-13 at 02:34 AM.

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

YOU are clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    first off i didnt say 100 percent the concussion lawsuit hurt them i said it might have. Second off if you think a small percentage of people bet on the nfl youre nuts. All sports is a money business, no matter what dollar amount it is its never enough in business. Ratings help that nice little media rights money they make so you dont think thats important? At this point i'm not really sure why i bothered to respond to this because your initial reaction was typical. Dont ever think outside the box and just believe as much as you want in thinking that sports arent rigged. But heres a nice question for you to find the answer to. Find me the last time the top 3 teams that the public was betting their spread won on a sunday. Find me that date. Hell youll probably have a hard time finding the last time the top 2. You wont find this information though youll just go along sucking your thumb thinking everything in the world is legit and whatever people spoon feed you is true you fu.cking loser

Amen!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is holding/pass interference on every play

why?

Because players are so used to the refs controlling the game that they know they have a 50% chance of getting away with it..

This is the very reason why the WR's try to entice refs to throw a flag on every unsuccessful play.........
    Points Awarded:

freakydave gave PAULYPOKER 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    Makes no sense
    If it was fixed why throw the flag in the first place and pats also got a pi call 2 plays before.
    Bunch of sore losing clueless stains in this thread including Nocoin who without a doubt lost a bet on this game even though he's retired.
    It was a good no-call. Gronk had zero chance to catch the ball. You're not getting a flag in that spot to basically win the game. Get real.
    You fuks have been gambling since you were born and still don't know the basics.
    You're NEVER getting flags when the QB is just tossing a last second pass into the end zone unless it's on a route inside the 10.
    The ref who threw the flag was the one who fukked up here.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

College guys, college... It's the way to go.. I don't even bet nfl anymore unless it's really obvious to me.. Ala Colts Denver over 50 something... Jags +something on Seattle

Noleafclover

Sorry but if you make 30k a year, 3k is a lot of money, even if it's paid out over time. I'll assume you make about that and won't mind shipping me that along with your tax return to prove me wrong?

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
    If you look at where the defender started engaging Gronk illegally it was the same distance into the end zone as where the ball ended up getting intercepted.
    Exactly what I'm saying, and I don't see how people don't see it the same way. He pushed him at least 5 yards, and in that time Gronk could reverse direction and move farther than that. He could have ended up several yards in front of where the ball was picked, with his height and a dive. Don't see how it can't be considered a blown call.

Not saying "the fix is in," because like people have said, if it was fixed it wouldn't come down to the last play. The game that kind of made me think things might be fixed was Car/SF, had to be over 150 yards of penalties on offenses in that game (the over was the big side).

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i
    Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    of course nfl has lots of shady calls, so does nba
    i will still bet it, but not much money
    if patriots were realistic in assessing their defensive performance they wouldn't have settled for a field goal the drive before, that's where they messed up
    i blame bellicheck
    i agree with no coincidences, that should have been a penalty on the last play.

And i agree with you about the Patriots last drive...

WTF was that shit?????? 3rd and 1 and the Patriots throw it out of the back of the endzone?????

why? why not run it on 3rd and 1 and if u dont get it run it again on 4th and 1?????

game was so fukkin rigged. You guys realize the live line was Panthers -185 when the Panthers were down
    20-17 and they were on the like the 35 yard line with 2nd and 9 with under 2 minutes left???

it was the like the books knew the Panthers were not going to kick a field goal, they knew they would get the TD

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying, and I don't see how people don't see it the same way. He pushed him at least 5 yards, and in that time Gronk could reverse direction and move farther than that. He could have ended up several yards in front of where the ball was picked, with his height and a dive. Don't see how it can't be considered a blown call.

Not saying "the fix is in," because like people have said, if it was fixed it wouldn't come down to the last play. The game that kind of made me think things might be fixed was Car/SF, had to be over 150 yards of penalties on offenses in that game (the over was the big side).
    it most certainly would if it was fixed. they wanted to make it as dramatic as possible without allowing Pats to win.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    Rigged for sure. I've always said this throwing the flag, huddling up and then saying "No flag on the play" is the NFL's way of having 100% control of the outcome of the game. You can throw a flag on every play and decide to call something if a pass is completed or not. If a ref throws a flag some kind of call should be made, he threw the flag for a reason. Refs shouldn't be allowed to group up and "talk through" a play because its up to the ref that threw the flag to make the call, if anything the ref that threw the flag should be separated from the rest and given 1 mins to decide what the call is, not grouping up and "talking", this is nonsense. Score ended right on the total covered for the books on Carolina too, so fixed, everything in the books favor.
    smartest post ive seen in this whole thread.

100% convinced refs were trying to fukk the Patriots.

Anyway, moving on. But i will never take a public side in a prime time NFL game again.

Hell, i probably shouldnt even bet NFL at all. Maybe i will stick to College games.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    it most certainly would if it was fixed. they wanted to make it as dramatic as possible without allowing Pats to win.
    Do you even realize how hard it is to fix an NFL game at that point? The depth it would need to go. The # of people involved. Add up the salaries and endorsement deals of all the NFL players and coaches' salaries on the field. Now add up all the money lost on New England Patriots bets...it's not even close. The legitimacy of the NFL, it's players, and coaches are not worth the risk. To think only the refs were in on it and that they threw a flag for PI a few plays earlier for show is utterly asinine. I'm sure they added the extra second on the clock for the sake of the drama too

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

EL Nino,

i'm not saying it was fixed to " that degree" i'm not saying it was scripted

but the refs do have a major impact in the NFL.

they could call a penalty on almost every play if they wanted to.

The refs totally screwed the Patriots and i'm pretty sure they did it for a reason

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anyway i am going to try really hard to never bet on an NFL game again.

i know i can't quit gambling but i can atleast quit betting NFL

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    College guys, college... It's the way to go.. I don't even bet nfl anymore unless it's really obvious to me.. Ala Colts Denver over 50 something... Jags +something on Seattle
    NCAA is not immune to the rigging, fixing whatever you wanna call it.

First 1234 Last