Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I'm not gonna lie. I had the Patriots Team Total OVER 21.5. It hurts.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone crying fix is just a frustrated bettor

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nfl and nba nothing compared to the bullshit in MMA, that sport is insanely rigged

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    the professionals that had them arent crying i bet

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I didn't have a red cent on this game and it's the type of line where I would've absolutely hammered Carolina, given where it closed at Pinny vs. Bovada.

I'm speaking as someone who was just watching the game with no money involved, and someone who detests the Patriots. That was a penalty.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

JJ spot on. Guy nearly retires from betting now crying about officials. Coiner you are frustrated. Coiner, gronk needed a rocket up his ass to get to that ball. Uncatchable. You can find a questionable call in any sporting event.
    Points Awarded:

freakydave gave Nick Papageorgio 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I didn't have a red cent on this game and it's the type of line where I would've absolutely hammered Carolina, given where it closed at Pinny vs. Bovada.

I'm speaking as someone who was just watching the game with no money involved, and someone who detests the Patriots. That was a penalty.

Ok so it was a blown call. Can't it just be that?

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

No wonder you went broke if you are still allowed to bet at bovada.
    You probably have full limits at sia too right?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    JJ spot on. Guy nearly retires from betting now crying about officials. Coiner you are frustrated. Coiner, gronk needed a rocket up his ass to get to that ball. Uncatchable. You can find a questionable call in any sporting event.
    Frustrated about what? Why would I be frustrated that the Patriots lost? I hate that team.

If anything, I should be pissed that I wasn't on the "right side" with Carolina. This was completely my kind of game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    No wonder you went broke if you are still allowed to bet at bovada.
    You probably have full limits at sia too right?
    I went broke? Wow. I had no idea.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3515

Name:  1450723_540938865992012_1794273074_n.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  39.5 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, El Nino, and R.P. McMurphy

Nick Papageorgio

Coiner, frustrations. Thinking sports are rigged, trying to find a reason you have been losing. Blaming someone/thing other than yourself. We have all been there and will be there again at some point.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Coiner, frustrations. Thinking sports are rigged, trying to find a reason you have been losing. Blaming someone/thing other than yourself. We have all been there and will be there again at some point.
    A) I didn't have a dime on this game.
    B) Had a bad week last week, but I haven't been "losing." Far from it.
    C) Not all sports/games are rigged. Far from it. But when you see a huge Monday Night game with Pinnacle closing at +3 (+105) on New England as a public dog vs. +1 (-105) at a rec. book like Bovada, then an ending like that occurs, are you telling me it doesn't at least cross your mind that what transpired at the end there isn't a little peculiar?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I mean the guy threw the flag, u guys acting like nc crazy seemed to miss that small fact. True I needed the score for the over and I can see Holding instead of pi which then who knows, I'd rather flags didn't decide gms but that doesn't mean u can let that go when it was initially called right by the guy right on top of play, fix or not it was suspect, kinda funny cause w/o bs pats prob wouldn't have any rings..

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

coin if it makes you feel any better the books got middled on the spread game/2nd half and the total game/2nd half

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I mean the guy threw the flag, u guys acting like nc crazy seemed to miss that small fact. True I needed the score for the over and I can see Holding instead of pi which then who knows, I'd rather flags didn't decide gms but that doesn't mean u can let that go when it was initially called right by the guy right on top of play, fix or not it was suspect, kinda funny cause w/o bs pats prob wouldn't have any rings..
    Exactly.

They just magically picked up the flag, said there was no foul without an explanation and ran off the field. That doesn't seem a bit "off" to you guys?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Gronk's momentum carried him off the underthrown ball.....There was zero chance that wasn't being intercepted anyway, so the ends justify the means here

Also, a bogus PI a few plays earlier but no one wants to talk about that

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I had the Patriots Team Total OVER 21.5. It hurts.
    saer are you saying many of your other posts are lies?

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I dont think refs specifically make calls to affect spreads or outcome. If they do its isolated. But NFL refs have so much power...just like soccer ad NBA. As opposed to hockey where you barely notice officials.

Nick Papageorgio

Only play I saw live of the whole game, two things. If gronk has wings that would be catchable. Gronks own momentum was carrying him far out of the end zone before he was hugged. Throwing the flag may have been a " lets get it right and talk about it"type move by the officials to cover their ass and not blow the game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Exactly.

They just magically picked up the flag, said there was no foul without an explanation and ran off the field. That doesn't seem a bit "off" to you guys?
    They had to cut officials mic when Brady caught up to him.. I'm generally not in agreement w the pussy whiners wanting a flag, but again there was actually a flag, I'd like to know where it went also... Not sure why ppl wanna say it was uncatchable as it hard to tell when dude getting the business.. If it uncatchable it holding, pretty simple. Does that change outcome? I dunno, good chance no but at least it fair..

Prob just as likely it incompetents as fixed, actually more so but it so much easier for refs to decide gms now than ever w the leeway they get w player safety sham...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Only play I saw live of the whole game, two things. If gronk has wings that would be catchable. Gronks own momentum was carrying him far out of the end zone before he was hugged. Throwing the flag may have been a " lets get it right and talk about it"type move by the officials to cover their ass and not blow the game.
    I'm not saying Gronk would've caught that ball, necessarily, but he wasn't given a chance. His "own momentum was carrying him far out of the end zone" -- wow. Interesting take to say the least.

Alright, I'm done defending the Pats and Gronk. Hate them both. They normally get every call in the world. It was just funny -- and ironic -- that, as a public dog, they magically didn't get this one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    They had to cut officials mic when Brady caught up to him.. I'm generally not in agreement w the pussy whiners wanting a flag, but again there was actually a flag, I'd like to know where it went also... Not sure why ppl wanna say it was uncatchable as it hard to tell when dude getting the business.. If it uncatchable it holding, pretty simple. Does that change outcome? I dunno, good chance no but at least it fair..

Prob just as likely it incompetents as fixed, actually more so but it so much easier for refs to decide gms now than ever w the leeway they get w player safety sham...
    If they hadn't thrown the flag in the first place, it would've been controversial enough. To throw it, then pick it up, then just say "there was no foul on the play" and not offer any explanation before running off the field? Like I said, very interesting.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    Numbnuts he has to back the refs.
    Not true. When a ref makes a bad call, the league and the head of officials will call them out for it.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

It wasn't Dec pass intference it was defensive holding though....and game cannot end on a defensive penalty so Brady would've. Had another chance and in that respect..pats were robbed

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The game wasn't fixed.

Two simple points:

#1. If it was fixed, the game certainly wouldn't have come down to a last-second play.
    #2. If it was fixed, and the referees managed to somehow not have the Panthers cover the spread before the final play of the game, they certainly wouldn't have thrown a flag on the decisive play.

Hopefully now that I've explained it the best I can, calmer heads will prevail.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Not true. When a ref makes a bad call, the league and the head of officials will call them out for it.

• Jim Daopoulos@RefereeJimD 56m
      The pass was catchable..not illegal contact since ball was in the air...contact on 87 occurs prior to interception. It's a foul and called!

• Mike Pereira@MikePereira 55m
        My thoughts..Since the flag was thrown they should have stayed with the call. There was clear contact before the ball was intercepted. More.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Okst.BIGPLAYS

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    It wasn't Dec pass intference it was defensive holding though....and game cannot end on a defensive penalty so Brady would've. Had another chance and in that respect..pats were robbed
    defensive holding ceases to exist once the ball is in the air.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    There are things on record and off. NFL refs are probably pressued to lean or way or another. Like in the playoffs, when you hear "the refs are letting them play." etc.

but to think that this guy is swallowing the whistle to affect numbers in vegas is a bit paranoid. NFL refs get paid lots of money. they just do their job.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The game wasn't fixed.

Two simple points:

#1. If it was fixed, the game certainly wouldn't have come down to a last-second play.
    #2. If it was fixed, and the referees managed to somehow not have the Panthers cover the spread before the final play of the game, they certainly wouldn't have thrown a flag on the decisive play.

Hopefully now that I've explained it the best I can, calmer heads will prevail.
    El Gigante gets it.

If anything picking up the flag had more to do with calming the storm of crowd and controversy that would inevitably ensue.

Books lines being sharp in the nfl just makes it easy to add things up to conspiracy. Nothing to see here.

2daBank

Agree w pereira, no flag I prob tell Brady to stop whining and laugh. No idea how u pick it up tho, they outta go back and pick up that god awful tackling too hard penalty on sf while they at it if we picking up flags now..

again I'm not saying it fixed, very easy just stupidity, either way see too many gms that they manage to decide or influence the outcome more than they should.. Regardless of the reason it aggravating..

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I'll say what I always say when paranoid conspiracy freaks come in at the end of a crazy game and accuse the league of rigging the outcome: If the game was rigged, it would have never gotten to the point that it did. Patriots were the beneficiaries of an awful lot of calls prior to that play. The refs missed an obvious Patriot leg whip. They had 2 flags extend a scoring drive for them. Pass interference just 2 plays earlier. THOSE are the calls the Patriots would never have gotten if the game was rigged. A rigged game would NEVER have come down to the final play.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

That ball was thrown directly to the Carolina player. I don't see how Gronk has a chance to catch it. Miserable throw by Brady, if he even gets it somewhat near Gronk it is definitely PI.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    El Gigante gets it.

If anything picking up the flag had more to do with calming the storm of crowd and controversy that would inevitably ensue.

Books lines being sharp in the nfl just makes it easy to add things up to conspiracy. Nothing to see here.
    exactly. They're probably catching heat for all these FKING calls on the defense....like the many last night that sustained drives for Peyton Manning

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

If it was fixed the flag get shot out of the air before it hits the ground.

First 1234 Last