1. #71
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    dude come on.. smh.
    The man is correct....you must realize at some point that Kobe's scoring comes at the expense of "THE TEAM"...if they win, he gets the credit...if they loose...Meeks and Gasol get the blame....you can't have it both ways...either he is the MVP or the reason why the team lost...

  2. #72
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade shoot a better FG percentage than Bryant every year. Are they better than Bryant? LOL.

    James is 6'10 270 pounds idiot. He's the same size as some NBA centers.

    He should be shooting no less than 55% every season based on his size. 270 pounds. LOL. Name me 5 PFs that weigh 270. You're a fool. I don't like you Rat. Go crawl back to your sewer.
    Wade is better than Bryant...and would have just as many rings had he played with Shaq for the same number of years that Kobe did...and Parker is a better floor general....but the two should not be compared as Parker is a true 1...Kobe is a 2 who plays like a 1 so he can ball hog.....

    You are underselling James prowess in order to prop Kobe up...similar to what the gov't does to prop up a debt based economy...without real silver and gold to back it up.....nice try...but we ain't having it.....Lebron is a 3 who can play the 2 or the 4.....Lebron (& Wade for that matter) made the choice to shoot more efficiently..for the sake of team ball...Both players at one time in their careers were forced to score more when the situation called for it...and did so...for years...

    Kobe has made the choice in his career to be a volume scorer..despite being told not to...and despite what it does to the team chemistry..therefore deserves to face the criticism he gets because of it...and a lot of it came from his OWN COACH who wanted him to play more like Lebron.......who should we listen to...Phil jackson or You? I do agree that Kobe is far from being done....he was a jump shooter who scored a horrible field goal percentage before the injury....and will not come back an even worse jump shooter with an even worse field goal percentage after the injury...Finished? Hardly...he is just getting started....
    Last edited by Menses; 11-20-13 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #73
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,986
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade shoot a better FG percentage than Bryant every year. Are they better than Bryant? LOL.

    James is 6'10 270 pounds idiot. He's the same size as some NBA centers.

    He should be shooting no less than 55% every season based on his size. 270 pounds. LOL. Name me 5 PFs that weigh 270. You're a fool. I don't like you Rat. Go crawl back to your sewer.
    not that i agree with everything the other guey said but what does size have to do with him shooting 51% from 3?

    also its not like gueys just shoot 62% who take more than a few shots a game

    After shooting a career-high 56.5 percent last season, James has toyed with opponents in the early going, making a ridiculous 62.2 percent of his shots from the floor. For someone who shoots as often as he does, his conversion rate is almost unfair. Consider this: Of the 18 players who have fired at least as many field goal attempts as James has this season, only one has even shot more than 50 percent (Blake Griffin, 57.2 percent).
    ill maintain that jordan was the best player ever but if the heat keep winning and lebron keeps doing this for another few years that might get harder to argue....ill say lets see him do that first and then we can revisit it then

  4. #74
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Drink - talk to me if Bron can shoot over 40% from 3 for a full season. Let's see it. James is 270 pounds. Meaning it's way easier to score in the paint - or should be at least - when you're being guarded by SFs that weight fukkin 220. He's got 50 pounds on his opponents every single game, then you're wondering why he shoots 55%? Yeah the guy is the best player in the game and it's because of his physical dimensions not because of his midrange game or post game. It's because SFs are way too small for him and PFs are way too slow.


    Menses - time to button up. You're talking to the biggest D. Wade fan on earth right here. There's no athlete I've ever liked more in terms of the way they play the game. He is not on the level of Kobe Bryant. You will lose this argument to me everytime. don't even waste your time with your 3 page essay. I'm not interested. I already won.

  5. #75
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Drink - talk to me if Bron can shoot over 40% from 3 for a full season. Let's see it. James is 270 pounds. Meaning it's way easier to score in the paint - or should be at least - when you're being guarded by SFs that weight fukkin 220. He's got 50 pounds on his opponents every single game, then you're wondering why he shoots 55%? Yeah the guy is the best player in the game and it's because of his physical dimensions not because of his midrange game or post game. It's because SFs are way too small for him and PFs are way too slow.


    Menses - time to button up. You're talking to the biggest D. Wade fan on earth right here. There's no athlete I've ever liked more in terms of the way they play the game. He is not on the level of Kobe Bryant. You will lose this argument to me everytime. don't even waste your time with your 3 page essay. I'm not interested. I already won.
    Hey, I'm just going with efficiency...Kobe won 3 with Shaq and they couldn't stand each other...Wade won one with an older Shaq (Both were rigged by Refs however)...If Wade gets a younger Shaq, its 2 more.....Wade took less shots...Kobe took more....Wade played within the framework of the offense...Kobe did not...its a simple argument for me....Wade is a better playoff performer as well...

  6. #76
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Hey, I'm just going with efficiency...Kobe won 3 with Shaq and they couldn't stand each other...Wade won one with an older Shaq (Both were rigged by Refs however)...If Wade gets a younger Shaq, its 2 more.....Wade took less shots...Kobe took more....Wade played within the framework of the offense...Kobe did not...its a simple argument for me....Wade is a better playoff performer as well...
    Bryant won b2b rings with pau gasol and no one else. Enough said. Pau Gasol? LOL.

    Nothing more needs to be said. Bryant played an unreal finals series in 2010 against boston up til game 7, and even with a terrible shooting night in game 7 the guy pulled down 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds, for a shooting guard...

    Wade is more efficient because he's a slasher. Bryant's level of difficulty is unlike anyone in NBA history. Bryant has seen double teams for most of his life.

    Oh and by the way, the coach of the year (Mark Jackson) and one of the best coaches in the league right now called Kobe Bryant the best player in the history of the nba.

    I'm not gonna sit here and argue anymore about Bryant. If you don't recognize that he's an all time great - then you know nothing about basketball and you're not worth my time.

  7. #77
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    The true measure of how great a player is is this question: Who is it harder to gameplan for defensively...Kobe Bryant, or Dwayne Wade?

    No further questions.

    I win again. As always.

  8. #78
    boatofcapper177
    boatofcapper177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-13
    Posts: 48
    Betpoints: 60

    Wade > kobe, if you put wade in the lakers team with shaq, and them boys he would have 3peat if not better. If lebron was in the laker teams they prob. would 5 peats just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The true measure of how great a player is is this question: Who is it harder to gameplan for defensively...Kobe Bryant, or Dwayne Wade?

    No further questions.

    I win again. As always.

  9. #79
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,986
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Drink - talk to me if Bron can shoot over 40% from 3 for a full season. Let's see it. James is 270 pounds. Meaning it's way easier to score in the paint - or should be at least - when you're being guarded by SFs that weight fukkin 220. He's got 50 pounds on his opponents every single game, then you're wondering why he shoots 55%? Yeah the guy is the best player in the game and it's because of his physical dimensions not because of his midrange game or post game. It's because SFs are way too small for him and PFs are way too slow.


    He shot 41% from three last year

    So what are you talking about?

    No shit he's a physical specimen. He's also the most improved shooter in the league over the last two years by a mile.

  10. #80
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bryant won b2b rings with pau gasol and no one else. Enough said. Pau Gasol? LOL.

    Nothing more needs to be said. Bryant played an unreal finals series in 2010 against boston up til game 7, and even with a terrible shooting night in game 7 the guy pulled down 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds, for a shooting guard...

    Wade is more efficient because he's a slasher. Bryant's level of difficulty is unlike anyone in NBA history. Bryant has seen double teams for most of his life.

    Oh and by the way, the coach of the year (Mark Jackson) and one of the best coaches in the league right now called Kobe Bryant the best player in the history of the nba.

    I'm not gonna sit here and argue anymore about Bryant. If you don't recognize that he's an all time great - then you know nothing about basketball and you're not worth my time.
    lolol...Look I know he's your boy..and may very well be your "generational" player, meaning, he's your Jordan...a lot of guys who grew up in the 2000's watching the NBA believe he was the next best thing...and unfortunately, the media had a lot do with that...outside of the "81" pts thing.....but the conversation is now bordering on lunacy.....don't be a Kobe-tard and downplay the significance of Pau Gasol in....

    1. Saving the Franchise
    2. Saving Kobe's Legacy

    We have to remember, that Jerry begged Kobe to stay after Kobe realized he could not win without Shaq...ie "A DOMINANT FRONT COURT"...He was all set to leave for Chicago....until Mr West stepped in......Jerry West has denied to this day despite all evidence to the contrary that he had no part in helping facilitate the trade for Jerry Buss when he acquired Pau...from Memphis. The most dominant stretch 4/5 in basketball for 3 straight years....along with Bynum helped solidify the most dominant front court in basketball for that entire 3 years...with Odom..playing every position when he needed to.....

    Don't be one of those Kobe-tards who now downplay the significance of Shaq and Gasol in an attempt to once again enhance the legacy and greatness of Kobe because Lebron has exposed him for the "volume" scorer he is....I hope you are better than that.....No Shaq/Gasol = NO RINGS FOR KOBE.....

    Wade is efficient because he "chooses" to be......he could ball hog like Kobe if he wanted to...he has chosen NOT To.....ask Phil Jackson why this is important...

    I have no problem with Mark Jackson claiming Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA...he is more than entitled to that opinion....but I also have no problem saying....he is 150 percent wrong in his estimation....Kobe is in the Top 20....he is the greatest one dimensional player the game has ever seen.....he shoots into one on one coverage, regardless of how many bricks he shoots.

    He shoots over double teams, regadless of how many bricks...he shoots. He shoots over triple teams no matter how many bricks he shoots....40,45 percent...win or loose.....team or no team...he shoots, shooots, and shoots some more....
    Last edited by Menses; 11-20-13 at 07:13 PM.

  11. #81
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    k whatever you say menses. bryant is not top 20 lol. i grew up in the 90s. i watched every era of basketball before that as well and every one after it. you're ratz ghost. guaranteed. bryant has the most all nba first teams in history. most defensive first teams in history.

    you're lucky i spared a few moments to debate with you. you won't have the luxury of that honor any more.
    Points Awarded:

    lakerboy gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  12. #82
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post


    He shot 41% from three last year

    So what are you talking about?

    No shit he's a physical specimen. He's also the most improved shooter in the league over the last two years by a mile.
    I didn't know that. He is the most improved shooter, but he's not a knock-down shooter. Bro the facts are there. Pop dared him to shoot jumpers all nba finals and he bricked them all save for game 7. You think Pop would ever dare Kobe Bryant to shoot a jumper? lol.

    All you got out of my post was that he's a physical specimen? i'm explaining to you why he shoots such a high fg%. Westbrook is a physical specimen. So was D Wade in his prime and so are many other ballers.

    James shoots that percentage simply because of his weight. Go back to his earlier days bro. Obviously he's gotten much better as a play but you know why? It's because he tacked on like 30 pounds since he's come into the nba at 240.

    If you look back to those days, James is much slower now than he was then...

    It's not hard to post up a 220 pound guy when you're 270.

    If Durant put on 20 pounds he would be the most efficient player in NBA history. I guarantee it. He's a way better shooter than Bron and he's taller.

  13. #83
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    k whatever you say menses. bryant is not top 20 lol. i grew up in the 90s. i watched every era of basketball before that as well and every one after it. you're ratz ghost. guaranteed. bryant has the most all nba first teams in history. most defensive first teams in history.

    you're lucky i spared a few moments to debate with you. you won't have the luxury of that honor any more.
    If you grew up in the 90's and saw Jordan play, why would you be a fan of Kobe? he is the counterfeit 100 dollar bill to the Jordan original....you just have to hold it under the right light to see fraud....Most of his all defensive team selections were honorary selections....like celebrities who get honorary doctorates from ivy league schools, even though they dropped out of high school....

  14. #84
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I didn't know that. He is the most improved shooter, but he's not a knock-down shooter. Bro the facts are there. Pop dared him to shoot jumpers all nba finals and he bricked them all save for game 7. You think Pop would ever dare Kobe Bryant to shoot a jumper? lol.

    All you got out of my post was that he's a physical specimen? i'm explaining to you why he shoots such a high fg%. Westbrook is a physical specimen. So was D Wade in his prime and so are many other ballers.

    James shoots that percentage simply because of his weight. Go back to his earlier days bro. Obviously he's gotten much better as a play but you know why? It's because he tacked on like 30 pounds since he's come into the nba at 240.

    If you look back to those days, James is much slower now than he was then...

    It's not hard to post up a 220 pound guy when you're 270.

    If Durant put on 20 pounds he would be the most efficient player in NBA history. I guarantee it. He's a way better shooter than Bron and he's taller.
    "James shoots that percentage simply because of his weight "


    Does this mean big baby Davis could shoot 62 percent from the field?

  15. #85
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,986
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I didn't know that. He is the most improved shooter, but he's not a knock-down shooter. Bro the facts are there. Pop dared him to shoot jumpers all nba finals and he bricked them all save for game 7. You think Pop would ever dare Kobe Bryant to shoot a jumper? lol.

    All you got out of my post was that he's a physical specimen? i'm explaining to you why he shoots such a high fg%. Westbrook is a physical specimen. So was D Wade in his prime and so are many other ballers.

    James shoots that percentage simply because of his weight. Go back to his earlier days bro. Obviously he's gotten much better as a play but you know why? It's because he tacked on like 30 pounds since he's come into the nba at 240.

    If you look back to those days, James is much slower now than he was then...

    It's not hard to post up a 220 pound guy when you're 270.

    If Durant put on 20 pounds he would be the most efficient player in NBA history. I guarantee it. He's a way better shooter than Bron and he's taller.
    youre talking in nonsense hypotheticals

    so let durant go put on 20 pounds...why doesnt he?

    i mean youre basically making a comparable comment that if kareem was 6'2" he wouldnt be a hall of famer....totally fukking irrelevant


    you explained why he shoots a high fg% but you had no idea he shoots threes as well as he does

    end of conversation

    youre embarrassing yourself here

  16. #86
    Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-13
    Posts: 2,755
    Betpoints: 5815

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    youre talking in nonsense hypotheticals

    so let durant go put on 20 pounds...why doesnt he?

    i mean youre basically making a comparable comment that if kareem was 6'2" he wouldnt be a hall of famer....totally fukking irrelevant


    you explained why he shoots a high fg% but you had no idea he shoots threes as well as he does

    end of conversation

    youre embarrassing yourself here
    I think news of Kobe's return to the lakers has caused an outbreak of kobe-itis....i hear its quite prevalent this time of year...

  17. #87
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,446
    Betpoints: 13396

    I am actually excited to see Kobe back. I saw the fire in his eyes during that ESPN interview when they caught him during practice. I think he said his upper body is bigger now and his lower body obviously took some steps back but I wonder how hes going to play now. He's always been a good shooter but this should be interesting.

  18. #88
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 343,167
    Betpoints: 294

    Lebron is a lock and only loses if he gets hurt

    all around player

  19. #89
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    youre talking in nonsense hypotheticals

    so let durant go put on 20 pounds...why doesnt he?

    i mean youre basically making a comparable comment that if kareem was 6'2" he wouldnt be a hall of famer....totally fukking irrelevant


    you explained why he shoots a high fg% but you had no idea he shoots threes as well as he does

    end of conversation

    youre embarrassing yourself here
    Yeah, where was that 3 ball in the NBA finals in games 1-6 when Pop played 5 feet off him? Exactly. Reg. season doesn't mean shit if you don't carry that over to games that matter in pressure moments.

  20. #90
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    If you grew up in the 90's and saw Jordan play, why would you be a fan of Kobe? he is the counterfeit 100 dollar bill to the Jordan original....you just have to hold it under the right light to see fraud....Most of his all defensive team selections were honorary selections....like celebrities who get honorary doctorates from ivy league schools, even though they dropped out of high school....
    Because I'm a fan of the game of basketball. I like watching talent. Obviously Bryant modeled his game after Jordan. There's nothing wrong with that. And the thing is, no one else in history could model their game after Jordan. So far Bryant has been the only one able to do it. And I watched both play for their whole careers. Jordan is slightly better overall, but Bryant is better offensively in some areas.

    If you don't like Kobe Bryant's game, you're not a fan of the game of basketball. So what are you doing here in this thread?

  21. #91
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 23,154

    Stats show that Lebron is a better 3 pt shooter than Bryant. Out of 500 NBA players, how many would agree? 0. How many coaches would back off Lebron as a strategy in a pressure playoff moment and dare him to shoot? Maybe half of coaches. How many would do it for Bryant? 0. Zero.

    Do you understand what I'm getting at? Stats can sometimes be misleading.

  22. #92
    redtagboys
    redtagboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-12
    Posts: 189

    1. Lebron
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Paul George
    4. Kevin Love
    5. Kevin Durant

  23. #93
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,906
    Betpoints: 2560

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Stats show that Lebron is a better 3 pt shooter than Bryant. Out of 500 NBA players, how many would agree? 0. How many coaches would back off Lebron as a strategy in a pressure playoff moment and dare him to shoot? Maybe half of coaches. How many would do it for Bryant? 0. Zero.

    Do you understand what I'm getting at? Stats can sometimes be misleading.
    Really? I though Jodie Meeks was a better player than Kobe cause he shot a higher %, and therefore should be getting more shots per game than Kobe?


  24. #94
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,986
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah, where was that 3 ball in the NBA finals in games 1-6 when Pop played 5 feet off him? Exactly. Reg. season doesn't mean shit if you don't carry that over to games that matter in pressure moments.
    youre a fukkin idiot...game 7 wasnt a pressure moment?

    youre original comment was lets see him shoot 40% over a full year...he did

    end of story

    just admit you dont know half the shit you think you do and move on

  25. #95
    hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-12
    Posts: 1,995
    Betpoints: 947

    Saying that Kobe bryant won even with Pau Gasol is just wrong. Gasol was important in Lakers' championship success.

  26. #96
    High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's #1 Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 7,803
    Betpoints: 1672

    Any thread that generates this amount of discussion on a simple topic is quite the feat. Well done, seaweed.

  27. #97
    Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 1,738
    Betpoints: 540

    Anthony Davis

First 123
Top