innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Why is the most difficult way to score in football worth only 2 points?

At least make it 4 minimum. You see some very crazy miracle plays and Hail Mary's but a safety has to be the toughest way to score.

At less than 3 points the other team just needs to drive to around the 35 and kick a field goal to overcome this rare feat.

4 points would also make the punter one of the most important offensive players every game too.

What you think?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Sharp, I'd go with 4 or 5 points. Teams should be punished more for being taken down in their own endzone.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Make it 5. Then make the team that got sacked in the endzone go up to the other teams player and hand him the ball at midfield and say " thank you sir".

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

It is the only way to score that also rewards you with posession aswell

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is that fair? Team A goes for it on the 1 yard line on 4th down and doesn't get in, team b has ball on 1 yd line and can easily get a saftied there. Why should team A get more than a fg AND recieve the ball for not getting a td on 4th and 1

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInTheMist View Post
    How is that fair? Team A goes for it on the 1 yard line on 4th down and doesn't get in, team b has ball on 1 yd line and can easily get a saftied there. Why should team A get more than a fg AND recieve the ball for not getting a td on 4th and 1
    1st intelligent post I seen from you

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Making the punter one of the most important offensive players" is supposed to be a positive thing?

innovation

So you're telling me its easier to get the ball attached to a defender in the end zone then it is just you and the ball?

Nope you are wrong.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

weird ass game with weird ass rules and weird ass scoring

...that's all for now

innovation

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    "Making the punter one of the most important offensive players" is supposed to be a positive thing?

For teams like my cards who have offensive issues but excel on defense at home would be wise to draft a guy who can kill it inside the 5 at a high %.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

more importantly why do they allow ties in soccer?

iWin
    iWin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

I think you forgot they get possession so potentially a 10 point play with the 2-pt conversion.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    more importantly why do they allow ties in soccer?
    To understand the nature of ties in soccer, you first need to understand that a single match doesn’t necessarily determine anything by itself. For instance, in most soccer leagues in the world, an individual team is competing for more points overall than other teams in the league. Winning a single match doesn’t win you the season, but it does help tremendously in getting there. Winning a game gives a team 3 points while the losing team receives 0 points. A tie, however, gives each team a single point.

goals are not easy to come by and It is possible that two very tough teams will not score a goal in 90 minutes, and the amount of running the players do in a match makes it impossible to last for hours. It would be exhausting and dangerous for the players to continue to play at a high intensity for longer than they already do.

and no one wants to decide the game on penalty kicks unless it's required by the completion rules.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

How about this: Instead of kickoffs, the "receiving team" gets the ball at their 1 yard line. More safeties.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I agree with this 100%. I've always felt a safety should be an opponent TD. If I advance the ball into your end zone, I should get 6 points (plus an XP). Shouldn't matter if it was my offense or defense that did it.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Innovation has always been innovative with his thoughts.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I've always felt a safety should be an opponent TD. If I advance the ball into your end zone, I should get 6 points (plus an XP). Shouldn't matter if it was my offense or defense that did it.
    Actually, this makes the most sense. I totally agree. Give the D a TD and go from there.

slacker00

That's my biggest problem the the NFL. There's so many goofy rules. Make it simple, it's a blue-collar sport after all.

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    At least make it 4 minimum. You see some very crazy miracle plays and Hail Mary's but a safety has to be the toughest way to score.

At less than 3 points the other team just needs to drive to around the 35 and kick a field goal to overcome this rare feat.

4 points would also make the punter one of the most important offensive players every game too.

What you think?
    Except that you also get the f*cking ball, which gives you the opportunity to:

1. keep the other team from ever seeing the ball again if it's late in the game
    2. score potentially 10pts total (safety + TD + 2pt conversion)

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

I'd make a safety worth 100 points, field goals 50 points, touchdowns 200 points. Suck it NBA, who has the most points now?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Safetys should be worth 2.5 points.