No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Vote for the worst beat of the day

Incredibly, I had all three of these.

Pennsylvania +4.5 in hoops. Penn makes a huge comeback at the end of regulation and goes up by 2 with 1:20 left in regulation. Temple then reels off five straight points and goes up by three with two seconds left. Penn misses the tying three, fouls, Temple kid makes both FT's, and Owls win by 5.

BYU +9.5 in football. Mormons (or should I say, Morons) are down by 10 with about 1:30 left and in the Badger red zone. Needing two scores no matter what, instead of kicking the field goal immediately and going for an on-side, they fumble f\*\*k around trying to score a TD, the clock runs out in regulation and they lose by 10.

West Virginia +6 in football. You just saw how this one ended. Texas drives down at the end of regulation but doesn't put the game away, instead settling for a field goal to force OT. They then score to open the extra session, WVU gets the ball and can't tie it from 1st and goal at the 5. WVU loses by 7.

All three bets were multiple units for me -- not huge money by any means, but goddam.

Last edited by No coincidences; 11-09-13 at 10:28 PM.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave No coincidences 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

how about heat losing on wild bullshit?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Magic+8.5 (got a bad line at a book that posts way before games). They were up by 1 with 3 mins to go, then just looked like they were trying to lose over the next few possessions and Hawks go on a 10-0 run in about a minute and a half to lead by 9. To add insult to injury, last possession down by 10, Orlando steals, and then decides to just dribble out the clock instead of taking a last shot that teams that are led typically take.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Those are three tough ones.

I didn't really see any of them, but reading the synopsis I would have to go with....hmmm...West Virginia.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    If I was dumb enough to play an NBA ML at -1650 or whatever and it lost, I deserved it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Those are three tough ones.

I didn't really see any of them, but reading the synopsis I would have to go with....hmmm...West Virginia.
    It still doesn't top Northwestern from earlier this year.

Had that one too. For 5U.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Only if you bet that chalky ass ML.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It still doesn't top Northwestern from earlier this year.

Had that one too. For 5U.
    I was on it, too.

If that wasn't the worst beat of all-time, I would love to see what was.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I was on it, too.

I think it was, though these three nut-kickers today actually made me forget about it for a few seconds.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Was on Texas -5.5. Left for like 40 minutes thinking it lost and came back and they won in OT lol.

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't feel confident in Texas(I'm a Longhorns fan) So I bet the over 55, which earned me some money!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Wvu played great D but with all their turnovers AND losing their starting qb they should of never been it. Texas had like 4 or 5 redzone trips stalled for FGs. Not tp be a dick but if I had them I'd consider it a win to even be in it that long. And not to mention wvu had thr ball inside the 5 in that Ot but what happened? Another turnover to end the game.

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a great game, sloppy as hell game though! Hopefully Mack Brown will be gone at the end of the year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Wvu played great D but with all their turnovers AND losing their starting qb they should of never been it. Texas had like 4 or 5 redzone trips stalled for FGs. Not tp be a dick but if I had them I'd consider it a win to even be in it that long. And not to mention wvu had thr ball inside the 5 in that Ot but what happened? Another turnover to end the game.
    Texas had the lead for how much of this game again?

I didn't have WVU ML. I just had them at +6. I would agree with you if you said they were fortunate enough to be in it to actually win. I just needed Texas to finish them in regulation with a TD and win by 4.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Would suck to be on the other end of the Wiscy game but you gotta admit it would have been a nice back door if BYU covered

I threw a couple bucks on under 54.5 in the bama game for lack of any other play, and well if LSU doesn't miss three tackles inside the five that probably would have been under....instead I lose by half point. My own fault for jumping in at kick off lol

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Would suck to be on the other end of the Wiscy game but you gotta admit it would have been a nice back door if BYU covered
    Penn and/or BYU would've been great backdoors. I would've settled for a split. Can't believe neither hit given what happened down the stretch of those games.

Don't even get me started on the WVU loss, though.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Penn and/or BYU would've been great backdoors. I would've settled for a split. Can't believe neither hit given what happened down the stretch of those games.

Don't even get me started on the WVU loss, though.
    yeah the whole game i was kicking myself for not playing wvu....thought they'd win s/u for sure

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

my worst was last year. bowl game. duke/cincy, game tied, time running out Ive got duke +9. duke has the ball on the cincy 5. instead of running out the time and kicking a fg, duke wants a touchdown, Duke mf'er fumbles the ball. next play cincy qb throws like a 90 yard td pass to go up 7. I tell my chick, thats ok, ive got +9. ensuing play, duke qb gets sacked, ball flips up and cincy lineman catches it and runs it in for a td. first word out of my mouth: Un'fcknbelievable. log onto sbr, and the first thread I see regarding the game was titled Un'fcknbelievable.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    my worst was last year. bowl game. duke/cincy, game tied, time running out Ive got duke +9. duke has the ball on the cincy 5. instead of running out the time and kicking a fg, duke wants a touchdown, Duke mf'er fumbles the ball. next play cincy qb throws like a 90 yard td pass to go up 7. I tell my chick, thats ok, ive got +9. ensuing play, duke qb gets sacked, ball flips up and cincy lineman catches it and runs it in for a td. first word out of my mouth: Un'fcknbelievable. log onto sbr, and the first thread I see regarding the game was titled Un'fcknbelievable.
    That was awful. I remember that one too. Wasn't on it, but it still sticks with me to this day.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Only if you bet that chalky ass ML.
    my buddy had it on last leg of open 9 teamer parlay... sick way to lose.. he was just wanting to close it out to get paid..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

my buddy had it on last leg of open 9 teamer parlay... sick way to lose.. he was just wanting to close it out to get paid..

That sucks.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

hindsight says he shoulda hedged ML on c's to get a nice chop but that's ridiculous to even think about at the time...that fukkin blows

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Well, sounds like Penn in bball isn't a bad beat if you're trailing all game.

Byu was down 17 with 5 min to go and was fortunate to even have a shot at a backdoor.. Another wrong side

Can't comment on third.

It's not a bad beat if you're trailing all game.... It's a bad bet.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I will say this, I had Wisky for 3u.. Easy bet.

Texas is my favorite football game, so good to see u get ****** in that one.

Karma, pussy.

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    hindsight says he shoulda hedged ML on c's to get a nice chop but that's ridiculous to even think about at the time...that fukkin blows
    Ya I know but the heat at home.. -1600 was about as safe as it gets.. Being up 4 points with 3 secs left and you lose lmao what a clusterfuck of a way to lose a 9 teamer for huge money

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I was on it, too.

The duke (I think?) football game last year. Where they were down 7 getting 10+ points and in the redzone with like 20 seconds left.

Fumble recovered for 6 the other way.

Might be comparable.

houston1
    houston1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3874

Had PSU/MIN over 47. 34 points in first half and no fukking score in second half.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    The duke (I think?) football game last year. Where they were down 7 getting 10+ points and in the redzone with like 20 seconds left.

Fumble recovered for 6 the other way.

Might be comparable.

scroll up a bit. i listed that one. wanted to strangle that duke head coach rooster sucker

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I will say this, I had Wisky for 3u.. Easy bet.

Texas is my favorite football game, so good to see u get ****** in that one.

Karma, pussy.
    You couldn't make this up if you tried. I mean, really.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The only bad one was WVU

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Quote Originally Posted by houston1 View Post
    Had PSU/MIN over 47. 34 points in first half and no fukking score in second half.
    I had that one too. I liked that one a lot.

I feel like BYU kicked the early FG last year to F me...How bout those refs throwing the flags due to all the muggings by Wisky on BYU receivers, but they kept calling un-catchable. Balls were way F- in catchable.

J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

Knew WVU was fukked when they won the coin flip. I'm not that pissed though because I dragged my ass all week, couldn't pull the trigger, and missed all of the 7-7.5s.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

This stuff evens out over time.

I used to get pissed about these situations, but it's not fair to be so upset about a bad beat when I also catch a lot of lucky breaks to win bets.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

scroll up a bit. i listed that one. wanted to strangle that duke head coach rooster sucker
    Your storytelling and recollection of it were far better than mine

12 Last