SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Incognito is obviously a racist bastard. There's a reason why he's gotten released and kicked off of two college teams, no coaches wanted to deal with this prick. Martin should've just ****** this guy up when he had the chance and not have been a big pussy about it. You're an NfL lineman..how the hell do you let someone bully you, especially that f a g Richie..sweet name, if you're 5..

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    I was going to respond directly to buddy's nonsense, but there's no point. I will say one thing, and this comes from someone in the know, but anyone who defends and puts his trust in the pulp being packaged and labeled as "research," is someone who is either new to the industry or is a student. That goes quadruple for social science research.
    That made me laugh lmao

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    Wow, C-Gold ripped B-Bear a new one. I agree with him for the most part but don't knock us guys who can't change oil. That's not an education thing...it's more a class thing. I grew up in upper middle/higher places (Greenwich CT/Bronxville NY etc.) and I know plenty of educated guys up there who know nothing about car maintenance . I went to college in FLA where the educated are middle-class at best and most likely of lower-middle or prole backgrounds. Those guys could change their oil and many could even repair their own cars. It's more a class thing.
    Here's the thing, a lot of these leftists are all the same. They preach diversity, but they are all the same. They all adhere to the same talking points. If the debate gets shifted around a little bit, or if their teleprompters don't work, they have little to no critical thinking skills to rely on. So what do they do? Attack attack attack with name calling.

People like him have been indoctrinated with a set of beliefs. I go to college, I am smart, people who don't go to college are stupid. People who go to college are leftist, because we are smart. People who don't go to college are just dumb redneck republicans. Whenever their belief system is questioned or challenged, they cry... but but but the experts say THIS!

I am not a grease monkey either but I just went to college with kids who were more or less helpless. These kids were not particularly bright and everything was provided for them. Did they cook a single meal over 4 years? NO, they had meal plans! They had housing! They didn't work! How does that prepare 18-21 year olds for the real world? They leave moms basement at 18, and then are provided for by the state... university for the next 4 years. Then they hopefully get their first job and say FCK, I worked my ass off, why are they taking a huge chunk of my paycheck, where did the money go? At this point most of them wise up, but some don't.

Also, if you had to change your oil, you could and you would. These academics look down on people who don't have white collar jobs. These leftists could be working the crappiest of the crappy jobs but they always brag about how they have an "invaluable degree". Meanwhile, the tradesman could be making 70K doing some blue collar job but they are just a dumb redneck doing work that is "beneath" the educated fool liberal. They are so stupid they don't even realize that a lot of people that didn't go to college are making more money than them. They believe the fallacy that college automatically equals more money. It doesn't.

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Getting back on topic... Martin is a bitch who's back home living with his parents. And his parents are currently foaming at the mouth for their case of a lifetime to bring down the "football workplace culture". Once he went AWOL, the paycheck ceased... And how do you get that money? Sue. And what's even more hilarious is dude is about to sue against something he himself took part in (hazing). And I'm pretty sure stealing another player's car is more than just bullying or hazing... It's grand theft auto.

Martin is like the kid that pledges a fraternity/sorority, but drops because they couldn't handle it, and then goes to the administration to report trumped up hazing charges so that he can bring everyone down to their level. Instead of doing the normal thing, and just bowing out realizing they couldn't hack it. Ricky Williams said it best the other day, he knew when he quit it was on him, not anybody else. Martin can't accept this fact. His released statement defined EVERYTHING that EVERY other player has experienced, and yet NOBODY else EVER had a problem with it. Now is the culture wrong? Yes, but at the same time nobody cares. I didn't go crying to mommy when I got hazed back in college. I signed up for the shit. When you're with people 24/7 they will find out if you're a big weirdo and tease you. It's not like he's sitting in a cubicle at work and someone is going out of their way to insult him. As for "malicious attack", we hear about fights at practice all the time. If Richie was in the wrong then the whole team, and whole league, wouldn't be on his side... They'd distance themselves from him and the whole situation. As for the $15,000 extortion, the trip was pre-paid and so when he bitched out on going he was still on the hook to pay up. It's a long list of nothing that this whole story boils down to.

Stupid ESPN just wants ratings, like usual. Yet every year they talk about similar stories around the league where the same exact hazing/fights happens. The difference this time is that there was never a bitch ass player with two lawyer parents wanting to make it an issue. This isn't a racial issue, or even a bullying issue. It's a story about a bitch that couldn't take a joke, or know how to roll with it and sling some mud back. Dude didn't even tell anyone in the administration/coaches that he had a problem with it, so all this is on him... nobody else.

I will say though, the one thing I really never understood was why hazing is so openly allowed within sports... Yet I coulda been caught telling a pledge to grab me a drink, and then be expelled for it.

But bottom-line, Martin is a bitch... And those that disagree with that, are the ones that never learned to stand up for themselves. This anti-bully movement has gotten way out of hand. Good in theory, but executed terribly. Anyone see that fitness trainer few weeks back called out for "fat shaming" because she had a sexy body after 3 kids? The whole world needs to take their diapers off and put the big boy pants back on.
    Last edited by Crate Mayne; 11-09-13 at 11:57 PM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Bottom line is Icognito is a jerk off who needs a solid ass whoopin. Whether a bully or not, no place in the league for a absolute jerk off like him.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    So which is it Buddy Bear? Is education and you later say Intelligence, highly correlated with being Liberal or is it that a college degree is not a significant predictor of whether you are Republican or Democrat. You do understand that if the correlation is 50/50 Republican/Democrat then there is no correlation? You backtracked big time. These statements you made are mutually exclusive. You backtracked big time and don't even understand elementary statistics. I am calling bullshit on you and I don't think you even went to college. If you did you didn't learn much.
    The way you are writing shows you are illiterate. Correlation 50/50

Step right up bro....put your money where your mouth if you don't think I went to college.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    That's exactly the point c-gold was making.
    No that's not the point he was making retard. Anybody with a brain or who knows anything about basic statistics knows that C-Gold does not even know what a correlation is because he cannot even talk about it correctly. He has 0 clue what he is talking about.

Basically he is trying to tell you a guy who can change the oil in a car is of more value than an educated person in society. Just because C-Gold failed/could not cut in school, does not mean everyone who went there is a loser.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I was going to respond directly to buddy's nonsense, but there's no point. I will say one thing, and this comes from someone in the know, but anyone who defends and puts his trust in the pulp being packaged and labeled as "research," is someone who is either new to the industry or is a student. That goes quadruple for social science research.
    Go ahead and respond....waiting to hear what great things you have to say which will be based entirely on nonsense and emotions and your personal experiences....pretty much on everything EXCEPT science and evidence.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Ummm....not really. Let's take a scientific poll and see what the demographic is of those who support Incognitio. I'll go out on a limb and say the person who supports Incognito is, largely an uneducated, white, male, who identifies as politically conservative and tends to be more religious than the average person. That's your Incognitio supporter.
    Buddy, you fail to contextualize Incognito's behavior to where it occurred. As someone who specializes in social research, I am shocked that you would judge behavior outside of its social context.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Really want to see his interview on foxsports1 tonight.

High3rEl3m3nt

We can confirm that buddybear is not an anthropologist.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

richie is obviously an outstanding leader and tough athlete, no way he is a dipshit meathead like it appears

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

whats all this conversation about

richie was just joking around

martin said he would murder incognitos family

i think that is hilarious

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Buddy, you fail to contextualize Incognito's behavior to where it occurred. As someone who specializes in social research, I am shocked that you would judge behavior outside of its social context.
    That's surprisingly a good point. It has not been lost on me though. As I stated in a previous post, and it may not seem like it to most people, an NFL lockeroom/field, is a real life work environment. There are certain codes of conduct and work behavior that are appropriate and inappropriate. That someone can routinely drop the N-Bomb and threaten to kill you and your family is blatant harassment. It is very well defined by the law. There are very strict rules as to what can and cannot be said. Sorry but if a 350lb NFL lineman threatened to kill me....especially one as mentally unsteady as Incognitio....I would take it pretty seriously.

Even Incognito admitted "he does not look too good" in all of this....yeah, no shit, you leave multiple voice messages calling a black guy a ****** and threaten to kill him and his family. But you see, all bullies think they are friendly with the people they bully because they assume their behavior is normal. It's like sexual harassment. Guys who sexually harass women never think their behavior is anything but "friendly" and "playful" only when they step back and see their behavior, as Incognito now has, they see how truly pathetic their behavior is.

And if you want to go one step further, in that unscientific poll ESPN conducted with the 72 NFL players, the majority would not want Incognito on their team. In other words, despite being a Pro Bowl level offensive lineman, his character does not even carry currency with his work colleagues, the ones who are familiar with an NFL work environment.

So yeah, say what you will about Martin, but I see no way in the world anyone can defend Incognito on any grounds. Simply saying that the NFL lockerroom culture makes it okay to harass and bully someone is not a defense...it's an excuse.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    That's surprisingly a good point.
    Buddy, we all have personal biases, and those that deny theirs, are often the worst offenders. The reason I was not going to respond to your posts, is because you are lawyering to be right, rather than trying to be accurate.

Even in your latest response, you fail to apply context to actions. Today, we saw a man being interviewed, in front of the cameras, on the television screens of thousands of Americans--most who cannot relate to the lockeroom context or culture, pleading his case to the jury, with the hope that he will not become the face on the anti-bullying movement's most wanted poster. Anything he said today, needs to be contextualize to this fact. The man stands to lose millions if the public and the media continues to run fullspeed with this. He can't defend the culture and stay in the league. Personally, I thought he did a decent job trying to win over the jury.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Are we still talking about this? Man, it must suck talking about two offensive lineman fukking around on a team everyone hates in a city everyone looks for reasons to hate.

Martin camp trying to money grab, thats it. Get the fukk over it

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Buddy, we all have personal biases, and those that deny theirs, are often the worst offenders. The reason I was not going to respond to your posts, is because you are lawyering to be right, rather than trying to be accurate.

Even in your latest response, you fail to apply context to actions. Today, we saw a man being interviewed, in front of the cameras, on the television screens of thousands of Americans--most who cannot relate to the lockeroom context or culture, pleading his case to the jury, with the hope that he will not become the face on the anti-bullying movement's most wanted poster. Anything he said today, needs to be contextualize to this fact. The man stands to lose millions if the public and the media continues to run fullspeed with this. He can't defend the culture and stay in the league. Personally, I thought he did a decent job trying to win over the jury.
    I just read a bit of it....but you are right.....he has basically lost a wining lottery ticket and is desperately looking for it and he is starting to realize that he might not ever find it. His life is more or less over. Society will ostracize him. He already is not seen as a functioning member of the community any longer. There is a strong chance he won't be back in the NFL. It's almost certain that the Dolphins are going to cut him (based on media reports I read). At that point, who is going to want to take a 10 year vet with that much baggage? He is going to be sued, the NFL is going to be sued, the dolphins are going to be sued, the Coach(es) is going to be sued, Martin is going to be sued, the players are going to turn on each other, the team is going to be changed partly because they are not good but partly also because the NFL is going to demand a change to make it look like something is going to be done .....Incognito will rat out his own teammates in a heartbeat if it can save himself. I think the situation is very ugly. That being the case, I don't know the full story. Once Incognito articulates himself a bit more and makes his defense, I am willing to listen. Incognito is innocent until proven guilty. He'll have an opportunity to speak soon.

At this point, all I have is the voicemails and text messages to go by. Even Incognito conceded that it was inappropriate. He's been reluctant to talk because those voicemails and text messages are overwhelming. That it took place in an NFL locker room, like you said, provides some context but it is not an excuse. At the end of the day, an NFL locker room is a work environment. ALL the players know that. It's not a make believe place. It's not a fantasy football headquarter. It's not a playground. It's a place where men earn their living....no different than an office, a classroom, an assembly line, a kitchen, etc...There are certain standards of behaviors that are expected both as a rule of law and as part of a civil society. If he had jerked off and put his semen in Martin's water or soda or whatever...do you think anyone would say "No big deal...Martin needs to man up and quit complaining, they are just messing around with him."

And the racial dynamics are important too. It's may be popular to condone Incognito's behavior and words largely because the target was an African American men. Most people in this country dislike black people. Maybe I am embellishing it but if you've read the things I have read, you could not arrive at any other conclusion than one I have. Sure, most don't say this publicly, but research shows overwhelming bias in how individuals evaluate information when it comes to black and white people. For example, in news studies where they manipulate the race of the criminal (black or white), participants will reliably assign a higher jail sentence to the black criminal as opposed to the white criminal. Literally, there are thousands of studies just like this. You think I am kidding? Feel free to look it up...it shows up over and over and over at an alarming rate.

I am not saying either that because Martin is black that Incognito should be dealt with any differently...i am just saying, I am not surprised by the support that Incognito is getting and who is supporting him and why they are supporting him.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Whoa.
    A lot is being made of this because of the buzzword "bully" and cause of the "half niger" context.

Incognito wont get a chance because of these words in addition to his past mistakes. Riley Cooper still has a job and what he said is much worse.

This blew up only because of "bullying" but we all know Martin simply is too soft for professional sports. Stop making it bigger than it needs to be. The media simply blood sucks these kind of stories, especially with a city like Miami.

First ... 2345