easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I simply can not figure out the Western Conference

getting absolutely killed betting the west. Hit Charlotte and Milwaukee in the early games and give it all back with the late games. Had Jazz against the Suns, Suns rally to win, Had the over in the Spurs/Lakers game thinking it will be a fast tempo never had a shot, Also had the under in clippers/kings thinking Clippers come out tired and slow down the game no chance. Same story for me on Wednesday as well betting the later games. Even though I am doing okay in the early games I simply can not figure out the Western Conference and it was the same story for me last year.Might not bet anything that starts after 8:35 ET in the NBA for a while.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

We should team up bc I have the west figured out and no clue on the east.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by ksnooksk View Post
    We should team up bc I have the west figured out and no clue on the east.
    East is consistent, you know what each team is. On the other hand the west is a complete dice roll. Teams play so much better at home compared to on the road and can shoot lights out 1 day and not be able to make a shot the next.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Not even the first week in, lets let teams settle in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sarunas

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    East is consistent, you know what each team is. On the other hand the west is a complete dice roll. Teams play so much better at home compared to on the road and can shoot lights out 1 day and not be able to make a shot the next.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Not even the first week in, lets let teams settle in.
    it was the same story last year

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

forget the stats, trends, etc, nba is all about matchups. look at the rosters. study the players. study the coaches and anticipate the adjustments they will make and the rotations they will have on that day. i can't speak on the other games because i did not watch them but the clips wouldn't be tired this early in the year. look at that roster. all their guys are very athletic, most wing players that would have no problem playing on a b2b at this point. use that theory for like a 4th game in 5 nights or after lets say a team plays a grinding defensive game the previous game, then travels like cross country. their jumpers will be flat, not much elevation in their game, etc. that's what i stress on this site for past 3 years why teams will struggle against heat in a 7 game series despite some teams dominating them (i.e. bulls) in the reg. season. Over the course of 7 games, you lose lift in your legs guarding wade/james, your wing players jumpers are gonna be flat all night in that 5, 6, 7 game.

it's the nba so just study the quality of the players and the rosters and the coaching philosophy

tharealhu$tla
    tharealhu$tla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

great stuffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    forget the stats, trends, etc, nba is all about matchups. look at the rosters. study the players. study the coaches and anticipate the adjustments they will make and the rotations they will have on that day. i can't speak on the other games because i did not watch them but the clips wouldn't be tired this early in the year. look at that roster. all their guys are very athletic, most wing players that would have no problem playing on a b2b at this point. use that theory for like a 4th game in 5 nights or after lets say a team plays a grinding defensive game the previous game, then travels like cross country. their jumpers will be flat, not much elevation in their game, etc. that's what i stress on this site for past 3 years why teams will struggle against heat in a 7 game series despite some teams dominating them (i.e. bulls) in the reg. season. Over the course of 7 games, you lose lift in your legs guarding wade/james, your wing players jumpers are gonna be flat all night in that 5, 6, 7 game.

it's the nba so just study the quality of the players and the rosters and the coaching philosophy

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

thanks for the info

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

easy just take it easy, it hasn't even been a week yet. If you onky have a good read on the east why even bet the west? Stick to what you're good at until you get that better feel for the west teams.