1. #1786
    common sense
    common sense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-07
    Posts: 28

    correct

  2. #1787
    jennyjenn
    jennyjenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 106

    paid yet?

    anybody new get paid today?

    still waiting miine was sent on the 27th

  3. #1788
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    I haven't yet. I'm tired of being patient. I've given them until April 10 and still haven't received anything. This is really sickening.

  4. #1789
    jennyjenn
    jennyjenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by glassjoe View Post
    I haven't yet. I'm tired of being patient. I've given them until April 10 and still haven't received anything. This is really sickening.

    what are they saying when u call them

  5. #1790
    common sense
    common sense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-07
    Posts: 28

    Although ********** may cost you money, the relief will be rewarding psychologically. I gamble for a living, mostly poker, the grief sportsbook.com has caused me has cost me many $$$$ as it has negatively affected my poker play.

    Living in Vegas, I can still bet on sports but it is time consuming so until the air clears I will not deposit any new money into ANY offshore book. When Pinnacle stopped taking bets from US residents it should have been a loud message to all, unfortunately I wasn't listening and have paid for an expensive lesson.

    Again I urge anyone now listening to get on the phone with your financial institution and salvage what you can, remember the clock is running.

    There will be justice, although the LAW works very slowly. The authorities in Vegas both state and local have the names and addresses of those involved in this scam that are within the juridiction of the United States. I'm working on getting names of those in Costa Rica, such as WILHELM (theRX) when and if I am sucessful, the names will be turned over to the Nacional Policia in San Jose, Costa Rica for prosecution.

  6. #1791
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    this sh*t sucks

  7. #1792
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    Quote Originally Posted by common sense View Post
    Although ********** may cost you money, the relief will be rewarding psychologically. I gamble for a living, mostly poker, the grief sportsbook.com has caused me has cost me many $$$$ as it has negatively affected my poker play.

    Living in Vegas, I can still bet on sports but it is time consuming so until the air clears I will not deposit any new money into ANY offshore book. When Pinnacle stopped taking bets from US residents it should have been a loud message to all, unfortunately I wasn't listening and have paid for an expensive lesson.

    Again I urge anyone now listening to get on the phone with your financial institution and salvage what you can, remember the clock is running.

    There will be justice, although the LAW works very slowly. The authorities in Vegas both state and local have the names and addresses of those involved in this scam that are within the juridiction of the United States. I'm working on getting names of those in Costa Rica, such as WILHELM (theRX) when and if I am sucessful, the names will be turned over to the Nacional Policia in San Jose, Costa Rica for prosecution.

    I think you need to hit up gamblers anonymous, your going crazy... i hope.

    You didn't start posting untill late march, what the hell are you talking about. Why are you trying to piss everyone off. Why don't you wait another month before you start trying to stir up this crazy sh*t
    Last edited by chigoldcoast27; 04-11-07 at 09:34 AM.

  8. #1793
    common sense
    common sense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-07
    Posts: 28

    PONZI schemes...

    that want to keep going MUST pay at least a small % of the suckers to keep new $$$$$ flowing in. I will guessestimate that 2% or less of cashouts are being paid by sportsbook.com.

    Keeping hope alive is the oxygen for a PONZI scheme. Between the $$$$$ owed and the FREE money they keep handing out there is absolutely NO mathematical chance that most individuals will ever see their money. If you can recoup anyhing north of 10% owed to you, that is the sound decision to make.

  9. #1794
    iq8w7ht
    iq8w7ht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-07
    Posts: 38

    I understand full well what a ponzi scheme is; however, I would say that perhaps half or maybe more of the very legitimate seeming people on this thread has gotten paid, including myself. Now the sample size here is quite small, and I don't know yet if my check will clear, but the evidence seems to provide a reasonable basis for hope for payouts. Also, you may not fully appreciate this if you're good enough to be a professional gambler; however, while I made money in the past several months and overall during the past year, on the whole I've pissed away quite a lot on recreational gambling, mostly sports. I'd like to think I've gotten better over time both in my control of when to gamble as well as my decisions about what wagers to take; however, my first couple years of sports gambling I def. lost a crapload on dumb betting. I was, in short, a rube. (But I will say that my payouts always did come promptly, up until Feb/Mar of this year.) So it's entirely possible that SB and other gambling sites are largely funded by suckers who crap away their money, including the free bonuses (and especially the "reload bonuses"). Never underestimate how many of those are out there.

  10. #1795
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    No way... It is currently 10:49 AM & my wachovia webpage went from

    Available Balance: $------
    Posted Balance: $-------

    to

    Available Balance: $------
    Posted Balance: not available


    this is the best news I've seen in awhile.. there's finally been a change into something...even if it's only at "not available"

  11. #1796
    kamo
    kamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-07
    Posts: 56

    I have not posted in a while, cause I have been patiently waiting for my check to be delivered by DHL. It has now been 6 business days since they supposedly sent my check. Still nothing. I have 2 other withdraws by check that I am also waiting to be processed.

    I to think they just paid off a few people, to get everyones hopes up. This whole thing is not right. The $$$ must not be there for them to pay out....if it was, we would all have out $$$ by now. No??

  12. #1797
    jennyjenn
    jennyjenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by glassjoe View Post
    No way... It is currently 10:49 AM & my wachovia webpage went from

    Available Balance: $------
    Posted Balance: $-------

    to

    Available Balance: $------
    Posted Balance: not available


    this is the best news I've seen in awhile.. there's finally been a change into something...even if it's only at "not available"
    keep us posted w/ the outcome...

  13. #1798
    kamo
    kamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-07
    Posts: 56

    iq8w7ht - can you tell me where your check came from exactly...town, city, country, company. I want to track mine.

    Any info would be great

  14. #1799
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    this blows
    Last edited by chigoldcoast27; 04-11-07 at 10:02 AM.

  15. #1800
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    chigold... I liked your pre-edited post better

  16. #1801
    common sense
    common sense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-07
    Posts: 28

    Iq-Over my lifetime, I have lost upwards of $1million in sports betting. The past couple of years, I have fine tuned it down to about breakeven and bet to enhance watching specific sporting events. The loss I have just taken in charging back my deposits was substantial and most of it represented poker winnings.


    There is no doubt that sportsbook.com is a PONZI scheme. The previous parent company (Sporting Bet) was a "deep pocket". The new operation was purchased for ONE ****ING DOLLAR and was worth less. The only way anyone was going to get paid was for them to receive an excess in deposits. Their deposit methodology of classifying the credit card deposits as "phone charges"s is a clear violation of the mail fraud statutes, and as I previously mentioned those in Vegas will be punished appropriately.

  17. #1802
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    i hate my life

  18. #1803
    gking3314
    gking3314's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-11-07
    Posts: 58

    Glassjoe, are you saying that the wire came through, but isn't available yet? When again did your wire get processed?

  19. #1804
    iq8w7ht
    iq8w7ht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-07
    Posts: 38

    kamo -- I can give you more exact details when I get back home from work (in 7-8 hrs or so). What I recall is that the check (for $6k) was processed by SEB AG in Germany, then was actually cut through a Citibank in New York (Buffalo, I believe), and postmarked from there. I was told via email and CS that it was sent on Mar 29th, but talked with a CS supervisor on Mar 31st who told me it would actually be taken care of in the next batch. Her story seemed believeable. Further evidence supporting that notion was that if I interpret the reference number on the check documentation correctly, the processor only started processing the check on Apr 3, and it postmarked from Buffalo on Apr 4. I received it on Apr 7, went to the bank Monday (Apr 9) to deposit it. BofA had no problems processing it and the funds are currently in my account; however, I am waiting a week to try to do anything with them just in case the check bounces. I am still waiting for two checks to arrive, one for $1k requested on Mar 31, another for $1.5 K requested Apr 9. Hope that helps -- pm me if you want more details and I'll get them to you tonight.

  20. #1805
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    Well if, and I'm praying that I do.. You guys should take my word for it. I've been here posting like a mad man the last couple days. I used to be on covers reading the posts.. and it led me to here.

    I'm still peeved about them not processing anyone's w/drawal requests...I have requested everything left in my account and left 1 grand in there... (and the result of the Marlins/Brewers game.. if the Marlins can pull it out)...

    Am I currently fed up w/ sportsbook... and am looking for a local or something of that sort...

  21. #1806
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    Quote Originally Posted by common sense View Post
    Iq-Over my lifetime, I have lost upwards of $1million in sports betting. The past couple of years, I have fine tuned it down to about breakeven and bet to enhance watching specific sporting events. The loss I have just taken in charging back my deposits was substantial and most of it represented poker winnings.


    There is no doubt that sportsbook.com is a PONZI scheme. The previous parent company (Sporting Bet) was a "deep pocket". The new operation was purchased for ONE ****ING DOLLAR and was worth less. The only way anyone was going to get paid was for them to receive an excess in deposits. Their deposit methodology of classifying the credit card deposits as "phone charges"s is a clear violation of the mail fraud statutes, and as I previously mentioned those in Vegas will be punished appropriately.
    Why would you even bet with them if you knew all this information.. MY DEPOSIT DEFINATELY WAS NOT CHARGED AS A "PHONE CHARGE"

    charged as- "merchant purchase efs players" sure as **** doesn't sound like a telephone charge. Did anyone else have "efs players" show up in their statement?

  22. #1807
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    I requested on March 21st & received the confirmation on the 23rd at 12:53 PM...

  23. #1808
    gking3314
    gking3314's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-11-07
    Posts: 58

    Thanks glassjoe. That sucks because I requested on the 19th, and got confirmation on the 21st. Still nothing. I'm optimistic that others are getting theirs, but won't believe it until I see it.

  24. #1809
    kamo
    kamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-07
    Posts: 56

    Thanks for your help iq8w7ht. Let me see what I can do with that info....

  25. #1810
    iq8w7ht
    iq8w7ht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-07
    Posts: 38

    Yeah, well, I wouldn't believe the confirmation dates. Though I have no idea what the case is for wires....

    commonsense, my understanding from internet websites (which I only looked at after this w/drawal issue, of course) was that the operation was purchased not just for $1, but also that jazette took on 13.2 million dollars in debts. The idea was that Jazette would obtain the customer base and infrastructure, and sportingbet could get rid of their US facing businesses sot hat they weren't liable for any criminal activity. Reports I found seemed to indicate that sportingbet sold for $1 not only to get rid of the $13 million in debt, but also to avoid the costs of actually shutting the sites down, getting rid of the personnel, paying out ad contracts they had, etc. Again, this is all just what I gathered from googling over the past few weeks -- if it's wrong, someone correct me.

  26. #1811
    jennyjenn
    jennyjenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by kamo View Post
    I have not posted in a while, cause I have been patiently waiting for my check to be delivered by DHL. It has now been 6 business days since they supposedly sent my check. Still nothing. I have 2 other withdraws by check that I am also waiting to be processed.

    I to think they just paid off a few people, to get everyones hopes up. This whole thing is not right. The $$$ must not be there for them to pay out....if it was, we would all have out $$$ by now. No??
    I agree that is the part that is weird to me also... I know a few others that are still waiting for wires that were sent on the 22nd as of yesterday they had not recieved them either.. who knows what is "really" going on???

  27. #1812
    common sense
    common sense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-29-07
    Posts: 28

    IQ your info is essentially correct. Basically what happened is that the "employees" own the operation and were told by SportingBet that they could keep their jobs but there would be no funding going forward by the parent company hence the "scam" methodology to get deposits i.e "phone charges".

    If anyone wants to get a sense just how much money sportsbook.com owes you can look at your cashout-#'s, they are numbered consecutively, the last time I looked they are receiving 100,000+ cashouts per month, using even a conservative figure of $500 per cashout and it's probably higher, that is $50 MILlION, they are OVER a month behind. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that this operation is INSOLVENT!

  28. #1813
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    When did jazzette buy sportsbook from sportingbet?

  29. #1814
    chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 129

    Quote Originally Posted by glassjoe View Post
    When did jazzette buy sportsbook from sportingbet?
    sometime in january im pretty sure, just look up sportsbook.com at ustoday.com, or usatoday.com whichever is the website for the newspaper...

  30. #1815
    iq8w7ht
    iq8w7ht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-20-07
    Posts: 38

    common, my question then is why sportingbet would've funded an operation that is hemorrhaging that much money. Since they seemed like a legitimate company in good standing, I figured they had been making a profit. Now if the infrastructure and customer base stays constant through the change of ownership, it seems like Jazette shouldn't be doing that badly for itself. Obviously with the new laws, the customer base may have shrunk somewhat, but still. Also, if they are planning to take some money and run, I would have expect to see even higher bonuses and gimmicks offered to encourage a few more deposits before the websites closed up shop.

    I dunno. Clearly there are some issues going on, and a huge problem with lack of transparency in the actual workings of sportsbook. I have no idea what percentage of people have actually gotten paid -- heck, I don't even know for sure if I've gotten paid, since who knows if the check they sent me is good. So it might be a ripoff, and they may be broke, for all I know. All I'm saying is that there's room for reasonable disagreement on the issue, as far as I can tell -- if there's an ironclad case that they're running a scam or are out of $, I'm not seeing it yet.

  31. #1816
    pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-05-07
    Posts: 27,323

    any one want to take over or under 50.5 pages?

    i take the over

  32. #1817
    Jwicks
    Jwicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-11-07
    Posts: 5

    Alright, after reading for a few weeks I've finally decided to throw my two cents into the mix.

    First of all, common sense, dude....... the name is pretty ironic, don't you think? If you live in Vegas, common sense would tell you to drive your happy ass down to one of the local casinos to make bets rather than bet online illegally.

    Second, if you've lost upwards of a million dollars in sports betting, common sense says you should probably quit because you obviously can't make sound bets.

    Third, you're very much a glass half empty type of guy, its so easy for you to say we're never getting paid, and just write it off to another loss/**********, maybe losing is just obviously what you're used to. You say sportsbook is going bankrupt and that they have no funds, but keep in mind that we're only hearing from the people waiting on withdrawals here, we're not hearing about the other side of the coin who lost their money legitimately. I promise you there are an equal number of losers as there are people waiting for their money. You fail to look at the other side and realize that it makes more sense financially to keep a "can't lose" long term business like sportsbetting going, rather than to screw all of your current customers for the money they have deposited currently as a lump sum and run type of situation.

    I've been waiting for my $$ just as long as everyone else here, and yeah it blows balls, but for christ sakes dude, dont' 5hit on peoples parades just yet. If you feel the need to **********, by all means go for it, but we're holding on hope. If you can't afford to wait, don't bet your rent money.

    Wicks

  33. #1818
    glassjoe
    glassjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-07
    Posts: 328

    I'll put the rest of my money in my sb account that it'll hit over 100 by the end of may

  34. #1819
    marc
    marc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-15-05
    Posts: 1,166
    Betpoints: 200

    has anyone requested a withdrawal on or after march 28th and had it processed. I looks to me like they have stopped processing withdrawals. it's possible they are waiting until their processors are caught up before sending out a new batch, but it is very disconcerting. it doesn't llok like any of these delays are going away anytime soon

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/15/2005


  35. #1820
    jennyjenn
    jennyjenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-03-07
    Posts: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by glassjoe View Post
    I'll put the rest of my money in my sb account that it'll hit over 100 by the end of may
    are your funds there in your account now??

First ... 49505152535455 ... Last
Top