broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    They used to schedule those games at the start of the season, then people were bitching that there were no good games early in the season (i agree with that) so they started scheduling better games early in the season (LSU played TCU week 1, Bama played Va Tech, etc.). But they still need to have those "money" games so now they have to schedule them later in the season. Can't have it both ways.

i don't think any BCS team should ever play a subdivision team. i don't care what conference they are in.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    i don't think any BCS team should ever play a subdivision team. i don't care what conference they are in.
    All we hear is how you have to basically go undefeated to go to BCS champ game. You have teams like TCU, Boise State, etc. clamoring to get into the champ game when they don't play nearly the talent level that a plays. Lets say LSU plays Oregon instead of Furman today. The loser of that game - their season is done. They get a lot of "brownie points" for playing each other but those brownie points and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee and that is it. SEC really has no reason to play any touch OOC games. Until they get beat in a NC game, a 0-loss or 1-loss SEC team gets to play for the championship - why play anyone tougher then they have to? They sell out the game either way and get a easy W.

Don't get me wrong - I am with you - but until they "punish" teams for playing non FBS teams, it will be what it will be
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: broadway6

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post

<insert power="" conference=""> Until they (SEC) get beat in a NC game, a 0-loss or 1-loss SEC team gets to play for the championship

</insert>One SEC team lost... BUT

Two SEC teams were playing each other!

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    One SEC team lost... BUT

Two SEC teams were playing each other!
    Yea - that I don't agree with. If you aren't the best team in your conference you can't possibly be the best team in the country. This run for the SEC started when UF beat OSU - but leading up to that game there was a lot of talk about OSU playing a re-match with Michigan if you remember. There was talk that both the B10 teams were better than any other team in the country. a month later UF beat the crap out of OSU and its been all SEC since then. No way to know what could have happened last year had it not been SEC v SEC.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

newguy... The truth of the matter is...

Most college FB fans have SEC fatigue. They are hoping the new playoff system will help. Sammy is not so sure

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    newguy... The truth of the matter is...

Most college FB fans have SEC fatigue. They are hoping the new playoff system will help. Sammy is not so sure
    Im a SEC homer so my views are somewhat jaded but I think even SEC homers want the playoffs so that a single loss doesn't end your season. That said - its hard to make an argue that the SEC shouldn't get a spot in the final game seeing as how no one has really come close to beating them the last few years

malish
    malish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 398

SEC

Schedule Excessive Cupcakes

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Because the rest of their schedule is so tough (not counting the other three Furman look-a-likes) They have to play the likes of Tennessee, Arkansas, Vandy and Kentucky.

But honestly, SEC is really good and I have a lot of respect for them. There needs to be an 8 team playoff with strength of schedule weighted very heavily. If there is more/better cross conference games, then and only then can we really compare conferences.

First 12