Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I have to ask.......Thursday Night NFL Game

Last night Tampa is down by 18 with about a minute to go......and kick a Field Goal to make it a 15 point game. Only problem is Carolina committed a penalty.....so Schiano takes the points off the board. 4 plays later, Tampa turns the ball over on downs, and the Panthers go into victory formation.

My question is, did anyone get affected by the points coming off the board?? Maybe a teaser of some sort, or several points bought? If Schiano is going to make it a 15 point game with 1:10 left, why wouldn't he do the same with 55 seconds left? The guy makes way too many head scratching calls throughout a game.

Schiano also went on a 4th and 10 from his own 16 with like 8 minutes to go......I mean this is the NFL.....you don't do that.

I was just an observer, but curious if this positively or negatively affected you??

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I actually had Carolina -17.5, which I bet live late in the game.

I was super fortunate.

Regul8er
    Wordd

haha.....I knew that had to affect sombody.....Im stoked it worked out for you.
    Incredible the f'er even kicked the FG....cmon down 18, zero timeouts. They would have needed to march the field twice in less then a minute, and recover both onside kicks for that to be possible.

Goofy decisions.

The Giant

I just remember hearing the crowd booing, and I was pissed because I knew it meant the field-goal kicker was coming out.

I can kind of understand the reasoning, I guess. It was 4th and like 15, and they were down by three scores. It was a weird call, but if there were like 10 minutes left, it would've been the right call. The whole thing was strange, and I felt very fortunate with the outcome.
    Points Awarded:

Smoke gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Smoke

Regul8er
    Wordd

I see your point Giant.....but why wouldnt they have kicked the FG after 3 incomplete passes?? 4th and 10....almost the same situation, with about ten ticks less. Schiano does this kind of stuff all the time.

The Giant

Well, after the penalty they were a little bit closer, and there was less time.

Also, maybe he didn't want to hear those boos raining down again.

At any rate, it sounds like he's going to be fired pretty soon.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Did anyone see Glennon's last pass on 4th down? He just threw the ball away. At least throw it into traffic and hope for a lucky catch. That was like totally giving up. Disgrace.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Did anyone see Glennon's last pass on 4th down? He just threw the ball away. At least throw it into traffic and hope for a lucky catch. That was like totally giving up. Disgrace.
    Yeah, made no sense. Might as well just throw that into triple coverage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Freeman did that like six times the other night on fourth down. Just threw it out of bounds.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why risk getting someone injured when the game's over? Glennon made the smart move.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Tampa needs to clean house

Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Why risk getting someone injured when the game's over? Glennon made the smart move.
    It wasn't over bro you never just give up you need to throw that ball in someones direction not just throw it away if they pick it they will kneel anyway (if your worried about the ending score looking bad) throwing it away is completely giving up

You play to win the game, HELLO!

Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had multiple bets on the live wagers but a last second touchdown would have killed my 11 1/2 and 13 1/2.. I was hoping they would kick it and take the 15 point loss.. I could not believe my eyes when I flipped it back on under 2 minutes and Bucs had the ball again.. was the onside kick after the touchdown

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Niice View Post
    It wasn't over bro you never just give up you need to throw that ball in someones direction not just throw it away if they pick it they will kneel anyway (if your worried about the ending score looking bad) throwing it away is completely giving up

You play to win the game, HELLO!

this

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2362

throw it up for grabs and you risk an interception. not meaningful in a lost game but huge for the qb's stats, and lessen the value of his next contract.

same reason a lot of punters don't kick it out of bounds but boom it deep into the endzone. it's all about the stats.

selfish but it is reality.