Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

- IN reply to Obamacare-I am from Canada and can give some info on healthcare

I was reading the tread "what the hell is the texas senator doing".

Here are some facts about healthcare in Canada and myths debunked:

1- IT IS NOT TOTALLY FREE
    - We have Medical Service Plans. I believe they are around $65/month. This is mandatory and every1 has to pay this.
    (If youre younger than 19, the legal age in your province, it is free, or if you make less than 10,000/year)

- Waiting times
    Ppl start taking less responsibility for thier health, I believe in general in Canada. As you could go to the doctor whenever you want, and ppl go for things that arent siginificant.
    -You are waiting hours in a walk in clininc, even seeing your family doctor you are waiting hours.

-Surgery
    -Doctors reluctant to give it to you because theyre are so many ppl waiting on waiting lists.
    Need an MRI? I waited about a year to get one.
    And then your on another list for surgery.

Ex. My friend tore his ACL got MRI fast, but waited a year for surgery, in which condition he and I believe his doctor believed it got much worse and now he says it'l never be the same.
    Of course the more severe the injury the faster it is.
    In my opinion, I believe the U.S health care system is better overall slightly. Not the best option, neither is perfect.

If you're making above the poverty line, and over legal age you are paying $65 ish a month. I dont know how much a good plan costs in the states, but at least from my understanding is you can get youre MRI FAST AND SURGERY ETC.
    Again, I think both have their flaws, duno which is better, just wanted to give some facts.
    Last edited by Winner_13; 10-23-13 at 09:52 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think the more you pay the better the service of course

better plans=better care

a lot to choose from too

Winner_13

JJ, that is another valid point, about a benefit of the States.

A lot people in Canada have to take out loans and go to the states if they require/want surgery faster or better service.

JJ, when are you guna call me?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

$65 a month...lol

that's like free

we pay $650 a month here

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

more hospitals and doctors in usa than canada. Canada is roughly the size of california population wise and nothing about canada is revelant to anything in the united states

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    more hospitals and doctors in usa than canada. Canada is roughly the size of california population wise and nothing about canada is revelant to anything in the united states
    And you know this because you live in the hills of Kentucky and have visited Canada many times! Go eat a donut!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Where does this $65 come out of? Walk ins (some) take forever but hospitals not so much. They treat patients in order of severity.So if some guy has a fukkin gunshot wound and you have a broken arm, yea your ads waiting longer. Most I know havee never had to wait significant time for surgeries. You realize how much surgeries are man?? A ton.

Vinnie Paz

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    $65 a month...lol

that's like free

we pay $650 a month here
    EXactly

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    - Waiting times.
    Ppl start taking less responsibility for thier health, I believe in general. As you could go to the doctor whenever you want, and ppl go for things that arent siginificant.
    Are you talking about Americans or Canadians?

Winner_13

Its 650 a month per person there for a decent plan?

I thought employers usually give a plan, or subsidized one, at a middle class job.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

The biggest problem with universal health care in Canada is the wait times. Clinics are brutal, people are going there for minor aches and pains, whereas if they had to pay for it most would ride it out without seeking medical attention.

Vinnie Paz

Still better off waiting.....

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

what countries in the world, besides the US before Obamacare, DON'T have universal health care?

jjgold

Again the lower middle class and poor will suffer with Obamacare

They will not get the service just like Canadians

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    what countries in the world, besides the US before Obamacare, DON'T have universal health care?
    It's not free. It's the same as now but instead you're forced to buy something you may not want. Educate yourself before you look even more stupid.
    Points Awarded:

Ghenghis Kahn gave Deuce 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: J_smiff

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

Educate yourself before you look even more stupid.

+1

Brock proved how much of a dumbass he is about ObamaCare across the street...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Again the lower middle class and poor will suffer with Obamacare

They will not get the service just like Canadians
    The "lower middle class" will continue to go broke because of the expensive of any kind of hospitalization.

Also, Canadians have a longer life expectancy than Americans.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

- We have Medical Service Plans. I believe they are around $65/month. This is mandatory and every1 has to pay this.
    (If youre younger than 19, the legal age in your province, it is free, or if you make less than 10,000/year)

- Waiting times
    Ppl start taking less responsibility for thier health, I believe in general in Canada. As you could go to the doctor whenever you want, and ppl go for things that arent siginificant.
    -You are waiting hours in a walk in clininc, even seeing your family doctor you are waiting hours.

-Surgery
    -Doctors reluctant to give it to you because theyre are so many ppl waiting on waiting lists.

Ex. My friend tore his ACL got MRI fast, but waited a year for surgery, in which condition he and I believe his doctor believed it got much worse and now he says it'l never be the same.
    In my opinion, I believe the U.S health care system is better overall slightly. Not the best option, neither is perfect.

If you're making above the poverty line, and over legal age you are paying $65 ish a month. I dont know how much a good plan costs in the states, but at least from my understanding is you can get youre MRI FAST AND SURGERY ETC.
    Again, I think both have their flaws, duno which is better, just wanted to give some facts.
    1. False. I am not in canada now but my parents make over 50k and 75k and they don't pay this plan.

waiting time....
    well those people are idiots, people not taking responsibility for their health has nothing to do with healthcare. you wait in usa too...its not like you are going to walk in and they are going to see you right away...unless you live in a shithole small town.

surgery...
    this i somewhat agree but they are reluctant only if it is a non emergency/non life threatening. mri...well there is a short cut to this...you just go to the emergency and tell them you have a crazy pain wherever and they will do everything....if you go through family doctor you will wait, yes.

about your friend..if he had went to the emergency and complained of severe pain even if he wasn't in severe pain, they would have scheduled it right there............

if you are middle class or below, canadian healthcare is way better. if you are rich, then obviously us healthcare is better.

p.s. my dad had slight chest pain and the family doctor scheduled him for angioplasty in his heart 1 month later...he didn't want to wait, next day he went to the emergency with fake chest pain and they did all the tests and scan and performed the angioplasty the same day. in canada, if its not that serious, you just have to push them to get it done but they still get it done.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by 747planes View Post
    1. False. I am not in canada now but my parents make over 50k and 75k and they don't pay this plan.

waiting time....
    well those people are idiots, people not taking responsibility for their health has nothing to do with healthcare. you wait in usa too...its not like you are going to walk in and they are going to see you right away...unless you live in a shithole small town.

surgery...
    this i somewhat agree but they are reluctant only if it is a non emergency/non life threatening. mri...well there is a short cut to this...you just go to the emergency and tell them you have a crazy pain wherever and they will do everything....if you go through family doctor you will wait, yes.

about your friend..if he had went to the emergency and complained of severe pain even if he wasn't in severe pain, they would have scheduled it right there............

if you are middle class or below, canadian healthcare is way better. if you are rich, then obviously us healthcare is better.

p.s. my dad had slight chest pain and the family doctor scheduled him for angioplasty in his heart 1 month later...he didn't want to wait, next day he went to the emergency with fake chest pain and they did all the tests and scan and performed the angioplasty the same day. in canada, if its not that serious, you just have to push them to get it done but they still get it done.
    Yeah the hospitals don't take chest pains lightly. I walked into a hospital with chest pains, I was in my mid 20's. They rushed me in there, two nurses hooking me up to an ekg. Later the doctor comes and says to me, "Mr ___, do you use cocaine?" Bitch. Canada should have a minimal service charge for anyone going into a walk-in clinic or their GP office. $20 or something. That would cut out a lot of the universal health care abuse.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

- Waiting times

-Surgery

FINALLY.....a Canadian that gets it!!

A real life Canuck openly saying that the US is better. This is going to drive all these libtards pure bat shit! Too bad, you commie prikks!!

Well done, winner13. You seem a very honourable Canadian.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Opie don't start bro.

Vinnie Paz

I still dont get where this $65/month thing he brought up is from???

Winner_13

I live in B.C and I know you pay Medical Service Plans:

In B.C., premiums are payable for MSP coverage and are based on family size and income.

From January 1, 2012, to December 31, 2012 monthly rates are $64.00 for one person, $116.00 for a family of two and $128.00 for a family of three or more. Effective January 1, 2013, monthly rates are $66.50 for one person, $120.50 for a family of two and $133.00 for a family of three or more.

Winner_13

You get this mailed to you requiring you to pay, I know I did as soon as I turned 19.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

first off on the east coast we pay 0 guess op never did his reasearch

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every other province, the fee is covered through prov taxes. BC is the only one where they bill each month.
    http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...9-a500ddfaa4c9

sickler
    Facade 101

In B.C., premiums are payable for MSP coverage and are based on family size and income.

From January 1, 2012, to December 31, 2012 monthly rates are $64.00 for one person, $116.00 for a family of two and $128.00 for a family of three or more. Effective January 1, 2013, monthly rates are $66.50 for one person, $120.50 for a family of two and $133.00 for a family of three or more.
    That's interesting, I didn't know that about BC. I'm in Ontario, we're just taxed through the teeth to pay for the health care.

Vinnie Paz

You get this mailed to you requiring you to pay, I know I did as soon as I turned 19.
    Wow! Interesting. What about homeless or really poor folk? What about people who just lost their job or whatever....basically, what happens when someone needs health care and cant pay this fee is my question?

Winner_13

OK , I didn't realize the premiums was ONLY IN BC. Seems as if a lot of people were unaware of this.
    One day if I have time I should look at the difference in tax rates etc. too and see why its like this only in BC. I believe BC still has the lowest minimum wage in all the provinces as well and the highest cost of living.

Vinnie, if you make less than 10k a year you do not have to pay. The # might've changed slightly now.

Winner_13

I think how it is in B.C then, is similar to how it is in the States.

jjgold

Canada has some of the worst doctors and worse healthcare systems in the world don't move there

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Obamacare is a disaster and anybody who can't see that is a moron. The government can't even put up a functional website and you think they can handle healthcare for over 300 million people? Look at the wait times that the Canadian just told you about and their population is 1/3 the size of ours. The IRS is hiring thousands of new agents to be in charge of handing out subsidies and taking penalties out of your tax returns. All you Obama supporters, your getting what you deserve. Unfortunately the people that were smart enough not to vote that community advising piece of trash in will have to pay also.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Canada has some of the worst doctors and worse healthcare systems in the world don't move there
    So why is Canadian life expectancy higher than US avg life expectancy?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think the more you pay the better the service of course

better plans=better care

a lot to choose from too
    bullshit

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Obamacare is a disaster and anybody who can't see that is a moron. The government can't even put up a functional website and you think they can handle healthcare for over 300 million people? Look at the wait times that the Canadian just told you about and their population is 1/3 the size of ours. The IRS is hiring thousands of new agents to be in charge of handing out subsidies and taking penalties out of your tax returns. All you Obama supporters, your getting what you deserve. Unfortunately the people that were smart enough not to vote that community advising piece of trash in will have to pay also.
    You do realize that the bulk of healthcare is still handled by the private sector, right? Obamacare requires people to buy insurance, not from the government but through a private insurance company. The website is an absolute embarrassment though, that should never have happened.

12 Last