ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Midnight Madness

Just watching this thing on ESPNU, right now they're showing Kentucky. Are you fukkin' kidding me? Guy looks like a Preacher on a WWE set. Huge turnout, but good lord that looks ridiculous.

Everyone has already crowned this team before the majority of their team has even played a single minute of college ball. Sophomore will be as experienced as it gets.

Solid recruiting class for sure, but everyone was claiming this would be the greatest recruiting class ever if they landed Wiggins. (I was one of those guys). They failed to land Wiggins, yet the same thing is being said? Only guy that I know will be as good as advertised is Randle - guy is already old at 19 as a college freshman, is built like a man, and plays harder than everyone else. Harrisons are solid, but I am not sold. Pothyress is a solid college player. Dakari could be real good, but still has a ton to prove.

Anyway, this is going to be a good season. My boys will be rolling, and my conference will be representing. On top of that, there are a lot of traditional powers at the top, and the talent level will be so much higher than recent years. Hell, it drops off considerably with the next recruiting class.

Lot of story lines.

• Is Wiggins the next LeBron who had to go to college?
    • Is UK going to live up to the hype? Is their class better than the Fab 5?
    • What's the impact this new rule change will have on defenses in college? How will it effect Louisville's famous press? Does it give Syracuse's zone and even bigger advantage? For us bettors, are overs going to hit at a better than 54% rate due to higher scoring?
    • All of last years final four teams are relying on new PG's, how will they mesh with the guys who have been there before? Expected to do too much?
    • Best incoming recruiting class I can remember. There were guys outside of the top 10 this year that are obvious one-and-done's.
    • New conferences, new rivalries in the making. When teams come into a new conference, the general thought of a "conference game" doesn't translate, especially for us gamblers. Unless these teams have a long history of playing eachother, they are far from familiar. It will be useful to start conference play to make that distinction, in my opinion.

Bottom line is that there are a lot of fans, of a lot of teams (more than usual in my opinion), who believe their team has a real legit shot at winning the title. I tend to agree. This is not a run away by anybody.

Bet against young teams early - back them later in the season.

Basketball season!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

The Midnight Madness thing was so legit.

I hate the Wildcats with a passion and hope Louisville wins the title again.

ACC play is going to be so badass. No one will ever touch this conference again, especially after Louisville joins.

I hope Jabari Parker shows all of ESPN how they never should have slept on him (they never mention him anymore, it is all just about Wiggins now) and puts up better numbers than Wiggins.

Wiggins only went to Kansas because he is a selfish kid who wants all the fame to himself, I don't see Self and the Jayhawks making it past the Elite 8 to be honest. If Wiggins had been forced to go to Kentucky he would have lost his damn mind.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    The Midnight Madness thing was so legit.

I hate the Wildcats with a passion and hope Louisville wins the title again.

ACC play is going to be so badass. No one will ever touch this conference again, especially after Louisville joins.

I hope Jabari Parker shows all of ESPN how they never should have slept on him (they never mention him anymore, it is all just about Wiggins now) and puts up better numbers than Wiggins.

Wiggins only went to Kansas because he is a selfish kid who wants all the fame to himself, I don't see Self and the Jayhawks making it past the Elite 8 to be honest. If Wiggins had been forced to go to Kentucky he would have lost his damn mind.
    Wiggins went to Kansas for the current $180 million dollar deal on the table from Adidas. He's been coddled by Adidas for a while. Adidas also paid a ton to Shabazz, we'll see if that turns out to be worth it.

IMO, Wiggins is a bit better than Parker, and will most likely be given more of a green light to pad stats. Parker has to play in a system, and his game isn't flashy. Good player though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thing is like a big show now
    Not bad

Coaches even get into it

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

1:30am in NJ

J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

Jabari Parker

But fukk that scumbag Calipari and UK. "We don't just play college basketball. We are college basketball." Nothing would be sweeter than them blowing it early in the tourney. Sparty is gonna give them a nice wake up call next month too.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

i wouldnt be surprised though if parker stays for more than 1 year ESPECIALLY if he has a down year besides rivers and irving not a lot of kids leave duke plus his parents are scholars

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised though if parker stays for more than 1 year ESPECIALLY if he has a down year besides rivers and irving not a lot of kids leave duke plus his parents are scholars
    Parker already has scouts drooling for him. But, this is going to be one of the deeper drafts - so if any of those top guys enjoy college, they can come back next year and get drafted in the lottery. Parker being one of those guys.

Parker, Randle, Gordon would go top 10ish whenever they leave. Duke is the type of place a guy can totally stick around.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

kentucky is not your boys unless your from kentucky, sorry

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Have to watch it on DVR, was too busy watching Louisville blow their season

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    kentucky is not your boys unless your from kentucky, sorry
    I wish that were true. Unfortunately every hood rat and hifalutin dipshit from coast to coast who never went to school, is now a Kentucky fan.

If you think I was claiming Kentucky as my boys, that couldn't be further from the truth, and the SEC isn't representing shit as a conference in basketball. Although, it is unfortunate how close Sean Miller is to John Calipari.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

UK is fukkin badass boys. Your hate for them just shows how great they are and have been for so long.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    UK is fukkin badass boys. Your hate for them just shows how great they are and have been for so long.
    My distaste is solely for Calipari. Never gave a shit about Kentucky. Hate Kansas and Duke as programs, but at least I can respect Coach K and Self is certainly gaining it.

My dislike for the guy is unreasonable, and wont be rationed with. Hated him since UMASS. It is what it is.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Calipari is not a good coach at all he just gets great players

Great recruiter