JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

+anything on either of these teams against each other is a gift. +33 on Clemson is beautiful. And that's from a diehard Nole fan/alum.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I'm going to pass on this game.....

Just doesn't make sense.
    just cant stand taking points can you?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

so FSU would be -10 at home

yep. and they would cover it too

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

On another thread of guess the line posters went 3 to 1 for Clemson. I was hoping Clemson would be favored being an FSU bettor. All this talk about a freshnen QB going to Clemson to play a night game. Winston is super in the fans Heisman polling
    he's right behind Manziel & Marriota, and ahead of Boyd.

cmoney11
    cmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1269

Gonna be a type of game. 100% staying away. I think FSU takes it outright though.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT RAW QBR ADJ QBR
    2013 90 123 1441 73.2 11.72 56 17 2 8 213.9 91.7 91.3

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Jameis is the best player in the country by far. Manziel, Mariota, and Boyd are lining up to shine his shoes. FSU 44 Clemson 24

JabooFootball

If he beat Clemson in Death Valley, Miami, and Florida at the swamp and continues with similar stats and doesn't win the heisman i will protest.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Innnnnnnnteresting.
    you serious here? did you see BC at clemson this past weekend?? a sh*t BC team did a half decent job @clemson....what line are you offering?? you cant seriously make clemson favs after how poor they were this weekend....Fst off the bye week with a GOOD freshman qb...line is spot on....will prolly move more towards f st imo....all the best my man

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Clemson was +14.5 at FSU last year. Both teams were ranked in the top 10.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Agree. Books telling us something LK?
    what would they be telling us?

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Here's something to consider about the Freshman QB from FSU. I realize this is his first huge road test but for some reason it seems like anytime you have a qb that also plays baseball, or another college sport they seem to handle the pressure well. I'd be willing to bet that he plays well in this game. FSU may lose but I bet it won't be because he didn't play well.
    Last edited by wufpakman21; 10-14-13 at 09:05 AM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Here's something to consider about the Freshman QB from FSU. I realize this is his first huge road test but for some reason it seems like anytime you have a qb that also plays baseball, he's unflappable. I'd be willing to bet that he plays well in this game. FSU may lose but I bet it won't be because he didn't play well.
    I like this angle Call it the Russell Wilson theory maybe

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Florida State will play for the National Title.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    florida st is more rested coming off a bye week

maybe books think boyd has a bad game or winston plays well

i will def be watching this game

thanks chief

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Here's something to consider about the Freshman QB from FSU. I realize this is his first huge road test but for some reason it seems like anytime you have a qb that also plays baseball, or another college sport they seem to handle the pressure well. I'd be willing to bet that he plays well in this game. FSU may lose but I bet it won't be because he didn't play well.
    Did you know that he also plays soccer for fun?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FreshCope

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

easy money. FSU is ONCE AGAIN... OVERRATED. They get beat by anybody with a pulse. Clemson has a much stronger offense. They're battle tested and GETTING POINTS at HOME against an untested team with a FRESHMAN QB.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Remember Louisville beat Florida State in a hurricane one Thursday night in 2002, so Louisville should be ranked above FSU this season.

My hesitation for not pounding FSU...Florida State hasn't played squat yet. Maryland was a joke. They have historically face planted on the road with Fisher and will play in one of the toughest environments in college football.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Remember Louisville beat Florida State in a hurricane one Thursday night in 2002, so Louisville should be ranked above FSU this season
    Louisville should be ranked above FSU this season, we've played a tougher schedule. Thats how bad of competition FSU has faced

JabooFootball

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Louisville should be ranked above FSU this season, we've played a tougher schedule. Thats how bad of competition FSU has faced
    This is egregious bs. Louisville has looked worse against laughable "competition". Pitt>Temple, BC> Rutgers. Maryland>Kentucky Clemson has a much stronger offense? Florida State has 3 backs that would start on clemson's team. Winston is statistically outperforming Boyd in every category. Sammy Watkins is better than any FSU wideout but Nick O Leary is better than any Clemson tight end. Defensively fsu has more 4/5 star recruits than Clemson however our d is young and admittedly soft.

When your team puts up 6 points against temple in the 2nd half you invalidate strength of schedule any team strength arguments.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Common guey, represent our fans better than this

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    This is egregious bs. Louisville has looked worse against laughable "competition". Pitt>Temple, BC> Rutgers. Maryland>Kentucky Clemson has a much stronger offense? Florida State has 3 backs that would start on clemson's team. Winston is statistically outperforming Boyd in every category. Sammy Watkins is better than any FSU wideout but Nick O Leary is better than any Clemson tight end. Defensively fsu has more 4/5 star recruits than Clemson however our d is young and admittedly soft.

When your team puts up 6 points against temple in the 2nd half you invalidate strength of schedule any team strength arguments.

up 6 points? We were up 20+ going into the 2nd half you idiot. Ohio, Rutgers, and Kentucky are better than Pitt, BC, and Maryland. The bottom of the ACC has and will always be garbage.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Common guey, represent our fans better than this
    when did you turn into Gold's 4 inch mouthpiece?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

when did you turn into Gold's 4 inch mouthpiece?
    What? I'm just saying our schedule can't be talked about in a good way. I mean how many more times do we need to hear it? Every talking head every day

JabooFootball

a) I said put up 6 points, not up 6 points. Louisville did not score a touchdown against Temple in the 2nd half
    b) The bottom of the ACC makes the bottom of the American look like FCS teams, I dont know why youre arguing about the top of your conference versus the middle (the teams you mentioned) or the bottom (the tier you referenced) of any other conference. Said argument just supports other inferences that your conference is week.

TO BE FAIR

as a lifelong FSU fan I have grown accustomed to hearing that my conference is week so I'm not going to hold your conference being week against you because you guys cannot control that. I really wish Louisville was in the ACC instead of Pitt or Cuse. BUT, how you perform against your conference is how you prove you deserve to be ranked highly. Bridgewater looked atrocious in the 2nd half against temple, simple as that. Do not give me the "we didnt want to run up the score" narrative because thats bullshit, your team was trying to move the ball and failing. If you think temple could beat maryland (with healthy starting QB) or BC then I have nothing to say to you because you dont understand football. Florida State has consistently executed its offensive gameplan against all competition it faced, and gotten better through ever game this season.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

easy money. FSU is ONCE AGAIN... OVERRATED. They get beat by anybody with a pulse. Clemson has a much stronger offense. They're battle tested and GETTING POINTS at HOME against an untested team with a FRESHMAN QB.
    Why is FSU favored in the first place, though?

Something tells me this isn't the "easy money" it looks like on paper.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why is FSU favored in the first place, though?

Something tells me this isn't the "easy money" it looks like on paper.
    Clemson was +3 vs Georgia. Do you think FSU is worse than Georgia?
    Last edited by pavyracer; 10-14-13 at 01:01 PM.

JabooFootball

Clemson proved on saturday that its defense does not have the team speed to hang with FSU's skill positions. If they play a first half like they did against bc they will be down 3-4 touchdowns.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The big question here is whether the freshman Winston is a winner. FSU has had talent for years but come up short because of a lack of leadership in big games. If this kid is the real deal then FSU likely wins.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

If nothing else the early activity in this thread, clearly shows the correct play.

Stay Away, and enjoy a top 5 showdown

JabooFootball

Lkid if the point total opens in the low 60s would you consider the over?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Clemson was +3 vs Georgia. Do you think FSU is worse than Georgia?
    Hard to say. FSU hasn't played anyone. Literally.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Clemson proved on saturday that its defense does not have the team speed to hang with FSU's skill positions. If they play a first half like they did against bc they will be down 3-4 touchdowns.
    Didn't BC hang 34 on FSU?

JabooFootball

FSU/Clemson totals last 5 years
    2012- 85
    2011- 65
    2010- 29
    2009- 64
    2008- 68

Florida States defense is more inexperienced this year than any of the previous 5.

JabooFootball

Absolutely. Im not saying clemson is not going to score on FSU, Im saying if clemson makes mistakes early they will be in quite the hole. I think a more important factor than how many points boston college put up on each team is how many points each team put up on BC. FSU doubled clemson in scoring and FSU was on the road. I expect this game to be a lot like last years.

First 12345 ... Last