Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Florida/Missouri

Everybody probably busy with NFL now to chime in.

Gators -3 is a gift, Mizzou starting QB James Franklin out for year, the explosive Tiger offense will be different with freshman Maty Mauk starting against the stout Gator defense. Florida should be able to put up points and get at least 27-35 points vs the Mizzou average defense.

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

florida blows

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    florida blows
    that is the best you got, please provide some useful info.. why do they blow

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

highest scoring game this season 31 pts

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    highest scoring game this season 31 pts
    1st 2 game with Driskel starting, he's the one that blow chunks, offense a lot smoother with Murphy running the show...Mizzou defense allowing nearly 28 ppg every game, I don't think Mizzou reaches that with a new QB getting his 1st start

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is Mizu lucky to win two more games this year do not take Missouri and more lost a major player

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

got to agree franklin is an nfl type qb. this other guy, probably scrub city

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Don't sleep on this guy. He almost beat out Franklin for the starting spot. He' was ranked 7th in the nation among Dual threat QB's coming out of high school. I am a Mizzou homer though, but just because he's the backup, don't assume the offense won't still put up points. He was recruited by some big time programs too. Not to mention, with Mizzou's big WR's, might not be to tough for him to get comfortable.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Gators don't do well in the cold. It's going to be very cold for them in Columbia this week.

JRoZe410
    JRoZe410's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2768

I see Fla with no problem covering the spread.Already locked it in before it goes above -3.

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    Don't sleep on this guy. He almost beat out Franklin for the starting spot. He' was ranked 7th in the nation among Dual threat QB's coming out of high school. I am a Mizzou homer though, but just because he's the backup, don't assume the offense won't still put up points. He was recruited by some big time programs too. Not to mention, with Mizzou's big WR's, might not be to tough for him to get comfortable.
    He might be a top recruit, but he has no game experience, 3 passing attempts for the redshirt freshman. Stiffed test for him going vs the Gators defense...he's the brother Ben Mauk, who couldn't keep the starting job at LSU...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Tigers secondary is soft, Gators should be able to throw on them.

I think Gators 1st half will be a good option too, might take a few series for the kid to adjusted to game speed.

Fading the new QB angle has been doing great year, ULM and Utah St. didnt cover ATS with new QB's...Browning and Keeton was the focal point of the offense

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think Mizzou gets beat pretty well here. This will by far be the toughest D they have faced all year, and doing so with a new qb will be tough. If Florida can run the ball effectively they will win. If Mizzou can shut down their run and force murphy to throw they stand a chance.

Just dont' see Mizzou scoring many points here.

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Florida wins .. Florida D is one of the best in nation.. Moneyline Florida guys and you will win

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Also coming off a loss to LSU, these boys ready to play.. Florida moneyline all day.. Also for you guys taking clemson, beware. Florida state gonna shut em down.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    He might be a top recruit, but he has no game experience, 3 passing attempts for the redshirt freshman. Stiffed test for him going vs the Gators defense...he's the brother Ben Mauk, who couldn't keep the starting job at LSU...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Tigers secondary is soft, Gators should be able to throw on them.

I think Gators 1st half will be a good option too, might take a few series for the kid to adjusted to game speed.

Fading the new QB angle has been doing great year, ULM and Utah St. didnt cover ATS with new QB's...Browning and Keeton was the focal point of the offense
    Ben Mauk played at Wake Forrest the transferred to Cinci
    Matt Mauk played at LSU- Matt Mauk holds the LSU record for most TD passes in a season, as well as led them to a national championship.
    Matt Flynn was beat out for the starting job at LSU by Jamarcus Russel, maybe thats the source of the confusion.
    Last edited by JabooFootball; 10-14-13 at 02:45 PM.

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Ben Mauk played at Wake Forrest the transferred to Cinci
    Matt Mauk played at LSU- Matt Mauk holds the LSU record for most TD passes in a season, as well as led them to a national championship.
    Matt Flynn was beat out for the starting job at LSU by Jamarcus Russel, maybe thats the source of the confusion.
    You're right, I had a brain fart moment. I couldn't pinpoint the exact schools and names.

NeilV
    NeilV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    1st 2 game with Driskel starting, he's the one that blow chunks, offense a lot smoother with Murphy running the show...Mizzou defense allowing nearly 28 ppg every game, I don't think Mizzou reaches that with a new QB getting his 1st start
    Agree Heinekens. Mizzou is a different team without Franklin. Tigers has a balanced offense and leans heavily on its running game. We know it's tough to run against Gators' defense. I also see Murphy is an upgrade from Driskel. Gators will win by 7 to 10 points.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would strongly recommend people take a look at what Mauk can do before they decide to fade the rookie. Strong arm, very accurate, he doesn't panic under pressure, and he keeps his eyes downfield. Mizzou also has a very good set of RBs that they can lean on. Florida continues to be overrated, although they are definitely better with Murphy than Driskel.

I don't think this is an unfair line at all.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

gators rb out for the season

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Damn I didnt even know Mizzou QB got hurt vs UGA

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

You have to take Florida -3 here, even if they don't cover. Mizzu is an up and down team and they beat a battered Georgia team that had zero offensive players left and a worn out defense that has given up points all year. With Franklin out, you can't count on a backup against a great Florida defense.

I'm not worried that starting RB Jones is out for the year for Florida, as Mack Brown leads the team in rushing, due to Jones starting the year not playing due to a viral infection and they also have a freshman Kelvin Taylor who had 10 carries for 52 yards against LSU.

Losing Jones is not as bad as it seems and having a redshirt freshman QB in Maty Mauk who has only attempted 6 passes in his career, will be the deciding factor in this game.