existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

his staff is just as bad. McGwire worst hitting coach in league and Honeycutt has never groomed a single pitcher within the organization.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donny sucks which still has me scratching my head it's not that hard to be a good baseball manager but Donny has bad luck Ryu going down ....billingsley never coming back ...joc can't hit to save his life after looking like the NL rookie of the year the first half ,puig has lost his power bullpen is suspect as hell. Now the whole team is back on the dodgers "we can't score more than a few runs a game" bs. Fire him an d bring in who though?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Donny sucks which still has me scratching my head it's not that hard to be a good baseball manager but Donny has bad luck Ryu going down ....billingsley never coming back ...joc can't hit to save his life after looking like the NL rookie of the year the first half ,puig has lost his power bullpen is suspect as hell. Now the whole team is back on the dodgers "we can't score more than a few runs a game" bs. Fire him an d bring in who though?
    Would you fire him now, teaser?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know ....I just got word that eithier undressed him in the dugout...didn't puig show up late to bp in these playoffs. He should probably go but who do you bring in ...the team is soft who fixes that ...they have no fire or heart ...they're LA the halos have fire so what gives?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    ...or the next year? Such a large payroll with top pitchers, veterans, and strong line up. How could you lose to the Cardinals using your best starters? What would you do?
    The Dodgers are not that good. 2 solid Aces and a bat or 2, but nothing scary good about that team. I don't blame Mattingly.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Something to keep in mind, he led an expensive line-up as victims to a no-hitter against Astros pitching. They've giving Donny the best line-up and pitching staff in the league. What else do you want?
    Best lineup and pitching staff? Are you on crack.

Dodgers had the best 1-2 pitching combo, but that lineup is chalked with over the hill losers.

Rollins, Crawford, Ethier, Etc...

You Dodger homers are delusional.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Fired

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Best lineup and pitching staff? Are you on crack.

Dodgers had the best 1-2 pitching combo, but that lineup is chalked with over the hill losers.

Rollins, Crawford, Ethier, Etc...

You Dodger homers are delusional.
    They didn't start, they only pinch hit. Ethier was in the line-up, but he was a key bat in the lineup.
    Either way, I'm no dodger fan. Ask Mayan that. I just thought they had a good chance this year, lol.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

The bullpen is atrocious. If they weren't hitting home runs they weren't scoring. Kershaw and Greinke can't hold teams to 1-2 runs every game pitched. Why was Mattingly starting Grandal who was 4 for 84? Hell of a baseball player.....terrible as a manager. Better manager takes them deeper.

deadstare
    deadstare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

the garbage front office needs to go. garbage pitching acquisitions and bust trades.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Well, no need to have Donny fired as he parted ways today.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He unofficially got fired

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I don't think the Dodgers should have fired him.. They ran into a Mets buzz saw.. Dodgers had the Mets on the ropes too.. Final game at Dodgers.. Players came up short not the manager IMO..

First 12