frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Louisville's national title hopes are over

I think their chances were slim going in but they are over after tonight, they needed to blow out Rutgers infront of a national audience to have any kind of chance instead they looked mediocre.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

They had national title aspirations?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Rutgers is a decent team. They cant keep covering spreads like that. Odddmakers had no choice but to set line too high even on a thursday nighter

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    They had national title aspirations?
    I never thought they did, ESPN and other media tried to drum it up though. But their schedule is far worse than the Boise State, Utah, TCU teams that made BCS runs in the past and none of those teams made title game, their schedule is closer to the one Hawaii or Northern Illinois last year went unbeaten with.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

They look like shit at home Teddys Heisman hopes pretty much dead as well now that the nc hopes dashed...... They seriously should have blown Rutgers out of the water if they were really the number 8 team in the nation...any other top 10 team smokes rutgers

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

I hope this is the last thread about the Cardinals going to the BCS championship, I don't care if they go undefeated for the season. Their SOS is a joke, they will get their shit kick in BCS bowl game by a SEC or PAC 12 team.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    I hope this is the last thread about the Cardinals going to the BCS championship, I don't care if they go undefeated for the season. Their SOS is a joke, they will get their shit kick in BCS bowl game by a SEC or PAC 12 team.
    most likely an SEC team winner of Stanford v Oregon most likely plays in NC game loser plays in Rose bowl vs ohio st Georgia,LSU,Bama, or maybe even Texas AM will get ahold of louisville and blow their doors off.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Should still make a BCS game though.

Teddy, however, I don't know what it is, but every time I watch him I can't believe he's the top QB.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

FSU 52
    Rutgers 7

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Should still make a BCS game though.

Teddy, however, I don't know what it is, but every time I watch him I can't believe he's the top QB.
    Johnny football runs circles around Bridgewater.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They never had a shot at playing in the BCS Championship game. Even if they went undefeated and beat every opponent by 20 points they still won't be in the BCS Championship game.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bridewater gets drafted by browns next year book it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They beat Rutgers handily. Didn't they pick that douche QB Rutgers has 5 times?

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You don't beat a team handily if you don't cover the spread.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

rutgers was never going to give the cards more than 30 pts

2nd tier team i knew it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    You don't beat a team handily if you don't cover the spread.
    Who cares about the spread. Look at the stats. Louisville dominated.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Who cares about the spread. Look at the stats. Louisville dominated.
    they looked bad they will drop in polls most likely

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

so rutgers is penalized by pavyracer by being total studs in the redzone

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    they looked bad they will drop in polls most likely
    I think the school is more concerned over Brownwater dropping his draft stock, because they know if Brownwater goes #1 it means better recruits for years to come.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably true considering the square public but nothing wrong with winning like this......Bama doesn't look pretty every win and I'm obviously an SEC guy

8 team playoff is the only way.......4 teams is better but not enough
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Noles1992

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

They had their #1 receiver out before the game and their #2 injured at HT. Bridgewater had no one to throw to 2nd half. But the defense played superb. Like a true #1 contender.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Probably true considering the square public but nothing wrong with winning like this......Bama doesn't look pretty every win and I'm obviously an SEC guy

8 team playoff is the only way.......4 teams is better but not enough
    Just said the same thing in some idiots post trying to bust on LKID. Everyone has games like this included the undefeated

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    Just said the same thing in some idiots post trying to bust on LKID. Everyone has games like this included the undefeated
    It is not one game Brownwater has played bad versus a good defense. He has been mostly bad versus good defenses. You have Syracuse, Connecticut, and now Rutgers twice. The good defenses he has beat Florida and Cincinnati. If he is having trouble versus good college defenses then he will have a lot of trouble with NFL defenses.

Brownwater doesn't face many good defenses with that garbage Louisville schedule.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-10-13 at 11:13 PM.

Noles1992

I hear ya, it wasnt in reference to him or what you said, as much as throwing a team under the bus for winning by 2tds instead of 3tds. Not sure if teddy will make it or not in the Pros nor am I sure Lvillle will even beat UCF next week.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I never thought they did, ESPN and other media tried to drum it up though. But their schedule is far worse than the Boise State, Utah, TCU teams that made BCS runs in the past and none of those teams made title game, their schedule is closer to the one Hawaii or Northern Illinois last year went unbeaten with.
    BSU TCU and Utah would have smoked this team faster Ricky Williams. Won by 14 on a night that RU played their worst game of the year offensively. Teddy was exposed

DoYouNotGetIT

I hear ya, it wasnt in reference to him or what you said, as much as throwing a team under the bus for winning by 2tds instead of 3tds. Not sure if teddy will make it or not in the Pros nor am I sure Lvillle will even beat UCF next week.
    I am not saying he won't make it, but to be taken in the top 5 means you are a Hall of Fame player, Super Bowl title with your drafted team, or bust. Nobody considers Steve McNair a great draft pick.

I won't take Brownwater with a first round pick, but I will crap on your opinion if you think he is a top 5 pick.

Vegas39

With their schedule they need to be winning big for any shot at title game. Agree about UCF game could see them losing

Vegas39

I am not saying he won't make it, but to be taken in the top 5 means you are a Hall of Fame player, Super Bowl title with your drafted team, or bust. Nobody considers Steve McNair a great draft pick.

I won't take Brownwater with a first round pick, but I will crap on your opinion if you think he is a top 5 pick.

Top 5 busts too ( insert Ryan Leaf joke here )

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

He's going top 3 guaranteed

DoYouNotGetIT

He's going top 3 guaranteed
    I agree that it is likely to happen, but doesn't mean it is a smart decision like taking Cam Newton or Alex Smith with the #1 pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Post of the night there not living in the same we Bridgwater is a nice player please a but backup NFL quarterback he just seems like a typical black quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Johnny football runs circles around Bridgewater.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I agree that it is likely to happen, but doesn't mean it is a smart decision like taking Cam Newton or Alex Smith with the #1 pick.
    They're decent NFL QBs could do much worse like JaMarcus Russell.....Teams are desperate to find a franchise QB so they will reach for guys

I like Bridgewater alot though, what don't you like?

Noles1992

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    With their schedule they need to be winning big for any shot at title game. Agree about UCF game could see them losing
    Yeah curious to see the line, as I was thinking about taking UCF.
    Even if they win big the rest of the season obviously too much has too happen for them to get in ahead of a 1 loss Oregon, Bama ,Uga, Clemson, Fsu, Ohio st. etc. Just because of all there remaining schedules against a few highly ranked teams, actually Ohio st. doesn't have an excuse to lose 1 either from this point on.
    But if all the above were too take a major crap against a very poor team, than that would make for an interesting scenario
    Last edited by Noles1992; 10-10-13 at 11:58 PM.

DoYouNotGetIT

They're decent NFL QBs could do much worse like JaMarcus Russell.....Teams are desperate to find a franchise QB so they will reach for guys

I like Bridgewater alot though, what don't you like?
    His throwing ability in and out of the pocket. His throwing ability in the pocket espcially. His running ability is average for a running QB. Playing in a college style offense. His inability to read defenses. Playing bad vs. good defenses. People fall in love with his ability to beat up on bad teams and not throw INTs.

I am not a guy who hates black QBs. I liked Vince Young (still think Texas made a mistake by not taking him) and Terrelle Pryor. Pryor only problem is he needs to learn to read defenses and audible. Also got slammed on here saying I would still take Russell Wilson over Andrew Luck on here.

I also think it is better to go bust on a QB pick than to get a Alex Smith, Christian Ponder, or Cam Newton, because you can be a middle of the road team with them as QB. Easier to rebuild when drafting a crap QB. If you're talking about going to a Super Bowl. I know the exception with Alex Smith and the 49ers.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-11-13 at 12:28 AM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

His throwing ability in and out of the pocket. His throwing ability in the pocket espcially. His running ability is average for a running QB. Playing in a college style offense. His inability to read defenses. Playing bad vs. good defenses. People fall in love with his ability to beat up on bad teams and not throw INTs.

I am not a guy who hates black QBs. I liked Vince Young (still think Texas made a mistake by not taking him) and Terrelle Pryor. Pryor only problem is he needs to learn to read defenses and audible.
    He's not a running QB......And he did not play great at all tonight but he's pretty damn accurate and has improved every season as a whole

Inability to read defenses? He wouldn't have such good numbers this year and last season......

I don't think he's the best ever but he's promising as an NFL prospect

Probably needs to be put in a good situation with solid coaching though

12 Last