slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    FTFY. Team game. He isn't the same in the playoffs, though, won't disagree. Average seems pushing it. But still, my point is his level of play overall is the highest there is.
    I agree, it's a team game. But some QBs find a another level in the playoffs, Joe Montana is a great example.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I agree, it's a team game. But some QBs find a another level in the playoffs, Joe Montana is a great example.
    +1. I got nothing against Manning, I just calls it as I sees it. Right now he will not go down as one of the best ever due to his mediocre history in the playoffs. If he goes on to win a Super Bowl in Denver, that analysis will certainly change. But two thing I notice from all of Manning's staunchest supporters are: 1) They are always blaming everyone else for Manning's shortcomings, and 2) They are always assigning Manning things he hasn't done yet in order to bolster their support (i.e. "Manning will win another Superbowl ring within the next three years guaranteed")

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good call Pauly.

Are you a Broncos Fan?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Manning playoff record is really skew if you look at objectionally. Mannig probably had at least 7-8 1st round bye which is equavalent to 1 wildcard win since you automatically advance to the 2nd round. Average QB like flacco or Farce is going to have a better looking playoff resume because they have more games to get to A to B.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    good call Pauly.

Are you a Broncos Fan?
    Nah but I'm a new Peyton Manning fan for the fact I have tons of $$$$ vested on futures involving him and the Broncos this year..........

So I guess you could say I am a Broncos fan..

The Haley managed Steelers are worthless, until he is gone and possibly Tomlin if he in fact is the reason Haley is still around.......

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Come playoff time it's same old... Always has been

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Manning playoff record is really skew if you look at objectionally. Mannig probably had at least 7-8 1st round bye which is equavalent to 1 wildcard win since you automatically advance to the 2nd round.
    Lame response. By the way, the actual number is 5. Give him those 5 wins (which is generous since he certainly would have lost a couple in there) and he is 14-11. Meanwhile, for comparison, Brady has had 7 so that would make his record 24-7.

Skinsbaby
    Skinsbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

So many haters....Who wouldn't want Manning as their teams QB! If he does lose in the playoffs, It will be because of his sorry ass Defense!....Disclosure not a Denver fan!

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Skinsbaby View Post
    So many haters....Who wouldn't want Manning as their teams QB! If he does lose in the playoffs, It will be because of his sorry ass Defense!....Disclosure not a Denver fan!
    Not acceptable!!

For example....Denver gives up a 70 yard hail mary w/30 seconds left last year which has never happened in a playoff game in my lifetime = Manning chokes again

thechaoz

Damn I wanted Denver in the bowl.. Complete destruction

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Skinsbaby View Post
    Or pick sixes down one score in the super bowl?

PAULYPOKER

One word for Manning's come from behind and scalping of the lowly Indians today...........

Whoa!!!!

PAULYPOKER

31 fukkin points in one quarter!!

You have got to be fukkin kidding me!!

WTF!!

ManningRest of the NFL

PAULYPOKER

Manning's next victimSan Diego

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Chargers ML

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    +1. I got nothing against Manning, I just calls it as I sees it. Right now he will not go down as one of the best ever due to his mediocre history in the playoffs. If he goes on to win a Super Bowl in Denver, that analysis will certainly change. But two thing I notice from all of Manning's staunchest supporters are: 1) They are always blaming everyone else for Manning's shortcomings, and 2) They are always assigning Manning things he hasn't done yet in order to bolster their support (i.e. "Manning will win another Superbowl ring within the next three years guaranteed")
    He is without a doubt going down as one of the best of all time regardless of if he ever wins another playoff game. This is the same Kobe vs LBJ argument, and the Romo is overrated argument. Romo is obviously a top 4 QB and has been since he became a starter. Just like Peyton has been the best or 2nd best QB every single year the past, what, 8 years?. Rings are the most overrated thing in the history of sport. No sport is a 1 vs 1 game. The best TEAM wins the championship every single year, in every single sport. It doesn't matter who has the best individual player. Good thing we have stats and advanced stats to determine who is the best individual, otherwise everyone would thin Kobe is better than guys like LBJ and KD, and people would think Romo and Peyton are overrated.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    He is without a doubt going down as one of the best of all time regardless of if he ever wins another playoff game. This is the same Kobe vs LBJ argument, and the Romo is overrated argument. Romo is obviously a top 4 QB and has been since he became a starter. Just like Peyton has been the best or 2nd best QB every single year the past, what, 8 years?. Rings are the most overrated thing in the history of sport. No sport is a 1 vs 1 game. The best TEAM wins the championship every single year, in every single sport. It doesn't matter who has the best individual player. Good thing we have stats and advanced stats to determine who is the best individual, otherwise everyone would thin Kobe is better than guys like LBJ and KD, and people would think Romo and Peyton are overrated.
    Romo has been a top 4 QB since 2006? What color is the sky is your world? I do think Romo gets a bum rap sometimes, but I've never had him in the top 4 ever. For me, Romo is a borderline top 10 type guy, sorta like Eli/Ben except without the playoff wins. Top 4 QB has steadily been Brady/Peyton/Brees/Rodgers for years. Filling out the rest of the top 10 is guys like Luck, CK, Ryan, RW and maybe RGIII if he ever gets close to healthy again. So far this year, Romo is having one of his best seasons, maybe I'll put him around #10 at the moment, but that's about the highest I've ever rated him.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Romo is overrated argument. Romo is obviously a top 4 QB and has been since he became a starter.
    Stopped reading soon as this delusional BELIEF came up..

WHOA!

PAULYPOKER

Game Leaders

D
    E
    N

• PASS:

PAULYPOKER

Manning's next victimKansas City+8

When is the last time you saw an undefeated NFL team halfway through the season as an underdog let alone an 8 fukkin point underdog!?

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Right now he will not go down as one of the best ever due to his mediocre history in the playoffs.
    lolwut

This is beyond retarded. He may not be THE ABSOLUTE GOATEST GOAT TO EVER GOAT but he is certainly one of the best ever regardless of what happens from here on out.

He is the most cerebral QB to ever play the game and has elevated the position to basically be that of offensive coach. Super Bowl wins are a team stat. Peyton is gonna own basically all the meaningful QB records.

You might as well try and convince me you'd rather have Eli.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Manning's next victimKansas City+8

When is the last time you saw an undefeated NFL team halfway through the season as an underdog let alone an 8 fukkin point underdog!?
    So, PaulyRavens, I'm guessing you are on KC+8 this week?

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

And how will the Broncos with Peyton be the contenders to won SB this year w/ their garbage D?

PAULYPOKER

Manning's next victimNew England +2.5

In case you haven't noticed,this is the worst New England team under Bellichick to date........
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-20-13 at 08:24 PM.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Last night was not Manning's fault of course. Knowshon Moreno could have done a lot more to help. What's a good team Denver has beaten the last 2 seasons?

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

In case you haven't noticed,this is the worst New England team under Belichick to date........

If this is true...what does that say about Bill Belichick coached teams?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by New England Pats View Post
    If this is true...what does that say about Bill Belichick coached teams?
    Belichick was the last Cleveland Browns head coach to win a playoff game. Just think about that for a minute.

boatofcapper177
    boatofcapper177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Pauly SMH just close ya mouth you will sound smarter! haha
    Including myself.........

I never liked Manning for the fact of his uncanny choking ability when it counts the most.
    But this year he is a Cyborg and nothing will stop him in getting his 2nd ring.......

This will put him above all QB's including that's right Joe Montana........

And you can take that to the bank...........

BriGuy

In case you haven't noticed,this is the worst New England team under Bellichick to date........
    And yet they were still good enough to beat Manning. Good call, brah!

frostno98

Great news for Manning is his ankle is almost 100% healthy, and he won't be playing in any stadiums with 18 mph gusting wind the rest of the way.

slacker00

Great news for Manning is his ankle is almost 100% healthy, and he won't be playing in any stadiums with 18 mph gusting wind the rest of the way.
    So, you have Broncos as a wild card going to Indy and losing?

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Not acceptable!!

For example....Denver gives up a 70 yard hail mary w/30 seconds left last year which has never happened in a playoff game in my lifetime = Manning chokes again
    sorry have to respond to this.... ok sure the defense gave up the 70 yd td.... but denver had TWO special teams td which the ravens usually never give up.... denver may have not even been in the game without that. plus manning had two picks in the game... one pretty much IN FG range for baltimore. so yea.... manning did choke in that game.
    Points Awarded:

face gave BMoreBird 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    sorry have to respond to this.... ok sure the defense gave up the 70 yd td.... but denver had TWO special teams td which the ravens usually never give up.... denver may have not even been in the game without that. plus manning had two picks in the game... one pretty much IN FG range for baltimore. so yea.... manning did choke in that game.
    And you know for certain the Broncos would not have score on those possession, okay nastradamus.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

And you know for certain the Broncos would not have score on those possession, okay nastradamus.
    they are stupid as shit. it wasn't a real playoff game for manning because his special teams made plays

let's go back and see if the Saints win the SB if they didn't get the onside kick and score a TD and take all momentum in that game

fukkn idiots around here

BriGuy

So, by your own admission, he won't be playing in East Rutherford. Got'cha..!!

First 123456 Last