t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Giants now 0-5 ... Worst team in the league not named the Jaguars

LOL. What a joke.

How this team has fallen off a cliff.

Crustyidiot is slitting his wrists right now.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

you are the best post-game capper ever.

keep it up, airboy.

lol

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Giants haven't even won a half yet

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    you are the best post-game capper ever.

keep it up, airboy.

lol

You bet on the Giants again.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Writing was on the wall before the season started. Defense hasn't been the same since the their Super Bowl run and they can't run the ball.

If you can't play defense and can't run, you aren't going to win many games. NYG and Pit have been so good in the past because they ran and played great defense. Now neither team can do either.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Nothing like seeing the new york giants lose a lot. I dont hate them anymore now though- cause they suck

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manning is the direct blame

He looks like he is finished

Throwing into coverage caught up to him

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This team sucked last year too. Why does nobody remember that.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Eli is an elite QB.....

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Writing was on the wall before the season started. Defense hasn't been the same since the their Super Bowl run and they can't run the ball.

If you can't play defense and can't run, you aren't going to win many games. NYG and Pit have been so good in the past because they ran and played great defense. Now neither team can do either.

They carried some momentum from the Super Bowl early last year but you could see this coming at the end of last season.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

who cares

ny giants are the only team tow in 2 superbowls in the past 6 years

eli manning is a 2 time superbowl mvp

he has already had an elite career

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

These pieces of shyt will end up with clowney too
    Fukk me

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Perry Fewell should not be an NFL defensive coordinator, He is a black affirmative action higher that has no business running this defense. His schemes are lame, and that's with a full deck of cards.

I am not sure you guys realize this, but the Giants were down to practice squad cornerbacks. Their top 4 cornerbacks were out, so what happens when you need to run a nickel defense?

The right side of the offensive line has been a disaster. Will Beaty has been a disaster.
    The RB position has been a disaster after Andrew Brown got hurt and David Wilson fumbled twice.
    Nicks was hurt and didn't do anything to this week.

So Eli Manning is in 3rd and 9 after 3rd and 9 with crappy blocking, what do you expect to happen? He is not going to throw a 3 yard pass and punt. Manning is a winner and he'd rather throw a 10 yard pass to move the chains or get a penalty or go home. How many loser QB's do you see that throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 10 and are completly ok with punting?

If it was 3rd and 4 and Eli had blocking they'd be moving the chains. His stats aren't a reflection of him, it is a reflection of crappy blocking and no run game, and the Giants defense has been a disaster also. Picking up guys off the practice squad and guys like Brandon Jacobs off the couch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wagerjunkie

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    who cares

ny giants are the only team tow in 2 superbowls in the past 6 years

eli manning is a 2 time superbowl mvp

he has already had an elite career

ok then why hasnt he retired?

so if you do good a few years back its okay to suck like shit later on?

just curious zeta cause i know its killing you as a new yorker seeing all the local teams stink in every sport.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    These pieces of shyt will end up with clowney too
    Fukk me
    nah..they need OL bad

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Never really saw anything special about this team even during SB years. They were a .500 squad who waited till the final week to get in or be allowed in the backdoor. Always underachieved on both sides of the ball and would lose so many reg season games they should have won. Sure they were nails in those years when Jan hit and won 2 titles congrats. However I still put a small asterisk next to each with a lackluster reg season and 2 SB wins that basically came down to a lucky catch and a lucky drop!

C-Gold

The Giants have O-Line.

Chris Snee makes the pro bowl every year and he plays RG but he is out for the year.
    David Bass is a decent center but he is injured.
    Pugh is only a rookie at RT, but he shows some promise but right now he's still a rookie.

Beatty is OK but he had problems covering top pass rushers 1 on 1.
    Boothe is guard the giants have that come out of the ivy league and backed up a few years.

The line has been a disaster. It's not unblocked rushers coming after guys, Eli makes sure that doesn't happen, it is incompetence. It is guys getting beat 1 on 1 which is much harder to fix. The way you fix that is with new players.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Never really saw anything special about this team even during SB years. They were a .500 squad who waited till the final week to get in or be allowed in the backdoor. Always underachieved on both sides of the ball and would lose so many reg season games they should have won. Sure they were nails in those years when Jan hit and won 2 titles congrats. However I still put a small asterisk next to each with a lackluster reg season and 2 SB wins that basically came down to a lucky catch and a lucky drop!
    You don't win 2 super bowls by luck. The Giants also had a 13-3 season mixed in there.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Not saying they did not have a great game plan and earn the rings. Just saying either SB could have easily gone either way with a dropped helmet catch by whats his fukk or if Welker makes that grab he normally catches probably 7 outta 10 times. Teams going .500 and underachieving all year and winning 2 SB's in a short span unheard of as well. Giants have always been bitten by the injury bug maybe more than most. But still plenty of talent to lack the consistency they should.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

tt knew

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Season wins Over 9 1/2 for Atlanta: yawn easy win
    bears over 8 1/2
    cinc over 8 1/2
    cowboys over 8 1/2
    green bay under 10 1/2
    giants under 9, long year for the giants

More importantly have fun and remember the key to being a successful gambler besides picking winners
    is bankroll management.

I will post my fantasy props for this sunday as well as that is my specialty.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    You don't win 2 super bowls by luck. The Giants also had a 13-3 season mixed in there.

most teams that win the superbowl get luck to win it.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    tt knew

so i guess he knew that atl is gonna go 9-3 the rest of the way

C-Gold

Not saying they did not have a great game plan and earn the rings. Just saying either SB could have easily gone either way with a dropped helmet catch by whats his fukk or if Welker makes that grab he normally catches probably 7 outta 10 times. Teams going .500 and underachieving all year and winning 2 SB's in a short span unheard of as well. Giants have always been bitten by the injury bug maybe more than most. But still plenty of talent to lack the consistency they should.
    Giants beat an 18-0 Patriots team that Patriots fans were calling the best team ever.

Giants beat a Packers team that lost 1 game in Green Bay and was the heavy favorite to win the super bowl.

I still think Eli's best game ever was winning @ SF in the NFC championship against that dominant defense.

Coughlin is a disciplinarian and it is hard to stay focused for 16 games with him. Plus the Giants had a lot of injuries those years and still won. If you think those teams "got lucky" then I don't think you understand much about football. Giants followed up that "fluke" super bowl with a 13-3 record the next year. They had an excellent draft in 07' and those young players matured.

lakerboy

Giants beat an 18-0 Patriots team that Patriots fans were calling the best team ever.

Giants beat a Packers team that lost 1 game in Green Bay and was the heavy favorite to win the super bowl.

I still think Eli's best game ever was winning @ SF in the NFC championship against that dominant defense.

Coughlin is a disciplinarian and it is hard to stay focused for 16 games with him. Plus the Giants had a lot of injuries those years and still won. If you think those teams "got lucky" then I don't think you understand much about football. Giants followed up that "fluke" super bowl with a 13-3 record the next year. They had an excellent draft in 07' and those young players matured.

he made some very clutch throws there but it took a fluke play from ted ginn to win that game

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

C-Gold you obviously missed my point No problem though I enjoy your right ups!

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    he made some very clutch throws there but it took a fluke play from ted ginn to win that game
    Alex Smith played the Trent Dilfer role very well also but you have to WIN super bowls and Eli went into SF and made great play after great play, held onto the ball to the last possible second and put his WRs in position to makes plays and they did. Eli knows pass protections better than anybody and he neutralized that rush. It was one of the best QB games I have ever seen. That defense was dominant and at home where they are that much better.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I really hate to say because I am a Giants fan but I think his voice is failing on deaf ears now in the locker room. he's completely lost the players, besides Tuck and few other vets.

it's been a long time coming too, us Giants fans all know his horrific 2nd half collapse record which almost lead to his firing before but the SBs saved him. like you said its tough for these guys to stay focused for him for 16 games cause he's so hard on them, eventually it's going to go in and out on ear, which is now happening.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

What don't you get about my statement EITHER SB COULD HAVE EASILY GONE EITHER WAY! Never said they did not earn the rings but it is fact that those 2 games basically came down to 2 catches deciding them at the end. Tyree makes a circus grab and Welka lets a tough one go he makes more often than not. Again G-men have had injury problems a lot in recents years but they do underachieve Sept thru Dec on a consistent basis. I watch a lot of NYG games my cousin is a huge fan so I am pretty familiar with the ups and downs of this squad.

C-Gold

C-Gold you obviously missed my point No problem though I enjoy your right ups!
    Who cares, when 2 good play each other there are usually a few "key plays" that turn the tide in the game, so what?

The Patriots went to 5 super bowls in the Brady/Bellicheck era.

They "barley" beat the Rams.
    They "barley" beat the Jake Delhomme Panthers.
    They "barley" beat the Donovan Mcnabb Eagles in Jacksonville.

Should we say that Tom brady doesn't deserve those 3 super bowls? People just thought they had Eli Manning pegged as a loser for the first few years of his career, and then when he comes out and plays better and wins they still don't believe it. It is called bias.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

And speaking of luck in the Frisco game you speak of who was the bonehead that muffed 2 punts for SF to give the Giants that win! Rarely agree with LB but like he said luck does play a role at times.

lakerboy

Alex Smith played the Trent Dilfer role very well also but you have to WIN super bowls and Eli went into SF and made great play after great play, held onto the ball to the last possible second and put his WRs in position to makes plays and they did. Eli knows pass protections better than anybody and he neutralized that rush. It was one of the best QB games I have ever seen. That defense was dominant and at home where they are that much better.

he was definitely in the zone out there. im not gonna deny eli his rings cause i wanted the giants to win both times but i think they had a LOT of things bounce there way

C-Gold

What don't you get about my statement EITHER SB COULD HAVE EASILY GONE EITHER WAY! Never said they did not earn the rings but it is fact that those 2 games basically came down to 2 catches deciding them at the end. Tyree makes a circus grab and Welka lets a tough one go he makes more often than not. Again G-men have had injury problems a lot in recents years but they do underachieve Sept thru Dec on a consistent basis. I watch a lot of NYG games my cousin is a huge fan so I am pretty familiar with the ups and downs of this squad.
    Tom Brady is 1 play away from being 0-5 in super bowls.

lakerboy

Who cares, when 2 good play each other there are usually a few "key plays" that turn the tide in the game, so what?

The Patriots went to 5 super bowls in the Brady/Bellicheck era.

They "barley" beat the Rams.
    They "barley" beat the Jake Delhomme Panthers.
    They "barley" beat the Donovan Mcnabb Eagles in Jacksonville.

Should we say that Tom brady doesn't deserve those 3 super bowls? People just thought they had Eli Manning pegged as a loser for the first few years of his career, and then when he comes out and plays better and wins they still don't believe it. It is called bias.

that game was not as close as the final score. eagles really lost by 10

C-Gold

And speaking of luck in the Frisco game you speak of who was the bonehead that muffed 2 punts for SF to give the Giants that win! Rarely agree with LB but like he said luck does play a role at times.
    Of course "luck matters".

Peyton manning has had a lot of "bad luck", but you need a certain basis of skill to even be in position to get to the super bowl and win. I don't see Average qb's make it throught he gauntlet of the playoffs and then winning it. The hardest part about winning the super bowl, especially as a wild card is getting there.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Guess my main point is for a team that won 2 Super Bowls in a short span and that has a great QB we have never seen any true consistency outta this group. So guess I'm just not shocked as some at the 0-5 start.

12 Last