Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

If Dusty was white he would've been banned from MLB years ago...

Can you imagine what would have happened to a white boy if he had said: During the heat of summer I play my black and latino players because they play better in the heat. it is in their DNA

Paraphrased ^

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6377

Baker made the playoffs the last 3 seasons, gets fired.

Ron Gardenhire loses 90+ games the last 3 seasons, he gets an extension.

Makes sense.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is claiming racism. Lets see the proof.

Enuff talk. Step up and prove it Baker

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Baker claiming racism? Figures.

Worst game manager in the league for a long time. Ruins pitchers. Not that intelligent. Negligent parent (remember that shit?). Anyone who can't figure out why this guy got fired didn't follow him very closely.

I loved the fact that Cincy was the most talented team in the NL for years, but always had that magoo holding them back.

As a Cards fan, I loved it when he would flip out for no reason. So for example (and this exact scenario happened several times), Retard Zambrano would plunk one of our players out of rage (usually Edmonds for whatever reason), Cards would retaliate, and Baker would LOSE HIS MIND, as if he didn't understand what was happening (he probably didn't). He'd scream at Tony LaRussa, LaRussa would laugh at him, benches would clear.

Absolute buffoon.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Horrific manager again only was a manager because he black 90% of black managers coaches cannot win it is proving year after year
    Why would the owners agree to this? Which team is next that is forced to hire a black manager?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    People in Cincinnati rejoicing wildly.

THIS!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

No way any racism talk from him.

rcene

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    No way any racism talk from him.
    Sarcasm or studpidity?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Dusty said he thinks it was time to go as well.

rcene

Baker told Heyman it was racism before he said that. If he is going to come out with racist letters charges and things about Obama, he should be willing to show those to Heyman.

Otherwise its bullshit propaganda!

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

JJ, your comment was racist and very insensitive.

I will now go ahead and list all the great black managers in MLB history:
    Man that sure was a long list.............

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Dusty Baker: “I’ve been getting hate mail, racial mail … all sorts of references to Barack Obama”

Aaron Gleeman
    Oct 4, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Reuters
    Regardless of what you think of Dusty Baker as a baseball manager and whether or not you agree with the Reds’ decision to fire him today, this report from Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com is sad/depressing:
    Baker quite likely started to sense that maybe his time was up in Cincinnati. Maybe that’s why he said what he said. “The last couple weeks, I’ve been getting a rash of hate mail, racial mail,” he said. “Maybe it is time to go.”
    “This is really ugly,” he said. “There are all sorts of references to Barack Obama. So now I know where they are coming from. I don’t know, maybe people are mad at him, so they don’t like the idea of blacks in authority.”
    Ultimately the Reds fired Baker because his teams didn’t have enough playoff success and he clashed with upper management on some key topics, which Heyman details in his article. However, setting aside all the baseball stuff and focusing more on the human being stuff … man, that’s really discouraging.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a guy most like

Great for city of Cincy...they hated him and he and they knew he was not too bright

Great move

rcene

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Dusty Baker: “I’ve been getting hate mail, racial mail … all sorts of references to Barack Obama”

Aaron Gleeman
    Oct 4, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Reuters
    Regardless of what you think of Dusty Baker as a baseball manager and whether or not you agree with the Reds’ decision to fire him today, this report from Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com is sad/depressing:
    Baker quite likely started to sense that maybe his time was up in Cincinnati. Maybe that’s why he said what he said. “The last couple weeks, I’ve been getting a rash of hate mail, racial mail,” he said. “Maybe it is time to go.”
    “This is really ugly,” he said. “There are all sorts of references to Barack Obama. So now I know where they are coming from. I don’t know, maybe people are mad at him, so they don’t like the idea of blacks in authority.”
    Ultimately the Reds fired Baker because his teams didn’t have enough playoff success and he clashed with upper management on some key topics, which Heyman details in his article. However, setting aside all the baseball stuff and focusing more on the human being stuff … man, that’s really discouraging.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    Wow what a racist comment. Seeing how there's 30 teams in baseball, only 3 black managers and only one team can win, chances are it will be a white manager...

BTW Cito Gaston won two.
    Who's the 3rd?...baker, washington and ?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Mattingly has a good tan...

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baker completely cost the Giants there post season. The Cubs hire him to manage their Premadonna steroid freak after Baker had experience with one. He couldn't even do that right. He pukes the Cubs post season by not managing to win that game, in the moment, and holds back on moves he could've made with the pitching when the game started to implode. Dusty trots his little kid out with him for the tougher press conferences after the team shits the bed knowing his pussy ass needed a buffer from the obvious media questioning he had to endure. Bat corking steroid freak ends up hating him anyway. FAIL. Then gets shit canned and gives the same bullshit response about getting racist threats and how Chicago Cubs fans are racist and how tortured it was being a black athlete in Chicago. Media instantly goes to the likes of Dawson and other black athletes that portray a complete opposite picture of their time in Chicago. Does the tv thing for a bit and completely sucks at it. Gets his gig with Cinci and is giving an abundance of talent multiple years only to do nothing with it.

It's all because of racism

He can Fuk off and die now

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ, your comment was racist and very insensitive.

I will now go ahead and list all the great black managers in MLB history:
    , seriously this was hilarious.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by lesterdymond View Post
    Starting Cueto and ruining Prior's arm will all this guy will be known for.
    And puking the post season with THREE different franchises

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    He is claiming racism. Lets see the proof.

Enuff talk. Step up and prove it Baker
    Baker claimed in Chicago fans were leaving flaming bags of dogshit in the dugout. Naturally nobody on the team, the organization, or the police saw said activity.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Owner is nuts. Baker was a good manager.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Very sad day. Maybe the cubs will rehire him

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I don't feel like the Wild Card game had ANY effect on his firing, but I sure am glad the Pirates got to put that final nail in the coffin. Busch League Dusty.....what a waste.

First 12