Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Public perception is a little skewed being that its only the start of the season. I trust Pekka in the pipes over Varlomov, Nashville is a tuff matchup for the Avs, IIRC Preds have hoganated the last 10 barring an OT loss last year, that number is too juicy and inflated a bit due to the 1st game of the season in my humble opinion.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

One more reason although nothing earth shattering....the intial move on pinnacle slightly favors the Preds, so someone out there agrees with me or is just a loon.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

third game I'm looking at:

Kings @ Jets - I'm torn here, some conflicting data. Kings were very good last year in B2Bs going 5-3 (3-3 on the road). However, the stats for a team coming off a road win and playing another road game the following night are NOT good. In the last two years, teams in that situation have only won 35% of the second game. It's a worse scenario than coming off a road loss. Kings also went to SO last night so an even longer game. However, with their good record in B2Bs last year I am timid to bet them. Leaning Jets.

I am also taking a look at the under here. With Kings strong D I look for them to save their legs and play some lockdown D without pressing too much. Think if they get caught pressing they may be too tired to get back. Think they play conservative and with a strong D I don't see many goals. Also, in their B2B games last year the under 5.5 hit in 5/8 games (4/6 on the road).

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Public perception is a little skewed being that its only the start of the season. I trust Pekka in the pipes over Varlomov, Nashville is a tuff matchup for the Avs, IIRC Preds have hoganated the last 10 barring an OT loss last year, that number is too juicy and inflated a bit due to the 1st game of the season in my humble opinion.
    preds lost 2/3 last year, both of their losses coming at home (one was in OT). just wanted to give ya a heads up. Definitely agree with you on the juice involved with avs because of their first game though!

Huckleberry Pig

last lean would be Flames/Avs over. The Flames B2B games last year hit over5.5 goals 6/9 games

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    last lean would be Flames/Avs over. The Flames B2B games last year hit over5.5 goals 6/9 games
    Did you mean Flames/Blue Jackets or Predators/Avalanche? I'm riding over 5 tonight in Columbus match.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    Did you mean Flames/Blue Jackets or Predators/Avalanche? I'm riding over 5 tonight in Columbus match.
    sorry, flames/avs!

thanks for catchin

ZdenoK

sorry, flames/avs!

thanks for catchin
    Well, you did it again! I guess you meant Flames and Jackets

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

here is what I'm working with today:

gl with your plays!

Huckleberry Pig

Well, you did it again! I guess you meant Flames and Jackets
    sorry, work just got real crazy for the last few hours. broker needs a proforma asap, mind was all mixed up. yes FLAMES JACKETS OVER.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    here is what I'm working with today:

gl with your plays!
    you too rush. how confident are you in redwings? i'm intrigued - like the price for a good team

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

you too rush. how confident are you in redwings? i'm intrigued - like the price for a good team
    I certainly liked what I saw from them in game 1...but the season is still young - proceed with caution

Huckleberry Pig

Official Picks 10/4:

Avs -.5 in reg (+112) vs Preds -- 2*

Blue Jackets -5. in reg (-117) vs Flames -- 2*

Blue Jackets vs Flames O5.5 (-110) -- .5*

Jets -.5 in reg (+135) -- 1*

Jets vs Kings U5.5 (-120) -- .5*

Redwings -.5 in reg @ Hurricanes (+139) -- 1*

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Big card, get after it Hucker!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Big card, get after it Hucker!
    thanks nino!

if I don't do well today it may be down to half unit bets for me haha been a rough start in both NHL and football. Have narrowed football to just SEC where I've been pretty decent, hoping that helps. Gotta get this turned otherwise i'll have to start betting psi. hoping for a good weekend

ZdenoK

Here's a thought I'm having for entire day already... Detroit and Carolina over 5.5. Detroit will have some good chances as well as Carolina as they boosted their 1st and 2nd attacking line. Carolina's D was among the worst in the league last year and I believe they could be stuck in the same hole this season. With Ward in the net, I don't know, I just don't trust the guy to save the day. I can see the over is at +104, could be worth a shot. What do you guys think?

Huckleberry Pig

Here's a thought I'm having for entire day already... Detroit and Carolina over 5.5. Detroit will have some good chances as well as Carolina as they boosted their 1st and 2nd attacking line. Carolina's D was among the worst in the league last year and I believe they could be stuck in the same hole this season. With Ward in the net, I don't know, I just don't trust the guy to save the day. I can see the over is at +104, could be worth a shot. What do you guys think?
    i definitely like your reasoning. already have enough units on the line tonight so i'm gonna hold off but I like your take and think you should role with it!

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Looks like Spezza should play for Ottawa. Going to go with a bet against bad teams and mainly do -.5. Had Bruins, Blues, Caps and Phoenix last night. Fading Lundqvist and the Rangers early. Plays so far for tonight.

Blue Jackets -.5 -117
    Joey McDonald for the Flames, goalie mismatch and Flames back to back on the road, though early season this should not matter as much.

Ottawa -.5 +129
    Spezza in and while Miller scares me a little Buffalo not very good. Home ice should not matter much at all here, good value at plus money.
    Last edited by odog11; 10-04-13 at 03:30 PM.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Looks like Spezza should play for Ottawa. Going to go with a bet against bad teams and mainly do -.5. Had Bruins, Blues, Caps and Phoenix last night. Fading Lundqvist and the Rangers early. Plays so far for tonight.

Blue Jackets -.5 -117
    Joey McDonald for the Flames, goalie mismatch and flames back to back on the road, though early season this should not matter as much.

Home

Ottawa -.5 +129
    Spezza in and while Miller Scares me a little Buffalo not very good. Home ice should not matter much at all here, good value at plus money.
    like your takes. Good luck tonight odog, lets cash that blue jackets bet

Huckleberry Pig

man just getting crushed right now. if you're playin dogs early you are doing really well

Huckleberry Pig

Official Picks 10/4:

Avs -.5 in reg (+112) vs Preds -- 2*

Blue Jackets -5. in reg (-117) vs Flames -- 2*

Blue Jackets vs Flames O5.5 (-110) -- .5*

Jets -.5 in reg (+135) -- 1*

Jets vs Kings U5.5 (-120) -- .5*

Redwings -.5 in reg @ Hurricanes (+139) -- 1*
    well 3-3. I'll take it. Picked up a little cause of the +$ wins but was the opposite yesterday so I'll just call the day even. Heading in the right direction and think I had a better feel for tonight.

cotes17
    cotes17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Had to come and thank you for telling me about draft kings. Addicted to that shit now lol

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by cotes17 View Post
    Had to come and thank you for telling me about draft kings. Addicted to that shit now lol
    haha it's great isn't it

cotes17
    cotes17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

haha it's great isn't it
    Oh yeah man. Do NHL ones everyday lol

Huckleberry Pig

Overall Record:

6-9 for -5 units.

Didn't get to play any this weekend. Have stopped on football cause was getting slaughtered. Going to focus full time on hockey now. What's everyone thinking tonight?

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under inboth games

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    Under inboth games
    I like it in the Kings game but am worried about the Devils-Oilers game. Oilers has given up quite a few goals, so have the Devils. Think they get back to D here?

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

im seeing broduer being broduer like in this game and the devils win this 3-1/4-1. i dont see the oilers doing much damage. im playing the under in the kings game only though

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Overall Record:

6-9 for -5 units.

Didn't get to play any this weekend. Have stopped on football cause was getting slaughtered. Going to focus full time on hockey now. What's everyone thinking tonight?

Hey Huck. How's it going man?
    Theres some better games tomorrow (Tuesday). Card kinda short tonight. Some good games coming up this week to pound

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBlackhawk View Post
    Hey Huck. How's it going man?
    Theres some better games tomorrow (Tuesday). Card kinda short tonight. Some good games coming up this week to pound
    blackhawk how ya been? ya man i didn't get picks in tonight. was gonna do some research after work but weather here in dallas was too good. went and played some tennis. Saw the big card tomorrow and decided to wait. Plus you know how I like those B2B plays lol. Will be studyin hard tomorrow.

Huckleberry Pig

Picks for tonight:

Panthers ML (+140) -- 1*

Panthers @ Flyers Over 5.5 (-110) -- .5*

Wild ML (+105) -- 1*

Devils ML (+150) -- .5*

Rangers @ Sharks Under 5.5 (+105) -- 1*

Penguins 1P -.5 (+130) -- 1*

anoun
    anoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 812

could you please explain why you pick panthers on tonight?
    thanks
    and what do you think about penguins ml?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by anoun View Post
    could you please explain why you pick panthers on tonight?
    thanks
    and what do you think about penguins ml?
    sorry for not posting reasons. I like the Panthers because they played well at Dallas and Philly is in a bit of turmoil right now. I also like the value at +140. Think the line should be much lower. Both teams not the best on D, think goals will be plenty in this one.

Wild have lost in two close games, think they get their first here. I like them at +$.

Devils I'm just taking a shot at here. Think with Schneider in net they get their first W. Like the +$ here as well, think line is too high.

Rangers and Sharks I just expect a low scoring game. Sharks play tight at home and I don't see Rangers scoring another 4 goals tonight.

Penguins seem to always come out hot. Like them to go into the 1P with a lead.

If I were to take the penguins it'd be in regulation, not ML. too much juice with the ML

anoun
    anoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 812

sorry for not posting reasons. I like the Panthers because they played well at Dallas and Philly is in a bit of turmoil right now. I also like the value at +140. Think the line should be much lower. Both teams not the best on D, think goals will be plenty in this one.

Wild have lost in two close games, think they get their first here. I like them at +$.

Devils I'm just taking a shot at here. Think with Schneider in net they get their first W. Like the +$ here as well, think line is too high.

Rangers and Sharks I just expect a low scoring game. Sharks play tight at home and I don't see Rangers scoring another 4 goals tonight.

Penguins seem to always come out hot. Like them to go into the 1P with a lead.

If I were to take the penguins it'd be in regulation, not ML. too much juice with the ML
    Thanks for all this explanations. I've been tailing you since previous nhl season
    And how to understand in regulation not ml?
    What do you think about parlay: panthers ml, penguins ml, buffalo u5.5, sharks u5.5 ?
    thanks

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by anoun View Post
    Thanks for all this explanations. I've been tailing you since previous nhl season
    And how to understand in regulation not ml?
    What do you think about parlay: panthers ml, penguins ml, buffalo u5.5, sharks u5.5 ?
    thanks
    no problem. they have bets you can do where a team must win in regulation versus winning in overtime. You get a better price. For example, Pittsburgh is a -215 ML (meaning they can win in regulation or overtime/shootout) but you can get them to win in regulation for like -136 (meaning they must win in 3 periods).

don't do parlays much but don't like the panthers in that parlay. I normally do parlays combining teams that are heavier faves. Would to a three team and leave that one out.

First 12345 Last