ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The people who defend manning layed 9.5 last year over balty in the playoffs. He has a superbowl at least but the guy has just been downright brutal in big games in the nfl and in college. He will be the reason denver won't win this year but his lovers will come out and say " well they wouldn't have been able to make it this far without him".
    every post in here is defending or just mocking the OP LB

I'm sure they all had Denver in the playoffs

If you're a Colt fan you have a pass to defend the QB who turned football around in Indy and got a new stadium built and won a SB.

and you went huge on the Niners in the SB

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This is the passing era. 300 yard games and 4000 yard seasons mean virtually nothing anymore. Yes he's great in the regular season but what difference does it make? He needs a validation super bowl.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Brady > Payton

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The people who defend manning layed 9.5 last year over balty in the playoffs. He has a superbowl at least but the guy has just been downright brutal in big games in the nfl and in college. He will be the reason denver won't win this year but his lovers will come out and say " well they wouldn't have been able to make it this far without him".

nope, wrong again.. balty ml all the way till sb where i let my sf future ride

lets not get twisted who the unreasonable ones are in this discussion..

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This gushing over Peyton is really out of control lately. You would think he was the second coming of Jesus.

I seriously don't see what all the hoopla is over, we've seen this before. The guy has been doing this for years. Picking apart defenses surgically, putting up gawdy numbers. Big deal. All he hardly ever does is throw short passes. The NFL has always been about making the big play in the passing game. Too bad he has a candy arm these days.

Look he's playing great I get it. But he chokes every year (except 06) and repeatedly comes up small in the big moment.

All you dopes and can keep jerking off along with ESPN to king Peyton. I'm not impressed. Yawn.

Hard to fathom the level of ignorance in this post

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Actually it isn't, but why let facts get in the way of your ignorance?. The guy's overall record is actually better post-Spygate than it was pre-Spygate. Simple fact of the matter is that the Belichick/Brady Patriots have been to 5 Super Bowls and are 3-2. All 5 of those games could easily have gone either way. They are 2 plays away from being 5-0 - and they are 3 plays away from being 0-5. Any suggestion that the post-spygate Patriots are significantly worse than the pre-spygate Patriots is an opinion based in obscene ignorance. Furthermore, since we're talking about Brady, the offense has been RIDICULOUSLY better post-spygate. So it's pretty idiotic to say Brady has gotten worse since spygate.

We both know you haven't bothered looking it up because it is under .500

now go cry over brady

my mistake, it is actually at .500

by doesn't change the point still stupid to judge a qb in a team sport on playoff record, just like you said they are plays away from being 5-0 or 0-5 .
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-27-13 at 09:01 AM.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

the op is a dumbass.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    We both know you haven't bothered looking it up because it is under .500

now go cry over brady

my mistake, it is actually at .500

by doesn't change the point still stupid to judge a qb in a team sport on playoff record, just like you said they are plays away from being 5-0 or 0-5 .
    Brady is 5-5 in the playoffs since spygate. Peyton is 2-5 in the playoffs since spygate.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and yet, nothing changes the fact, it's still idiotic to judge a QB on playoff record. Yeah, peyton lost those games huh?

That is also why teams have a much harder time preparing for peyton, not brady.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

+1. It was clear all the way back to his days at Tennessee that he was brilliant against mediocre competition, but disappeared in the big games. Steve Spurrier made Manning his personal bitch. Tennessee never did anything better than the Citrus Bowl with Manning, but then they won a National Championship the first year after he left. I've made an awful lot of money betting on Manning in the regular season - then betting against him in the playoffs.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    and yet, nothing changes the fact, it's still idiotic to judge a QB on playoff record. Yeah, peyton lost those games huh?

That is also why teams have a much harder time preparing for peyton, not brady.
    Then why is Joe Montana universally regarded as one of the best ever - if not THE best ever? It ain't because of his regular season statistics, I'll tell you that. He finished with 20,000 fewer yards, and about 150 fewer TD's, than his contemporary, Dan Marino. Sorry, but if you don't realize that a QB's performance in the post season is a HUGE indicator of how they are judged, then you just don't know football.

t-wizzle

I never brought up his record. All I said was he's played his worst in the big games. Now why is that.

Peyton apologists are out in full force. They are a feisty bunch who gets legitimately mad and defensive.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Vegas knows all the money they lose to Peyton in the regular season they get it right back in the playoffs. Dude will lose in the playoffs again. Then next year he will throw 75 touchdowns and here we go again.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This gushing over Peyton is really out of control lately. You would think he was the second coming of Jesus.

I seriously don't see what all the hoopla is over, we've seen this before. The guy has been doing this for years. Picking apart defenses surgically, putting up gawdy numbers. Big deal. All he hardly ever does is throw short passes. The NFL has always been about making the big play in the passing game. Too bad he has a candy arm these days.

Look he's playing great I get it. But he chokes every year (except 06) and repeatedly comes up small in the big moment.

All you dopes and can keep jerking off along with ESPN to king Peyton. I'm not impressed. Yawn.
    In '06 Peyton was not great. In 4 games, he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs for a 70.5 rating. The Indy D won him that ring.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

only a Brady fan would not be impressed with Peyton

12 TDs.

0 INTs

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    only a Brady fan would not be impressed with Peyton

12 TDs.

0 INTs
    Nobody is denying that Peyton is a great regular-season QB, probably the greatest ever.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    In '06 Peyton was not great. In 4 games, he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs for a 70.5 rating. The Indy D won him that ring.
    See this is exactly what I'm talking about. All the stat geeks get wowed by the numbers. They grinded out 2 wins before the AFC title game but in that game Manning played the game of his life because he led them on a furious second half rally to finally knock off the Patriots, something they'd never done before.

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Manning isn't number 1 on your list of greatest QB's of all time, you don't understand football, or at least the intellectual part.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

But yet that season PFM led Indy back from 21-6 at half in the AFC championship (real SB) with 32 2nd half points. Yeah he sucks. He let Drew Brees go 32 for 38 and let NO recover a big onside kick. He threw 3 TDs last year with a noodle arm off major surgery but he caused Denver's top 2 RBs to get hurt and the secondary to give up a 70 yd bomb with 30 seconds left.

Bottom line....Peyton hasn't always played his best in the playoffs but Indy was a soft/small dome team that wasn't built to win in the cold. I put most of the blame on Polian and Dungy was overrated too. Bill Cowher outcoached the shit out of Dungy in 05 but PM brought them back from 14-0 just to see Vanderjagt miss the fg at the end. I remember watching it with my dad and telling him since Pitt got stuffed in the running game during the season vs the Colts that Rapeloethsberger was going to come out throwing. Dungy didn't get the memo. 2005 was prob the best Colts team ever. Lets see what happens this year w/Denver....PM def holds all the cards right now if they stay healthy.

Fred The Hammer

Eli's 2 rings they hold Brady to 14 and 17. Brady averaged 30 ppg vs PMs Colts. If the Colts held people to 15-16 points per game in the playoffs then PM has 4-5 rings minimum.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Eli's 2 rings they hold Brady to 14 and 17. Brady averaged 30 ppg vs PMs Colts. If the Colts held people to 15-16 points per game in the playoffs then PM has 4-5 rings minimum.
    Ah, yes... the motto of the Manning defender... "if this, if that, etc...." The biggest moment of Peyton Manning's career to prove himself in a big game was Super Bowl 44, trailing by 7. What did he do? Pick-6, game over, turn out the lights.

BriGuy

Bullshit. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. In the 2003 season, the Patriots beat the Colts in the AFCCG 24-14. The next year, they beat the Colts in the divisional round 20-3. The 1 game where the Patriots scored 30+ was the 1 time the Colts beat them. They also lost 17-16 to the Jets, 21-18 to the Steelers, 28-24 to the Chargers and 23-17 to the Chargers. Then with Denver they lose 38-35, but 2 Denver TD's were from special teams. Manning himself orchestrated only 4 scoring drives, 3 for Denver and 1 for Baltimore.

slacker00

But yet that season PFM led Indy back from 21-6 at half in the AFC championship (real SB) with 32 2nd half points. Yeah he sucks. He let Drew Brees go 32 for 38 and let NO recover a big onside kick. He threw 3 TDs last year with a noodle arm off major surgery but he caused Denver's top 2 RBs to get hurt and the secondary to give up a 70 yd bomb with 30 seconds left.

Bottom line....Peyton hasn't always played his best in the playoffs but Indy was a soft/small dome team that wasn't built to win in the cold. I put most of the blame on Polian and Dungy was overrated too. Bill Cowher outcoached the shit out of Dungy in 05 but PM brought them back from 14-0 just to see Vanderjagt miss the fg at the end. I remember watching it with my dad and telling him since Pitt got stuffed in the running game during the season vs the Colts that Rapeloethsberger was going to come out throwing. Dungy didn't get the memo. 2005 was prob the best Colts team ever. Lets see what happens this year w/Denver....PM def holds all the cards right now if they stay healthy.
    Peyton fans have a selective memory. Game losing pick-6 vs Saints. How did Peyton get down 21-6 against the Pats?

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

He looks great in the warm weather conditions but wait until the temperature starts dropping. Older players can't cut it playing in the cold weather (see Brett Favre in his last couple of years) and I would think Peyton's lego neck would start to stiffen up in cold weather.

Fred The Hammer

Ah, yes... the motto of the Manning defender... "if this, if that, etc...." The biggest moment of Peyton Manning's career to prove himself in a big game was Super Bowl 44, trailing by 7. What did he do? Pick-6, game over, turn out the lights.

Reggie Wayne said he cut the wrong way....who knows? All I know is this....the Colts teams were soft....regularly giving up long time consuming drives in the playoffs (because I watched them all). Dungy was/is overrated...the Cover-2 is a simple glorified prevent that any quality QB can beat. No QB can score without the ball. Elway was a "choker" til he wasn't even though his teams were worse than PMs Colts by far. PM has a chance to end up the same w/a ring or 2 in Denver. If PM only ends up w/that one ring then it def takes away from his legacy. I'm guessing he won't!! By the way...the Ravens pulled Deckers arm on the pick-6 last year....ball hit him in the chest. Guess thats PMs fault too!

Fred The Hammer

Bullshit. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. In the 2003 season, the Patriots beat the Colts in the AFCCG 24-14. The next year, they beat the Colts in the divisional round 20-3. The 1 game where the Patriots scored 30+ was the 1 time the Colts beat them. They also lost 17-16 to the Jets, 21-18 to the Steelers, 28-24 to the Chargers and 23-17 to the Chargers. Then with Denver they lose 38-35, but 2 Denver TD's were from special teams. Manning himself orchestrated only 4 scoring drives, 3 for Denver and 1 for Baltimore.

I was referring to Brady 30 ppg vs Indy in their rivalry overall. Not the games in which NE CHEATED BY GRABBING RECEIVERS (AND VS WARNER IN THE SB) THEREBY MAKING THE NFL CHANGE THE RULES.
    Let me know if you need any more help with NFL history!!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I wouldn't go as far as saying he doesn't impress me. Peyton is one of the best regular season QB's of all time. But regular season doesn't mean shit when you crap the bed in the playoffs. It doesn't help that Peyton has to play in the artic tundra of Denver in January either.

He's going to break all kinds of records this year, but a lot of that is because this is now a passing league, and he is stacked with weapons on the outside. The easy schedule also helps him too. We shouldn't be getting caught up with all these passing records, because whatever gets broken this year, will likely get re-broken within the next few years.

Fred The Hammer

Someone always mentions Montana too even though he threw mostly 7 yd passes in the West Coast offense with the greatest receiver thats ever lived and probably 7-8 other HOFers on that team including Bill Walsh WHO INVENTED THE OFFENSE TO BEGIN WITH THAT REVOLUTIONIZED THE GAME!! You compare that to PM who has Jim Caldwell looking like he just shit his pants and calling timeouts for the Jets in the playoffs so they have time to kick the game winning fg.

BriGuy

I was referring to Brady 30 ppg vs Indy in their rivalry overall. Not the games in which NE CHEATED BY GRABBING RECEIVERS (AND VS WARNER IN THE SB) THEREBY MAKING THE NFL CHANGE THE RULES.
    Let me know if you need any more help with NFL history!!

If i needed any help with NFL history, I sure wouldn't ask you. You either don't know what you're talking about, or you're just making stats us out of thin air. But sure thing buddy.... Manning scored 14 points and then 3 points against NE in the playoffs, but those were the defenses fault. He completed more passes to Ty Law than to Marvin Harrison in the 2003 season playoff game, but it's the defense's fault he lost.

BriGuy

Reggie Wayne said he cut the wrong way....who knows? All I know is this....the Colts teams were soft....regularly giving up long time consuming drives in the playoffs (because I watched them all). Dungy was/is overrated...the Cover-2 is a simple glorified prevent that any quality QB can beat. No QB can score without the ball. Elway was a "choker" til he wasn't even though his teams were worse than PMs Colts by far. PM has a chance to end up the same w/a ring or 2 in Denver. If PM only ends up w/that one ring then it def takes away from his legacy. I'm guessing he won't!! By the way...the Ravens pulled Deckers arm on the pick-6 last year....ball hit him in the chest. Guess thats PMs fault too!
    Yup. Sure thing, buddy. Every game Peyton Manning ever lost is someone else's fault. ROFLOL I drink your tears!

2daBank

that the problem with stupid ass pointless threads like this, ya get retards on both sides.. the clown haters and the apologist, both equally nauseating to read...

BriGuy

If anyone else had been QB, then the MVP award of that Super Bowl would have rightfully gone to Dominic Rhodes. Morons say if it wasn't for the defense, he'd have more rings. Truth is, if it wasn't for the defense, he would have fewer.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    that the problem with stupid ass pointless threads like this, ya get retards on both sides.. the clown haters and the apologist, both equally nauseating to read...
    Hey I love Manning. Like I said before, I've made a ton of money betting on him in the regular season, and a ton of money betting against him in the playoffs.

slacker00

If you've gotta count rings that Peyton hasn't won, you've lost your argument.

2daBank

Hey I love Manning. Like I said before, I've made a ton of money betting on him in the regular season, and a ton of money betting against him in the playoffs.
    yea wasnt exactly referring to you i dont think, this was for the extremest on both sides...

First 12345 ... Last