daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Chris Johnson is a steroid jamming fagg0t. He should get beaned immediately tomorrow. When there are 30 ppl coming out of a dugout you are just a fukkin homo if you cheap shot someone like that. If I was a pitcher on the Brewers I'd go right for his head tomorrow. Maybe even twice.

Gomez stared for a minute big deal.

McCann and Johnson are fukkin punks.
    This isn't the first time with the both of them running their mouths.
    They did it with Fernandez last month in the Marlins game when he jacked one.

Stop being fukkin whining bitches, you ain't gonna do shit anyways. Especially Mccann. Gomez would pummel that pussy in all probability.
    Keep your fukkin mouth closed and bean the guy like a fukkin man your next at bat when you don't like something. Don't block the guy from getting to home plate if you're not gonna do shit anyways.
    That's how baseball works.
    Then after you bean the guy, it's on if Gomez wants it to be.
    Well for starters it was Reed Johnson, not Chris...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

I've been saying for a long time, if a hitter takes one deep and makes a pitcher look stupid by yanking one out and gets chin music the next time up for doing so, then how come the hitter can't throw his bat at the pitcher the next time up because the pitcher made him look stupid by striking him out on 3 pitches?

Same silly principle.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    At least Nyger Morgan wasn't there
    Thank God for that. He would've never even made it to first base.

Ho Le Fuk
    Ho Le Fuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

am i the only one that thinks that reed johnson was pulling terry pendleton in front of him cause he was afraid of getting his ass beat?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Well for starters it was Reed Johnson, not Chris...
    That was my edit lol, I typed it right the first time.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm so sick of this shit in pro sports.
    why?

its entertaining.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Clearly most of you portly couch surfers never played this game. The only people who were out of line here were Carlos Gomez and Reed Johnson. It's one thing to use your non verbal "sukk it bitttch" language....the bat flick, the stare, the slow trot around the bases. That alone will get you plunked next AB. But when you start aggressively actually chirping at the pitcher/fielders while your slowly rounding the bases...well that's another story.

McCann may have a history of being too much of an enforcer, but in this sequence he's a fukking hero. No way I'd have let that fukk get past me either.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Tat, you have to understand most people don't have our baseball acumen. That, combined with our ability to decipher right from wrong, leaves us as an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Clearly most of you portly couch surfers never played this game. The only people who were out of line here were Carlos Gomez and Reed Johnson. It's one thing to use your non verbal "sukk it bitttch" language....the bat flick, the stare, the slow trot around the bases. That alone will get you plunked next AB. But when you start aggressively actually chirping at the pitcher/fielders while your slowly rounding the bases...well that's another story.

McCann may have a history of being too much of an enforcer, but in this sequence he's a fukking hero. No way I'd have let that fukk get past me either.
    McCann was the first one saying shit. While Carlos was watching the ball, you can clearly hear him say, "Run"! He says some more stuff, then Maholm chimes in, then Gomez responds and Freeman got involved. After Gomez took the first murder swing and missed, Maholm should have thrown him 2 more junk balls. It's pretty obvious that Gomez wasn't up there to walk. He def. had the crazy eyes. McCann should have been paying attention instead of worrying about being some hard ass "enforcer."

The Giant

Carlos Gomez apologized.

Suffice to say the person that wrote the tweet for him knew he was wrong.

Brian McCann is a hero.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Carlos Gomez apologized.

Suffice to say the person that wrote the tweet for him knew he was wrong.

Brian McCann is a hero.
    A hero?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    A hero?

I'm pretty sure if they re-casted Superman, Brian McCann would get the part.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

That pissed me off, McCann had absolutely no right to block the plate. Gomez had been hit by Maholm in the past. He's entitled to celebrate. Total bs that he apologized. If I hit the homer, I would have pushed McCann the fuk out of the way.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

^ fair enough giant.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rotoworld:

Carlos Gomez was scratched from the starting lineup for Thursday's game against the Mets.

No word on the reason for the change. Of course, Gomez was ejected Wednesday after he was involved in a benches-clearing incident with the Braves, so it's possible he has been suspended. Stay tuned.
    Source: Mike Vassallo on Twitter
    Sep 26 - 4:15 PM

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Gomez had been hit by Maholm in the past. He's entitled to celebrate.
    This is ridiculous.

People are always getting hit, and somehow manage to not behave like children.

tatddy

Gomez and Johnson suspended a game. My calls to the league office are not taken lightly.

stevenash

I was at this game, live and in color, I go see this team 20 times a year.

Name the team I am referring to, and name the batter in the picture.

tatddy

McCann was the first one saying shit. While Carlos was watching the ball, you can clearly hear him say, "Run"! He says some more stuff, then Maholm chimes in, then Gomez responds and Freeman got involved. After Gomez took the first murder swing and missed, Maholm should have thrown him 2 more junk balls. It's pretty obvious that Gomez wasn't up there to walk. He def. had the crazy eyes. McCann should have been paying attention instead of worrying about being some hard ass "enforcer."
    Intelligent players such as Willie Mays and Henry Aaron understood that the best revenge for getting plunked is a 420 foot rocket over the wall. That was the last word. There was no greater word. Unintelligent young players like Carlos Gomez ruin that perfect last word by mocking the game and making themselves look ridiculous....in a ROAD game for that matter.

I don't disagree that McCann's first priority should have been getting the guy out. Whatever McCann said after he was showboating was said with his mask on and him still behind the plate. To me, that is socially acceptable in the given environment. Much like a batter or pitcher complaining to the ump without making eye contact and showing him up.

Gomez could have just trotted around the bases....as slowly as his pea-brain wanted...and that would have been ok. Gomez even could have said whatever words he wanted to McCann after he crossed the plate. That would have been belittling to his moment but he could have and it would have been...eh...ok. When he chose to scream and motion to the pitcher (who was silent) and the entire Braves team...

Game over.

He mocked himself, his moment, and the game.

Tat, you have to understand most people don't have our baseball acumen. That, combined with our ability to decipher right from wrong, leaves us as an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.
    Giant I love when you talk dirty to me. Giant don't forget you are, however, and Angels fan. I don't want to see any celebration from you.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

McCann should have punched him in the throat

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why do people make cocky celebrations when their team is 20 games below .500? We get it..you hit a HR but your team sucks. It's a team game and not an individual stats game. Help your team win more games instead of celebrating a HR like you hit a grand slam on game 7 of the WS in the bottom of the 9th inning.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 09-26-13 at 06:33 PM.

stevenash

^
    Can you be any more out of touch?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Can you be any more out of touch?
    I'm a realist. Hitting a HR and celebrating like a punk when your team sucks is stupid.

stevenash

It was in retaliation, it wasn't a celebration.

Tell me again please about Kuroda's live arm?

If you were a realist, you would have known that Kuroda's arm was dead too.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

baseball players, especially pitchers, have the emotional vulnerability of high school girls.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    baseball players, especially pitchers, have the emotional vulnerability of high school girls.
    Relievers are the worst, place kickers are the worst of the bunch.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

What a fukkin joke MLB is sometimes.
    Carlos Gomez got suspended one game.
    Reed Johnson got 1 game.
    Mccuunt got NOTHING.

That's an embarrassment.
    Mccunt shoulda got 1-3.
    Reed Johnson shoulda got 5.
    Gomez shoulda got nada.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

gomez seems very dumb
    always making outs running bases

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

agreed I saw that play... it was completely retarded when down 9-2. I have a perfect parley atm (7/8) except the pit/mil game. Done watching now after that bs... ez chance to have the bases loaded. I give up on mil.

First 123