gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

solid move, Freeman was never going to be a top tier QB and could never handle pressure - With him being gone after this year, giving Glennon a dozen starts will allow the Bucs to know whether or not they need to address QB early in next years draft.

Worst case is Glennon bombs out an the Buc are looking at taking a QB with the 5th pick next year.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Greg Schiano is a horrible NFL coach, don't know about college because Rutgers isn't a big time program. Lou Holtz was the worst NFL coach and a great college coach they aren't directly related unlike in basketball. Buccaneers will get a new coach and all the sudden next year they will be the surprise team.

Freeman was the mediocre QB who just did enough to get by as a starter. Mike Glennon has a rocket of a arm and great mechanics, but so did Kyle Boller. Didn't see anything that stood out when he was at NC State except he didn't buckle under pressure.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How many games did Mike Glennon start in college? Wasn't he Russell Wilson's bench warmer?

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How many games did Mike Glennon start in college? Wasn't he Russell Wilson's bench warmer?
    Glennon played 2 full seasons and yes he was a backup to Russell Wilson. There are at least 3 bench warmers for college at QB. Got to wonder about the guys who go to a college but never get to start.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    Glennon played 2 full seasons and yes he was a backup to Russell Wilson. There are at least 3 bench warmers for college at QB. Got to wonder about the guys who go to a college but never get to start.
    I think it's too risky to bet Tampa this week. I have never heard of a rookie QB in the NFL only playing 2 seasons of college football. Luck struggled last year and he played twice as many games as Glennon in college. Did Glennon ever play in a Bowl game?

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I think it's too risky to bet Tampa this week. I have never heard of a rookie QB in the NFL only playing 2 seasons of college football. Luck struggled last year and he played twice as many games as Glennon in college. Did Glennon ever play in a Bowl game?
    By no means I am saying bet it, but you should just expect a guy with a rocket of a arm playing. I don't know who I should trust more Carson Palmer or a new rookie QB. You have no idea what you're going to get out of either one of them.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

sanchez only started one season at usc, newton only started one season at auburn, and the list goes on

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    sanchez only started one season at usc, newton only started one season at auburn, and the list goes on
    Sanchez smartest cash out in the history of the NFL. Remember Pete Carroll being pissed off at him for not staying. Guy got 5 years 50 million 28 million dollars guaranteed and on top of it got an extension. I will take the 20 million after taxes then go back to school. Instead of the rookie cap and having to play my way into the new contract.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    By no means I am saying bet it, but you should just expect a guy with a rocket of a arm playing. I don't know who I should trust more Carson Palmer or a new rookie QB. You have no idea what you're going to get out of either one of them.
    i think it pretty fair to say i expect very little out of palmer, glennon i have no idea...

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Freeman requesting to be traded wonder if any team would bite

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    Did Sanchez or Newton win their first starts? If not, then Cardinals is the play this week.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

if the vikes lost to pitt, i will offer a 6th to the bucs and let him start fresh

theorudy
    theorudy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12920

I don't like to base much on preseason performances, but Glennon looked abysmal in the last preseason game against the Redskins. 7/16 for 63 yards and a pick for a 28.9 QB rating. Looked worse than the numbers. Pat White looked accurate by comparison. Seriously.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by theorudy View Post
    I don't like to base much on preseason performances, but Glennon looked abysmal in the last preseason game against the Redskins. 7/16 for 63 yards and a pick for a 28.9 QB rating. Looked worse than the numbers. Pat White looked accurate by comparison. Seriously.
    think he was below 50% for entire preseason... of coarse freeman under 50% himself, a gimp retard could complete 50% in this league,lol...

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

This was in the works for some time. If you do not remember, they took the captaincy away from Freeman before the season started... the TB organization is done with him.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    This was in the works for some time. If you do not remember, they took the captaincy away from Freeman before the season started... the TB organization is done with him.
    Sharp post. Glennon ascending into the starting QB role is business as usual in Tampa.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

If I needed a QB, I'd rather have Tebow come in than Freeman.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tampa just loses close games all the time

I would think it could mean coaching

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can save tampa some time and tell them now Glennon isn't the guy I knew he wasn't the guy at ncst hes a glennon like his sorry as brother at virgina tech hes a glennon seriously any tampa fans here think this kid is your answer at QB

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Cardinals!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Schiano will land some medium college gig after he gets fired this year. UConn would be right up his alley.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Freeman is done it looks like!

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Glennan sucks, Freeman sucks.

Bucs have a pretty good team but they need to draft a real QB.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Freeman is done it looks like!
    Freeeman is going to go on the Byran Leftwich and Jacon Campbell 1st round bust, backup black QB circuit.

He will probably be a backup QB on 3 teams within the next 4 years.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

People have no idea that the odds of a rookie QB to win a game on his first start are like 10%. And Vegas actually made the rookie QB a 3 point favorite. The linesman should be hanged in the village square.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tampa just loses close games all the time

I would think it could mean coaching
    Appears to be correct. Schiano is dead man walking. People assumed he was a genius because he is close with Belicheck. Clearly not the case at this stage in his career. People don't buy into a tough message when it isn't successful.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    If I needed a QB, I'd rather have Tebow come in than Freeman.
    Freeman has a 6.5M price tag. That's the deal breaker. Bucs should sue to get some back, he's being a head case.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Freeman has a 6.5M price tag. That's the deal breaker. Bucs should sue to get some back, he's being a head case.
    The kid has done nothing wrong aside from failing to meet expectations. The coach is pushing his buttons to make him look like a problem child. Tampa guaranteed him x amount of dollars and they should honor their deal. The fact that the kid sucks is irrevlevant.

Revis will find a way off this shit train as soon as possible.

First 12