ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    dead lock, Lyles to UK. Following the site I subscribe to now and things look bleak
    I wouldn't worry about it. Pitino is one of the guys out there that develops his players. So you guys aren't dependent on super talented freshman, whereas Calipari would rather kick a kid to the side for the new incoming phenom.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. Pitino is one of the guys out there that develops his players. So you guys aren't dependent on super talented freshman, whereas Calipari would rather kick a kid to the side for the new incoming phenom.

I would prefer Jonah Bolden, a kid that hasn't been in the country that long. We need some help at the 4 spot. Harrell will jump to the NBA this year and I can't see Behanan coming back after this year either (not going to the NBA but still)

ChalkyDog

I would prefer Jonah Bolden, a kid that hasn't been in the country that long. We need some help at the 4 spot. Harrell will jump to the NBA this year and I can't see Behanan coming back after this year either (not going to the NBA but still)
    A lot of people going after Jonah. My cats included. I don't have as good a read as I should on his recruitment, because truthfully I am hoping Arizona lands this 3 star instead.

Really like his game though.

TPowell

A lot of people going after Jonah. My cats included. I don't have as good a read as I should on his recruitment, because truthfully I am hoping Arizona lands this 3 star instead.

Really like his game though.

only 2 predictions on 247 has him going to UL but he won't decide until spring so who knows. We have a 7'1 Egyptian kid with a guardian in Louisville who we're looking at as well. Another JUCO PG, an african center who is a sleeper. Weird how many off the radar kids we are going after

ChalkyDog

only 2 predictions on 247 has him going to UL but he won't decide until spring so who knows. We have a 7'1 Egyptian kid with a guardian in Louisville who we're looking at as well. Another JUCO PG, an african center who is a sleeper. Weird how many off the radar kids we are going after
    Not really weird. That is UL's MO.

They develop their players. They go after sleepers. It's an amazing coup if you have a coach of finding talent.

Lute Olson was amazing at it. Guy did his thing with only of handful of McD's all-americans over the years. Sean Miller has as many if not more Burger boys in his 4 years here, than Lute did in his 20+.

It works out better to do it that way. Eventually those kids become upperclassmen and dominate.

TPowell

Not really weird. That is UL's MO.

They develop their players. They go after sleepers. It's an amazing coup if you have a coach of finding talent.

Lute Olson was amazing at it. Guy did his thing with only of handful of McD's all-americans over the years. Sean Miller has as many if not more Burger boys in his 4 years here, than Lute did in his 20+.

It works out better to do it that way. Eventually those kids become upperclassmen and dominate.

true but it looked like UL was going to hit it hard after the title with Lyle, Snider, and multiple 5 stars who just dropped UL all of a sudden.

ChalkyDog

true but it looked like UL was going to hit it hard after the title with Lyle, Snider, and multiple 5 stars who just dropped UL all of a sudden.
    That is a very fair point.

When I was thinking about this earlier, the fact UL is coming off a championship didn't even cross my mind.

Recruiting always gets a significant boost after a title. Odd that it looks not to be the case, especially at a place like UL with Pitino.

Maybe Rick isn't telling kids what they want to hear. Like, you aren't guaranteed anything as far as PT at UL. PT has to be earned. That is a common pitch among good coaches, which isn't exactly what these silver spoon 5 stars want to hear.

TPowell

That is a very fair point.

When I was thinking about this earlier, the fact UL is coming off a championship didn't even cross my mind.

Recruiting always gets a significant boost after a title. Odd that it looks not to be the case, especially at a place like UL with Pitino.

Maybe Rick isn't telling kids what they want to hear. Like, you aren't guaranteed anything as far as PT at UL. PT has to be earned. That is a common pitch among good coaches, which isn't exactly what these silver spoon 5 stars want to hear.

yeah PT is what killed our backcourt recruits. We recruited 7 (in all of their top 5's) of the top 40 players in the country (all guards), had 2 committed and ended up with ZERO of them. We have a solid player in Aaron (big SG/SF) and 2 4 year players (PF and C) but still, crazy how shit happens in recruiting

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

UK

he says because Cal Gets more guys to NBA

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

UK with the #1 class yet again

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

Wow Louisville just offered the kid 100000 betpoints this is a new twist to recruiting no money involved.

ChalkyDog

Well that sucks.

Truth be told, you could see Pitino fading on the recruiting trail over the last 2 years. Dude is getting older and older and is probably getting sick of chasing around teenagers.

You guys have some pretty solid assistants that need to pick up the slack. Just give Pitino some coffee and make him a closer.

TPowell

Well that sucks.

Truth be told, you could see Pitino fading on the recruiting trail over the last 2 years. Dude is getting older and older and is probably getting sick of chasing around teenagers.

You guys have some pretty solid assistants that need to pick up the slack. Just give Pitino some coffee and make him a closer.

nobody wants to play for a coach who won't GIVE you a position. One and Done is ruining college basketball. Oh well

ChalkyDog

nobody wants to play for a coach who won't GIVE you a position. One and Done is ruining college basketball. Oh well
    Some do. A lot of coaches recruit successfully not guaranteeing anything. Izzo and Coach K being those guys. You have to be elite though, which Pitino is. I know for a fact Sean Miller doesn't guarantee PT, but for instance with Aaron Gordon there was a mutual understanding that Aaron Gordon's success is tied to Arizona's success meaning Sean would go out of his way to showcase him.

I truthfully don't understand why UL has recruiting woes, they're very popular on the AAU circuit. You'd be hard pressed to hear shit talk about Pitino from the kids or his former players.

The issue is character. A lot of the top kids don't have it.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Well that sucks.

more like, Pitino doesn't offer big checks.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    more like, Pitino doesn't offer big checks.
    There is a lot of truth to that. Slick Rick can do business if the opportunity presents itself. But that much is presumed at this point.

Caliapri, truth be told, doesn't pay kids in the traditional sense anymore. Self has become a lot more savvy in this department. 180 million dollar offer by Adidas to Wiggins being an example.

A few real big named coaches are still handing over envelops with straight cash, homie.

TPowell

There is a lot of truth to that. Slick Rick can do business if the opportunity presents itself. But that much is presumed at this point.

Caliapri, truth be told, doesn't pay kids in the traditional sense anymore. Self has become a lot more savvy in this department. 180 million dollar offer by Adidas to Wiggins being an example.

A few real big named coaches are still handing over envelops with straight cash, homie.

Scott Drew (cough cough)

First 12