JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Remember when Elway was taking heat for getting rid of Tebow???

seems like 10 years ago

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I don't remember that happening

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no one was giving him heat for bringing in Manning over Tebow

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

did take some balls to get rid of him after he got the Broncos into the Playoffs and beat the Stillers in the first round

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

The sense of betrayal from supporters of Tebow is a subplot of a big story that the Broncos won't be able to erase as easily as removing photographs of the young quarterback from the walls of team headquarters.
    How do you tell a 9-year-old boy his football hero has been demoted by the Broncos? Do the Tebow posters on the bedroom wall come down? Is the No. 15 jersey tossed in the back of the closet? Football is not business to a kid. It's all heart. And hearts break.
    Somewhere in metro Denver, a father broke the news to his 9-year-old son. In an e-mail, an angry father who asked to be identified only by his first name explained his cynicism about the upcoming NFL season. "It will be great," Neil wrote. "Two games in and Manning will be in the hospital earning his $90 million plus, and Tebow will be in some other city taking that team to the playoffs. Let's go buy Manning's jersey, blindly worship Elway, as he knows (lies) best."
    Elway is not deaf, blind or stupid. He knows and respects why fans admire Tebow. This decision to go for this dramatic shake-up was not taken lightly.
    "I don't want to alienate people to the Denver Broncos. People may disagree with me," Elway said. "But the thing they need to know is it does bother me when I see these people want to run me out of town. Obviously, that bothers me a little bit. You never get used to that."
    While a contract awaited his signature upstairs in the executive offices at Dove Valley, Manning stood in the hallway and stared at his shoes. The subject was Tebow. The topic was uncomfortable. He genuinely despised taking a fellow quarterback's job.
    "All I can say is: I know there are great fans of the Denver Broncos. And a lot times they're fans of the quarterback. There are great reasons for them to be fans of Tim. There's what a great player he was, what a great guy he is and what he did last year," Manning said.
    "I'm in the quarterback fraternity. I've hated that about all the teams I visited, whether it was Matt Hasselbeck (in Tennessee) or Alex Smith (in San Francisco). I just didn't know how to do this. But I wanted to go play somewhere else. And someone's going to have my job in Indianapolis next year. ... I wanted to go play, and I don't know there was any easy way to do this."
    Elway and Manning understand how tough it is to hear 70,000 people boo a quarterback. There is no crying in football. But there was no joy for Manning or Elway to sack Tebow.
    The score in Super Bowl rings is: Elway 2, Manning 1. While this blockbuster deal was written for five years, it's more realistic to believe a 35-year-old
    Peyton Manning, left, and Tim Tebow in 2010 (Getty Images file photo)

quarterback coming off four neck surgeries has a three-year window of opportunity. Manning told me he wants to jump through that window and grab the Lombardi Trophy one, two, maybe even three times.Tebow disciples grouse that Elway was jealous of his Bible-quoting, miracle-making young quarterback. Well, we now have reason to dispel that myth. Elway stated his goal is to help Manning go down in league history as the greatest quarterback of all time.
    Did Elway just become the second-most talented quarterback to ever wear a Broncos jersey?
    "Is he ahead of me yet?" Elway said. "That is for you guys to decide."
    Elway will try to trade Tebow. Not to get the circus out of town. Not because Manning would worry about billboards demanding his removal as a starter. Elway wants to do the right thing. He knows Tebow has earned the chance to become a hero in a new NFL city.
    "Tim Tebow is a great kid," Elway declared. "If I want someone to marry my daughter, it would be him."
    That's high praise, straight from the heart.
    It's just that Elway doesn't want Tebow to be his quarterback.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2021907...-tebow-calling

That's cold analysis, in a game that hurts.

JJJ

WFans all wanted Tebow they were on his nuts ...Elway said he is not a starting NFL QB getting rid of him basically

JJJ

thanks archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

to be fair, it wasn't ALL Bronco fans

but the Christian ones and the young fans didn't want to see him go

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Only people talking shit for that move, were card carrying members of "special".

JJJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    to be fair, it wasn't ALL Bronco fans

but the Christian ones and the young fans didn't want to see him go
    and the gays

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i remember when teblow lead denver team averaged like 13 points a game and it was god that wanted his team to win that week...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Tebow won a playoff game. Manning still looking for his first.

Brady will come to town and shit on his face again in the playoffs.
    Playing flag football againt nobodies means nothing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Tebow won a playoff game. Manning still looking for his first.

Brady will come to town and shit on his face again in the playoffs.
    Playing flag football againt nobodies means nothing.
    What a bunch of gobbledygook. So what are saying, Denver would have a better chance to win the Super Bowl this season with Tebow at QB? Yes or no? Answer the question.