BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Alex Smith and Andy Reid Laughing their balls off so far. Do they get the last laugh?

It's early but you know these 2 guys gotta be loving it JUST A LITTLE already.

KC 3-0, Alex Smith just continues to win games as an average to slightly above average QB.

Eagles 1-2 and look lost. Let's not forget though, they are in THE WORST division and could possibly take that division with 8 wins.

49ers, 1-2 also, although I wouldn't panic with them I still think they are possible contenders.

Guys, the Chiefs won 2 fukkin games all of last year. Yes, 2-14 if I recall.
    You know Andy Reid doesn't have the coaching ability to win the big game but can they keep winning with this team during the regular season and possibly get in the playoffs?? Not drinking any Chiefs Kool-aid yet. Sorry. Never been a Reid believer, for obvious reasons. Probably one of the most over-rated coaches in my 30 years as a football fan in all honesty. Just a regular season performer and terrible "clutch" decision maker.

I'm still gonna say SF still gets it done and is the best of these 3 teams, but they need to step it up ASAP.
    Either way, it's been a pretty ironic start for these 3 teams so far.

Which of these 3 teams will get the last laugh?

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Alex Smith is not an average QB. He may have only 3 passes that have exceeded twenty yards this year, but that's just how he plays. He takes what the opposing defense gives him, and puts his team in position to win.

He's one of the big reasons why the defense has performed well so far this year(Along with Poe, and Houston). When you don't turn the ball over, and keep your teams defense of the field for than a couple minutes its a big morale boost, and gives you defense confidence.

Also keep in mind the Chiefs Recieving corps is tied for first in drops so far this year, and I think they still need a deep threat and should look for one in the draft next year.

He doesn't put up the hearty #'s that Rodgers or Manning put up, but for now that's fine with me.

I'm a big Chiefs fan, and was skeptical when we traded for him initially but after reading articles, examining his #'s and what he's done so far this year. I'd say he's anything but an average QB and he is beginning to win me over.

Also keep in mind he has the best record out all QB's over the past couple years. Lots of 9ers fans on forums and bleacherreport say that SF didn't know what they had in Smith and may regret ditching him for Kaepernick in time.

As far as who gets the last laugh?... I'm not sure and won't be until the Chiefs play Denver (though @ Tennessee should be a good test), but I'm confident Smith will be around for the next five years and the Chiefs will be playoff contenders during that span.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Alex Smith is not an average QB. He may have only 3 passes that have exceeded twenty yards this year, but that's just how he plays. He takes what the opposing defense gives him, and puts his team in position to win.
    Good post But you are forgetting one thing about Alex, he hasn't exactly been challenged yet. He needs leads to win games.
    He does not have the firepower in his game to come from behind much. Once he's in pass-first situations, he is a diff QB. He had a couple decent 4th quarter drives before gettin benched after his injury, but I'm 100% not sold on him being anything better than a slightly average QB with a high IQ and discipline managing games.
    He's sorta like a Chad Pennington to me, a guy who needed every single brain cell to make up for his lack of talent, and made him a semi-successful QB on crappy teams.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Time will tell, Smith is a safe qb which is ok in nfl.

I say KC ends up 10-6

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's still early. KC beat JAX, DAL and PHI. Not exactly a murderer's row of playoff teams. NYG will be a good test.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Average QB

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i can see kc going all the way

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

People keep saying smith is not that good but all he does is win. He led sf back against the saints two years ago in the playoffs and the giants needed all the luck in the world to beat him. One thing for sure about smith he rarely will be the guy that loses you the game. Kc will make the playoffs. That's good enough for a team that went 2-14 last year. Sf is done. Superbowl losers usually struggle anyways. Eagles still have hope but they aint winning the div.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

giants ml.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

sf let him go even when he was 8-0 so its not like they didnt know he could win. they let him go cause they felt he didnt give them a chance to go to the sb and maybe win it which kap did. no reason for him to laugh unless he takes kc to the sb.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a soft schedule, they could easily Matt Cassel their way to a double digit win season.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's still early. KC beat JAX, DAL and PHI. Not exactly a murderer's row of playoff teams. NYG will be a good test.
    Yeah, the Giants will be a really good test!

Giants

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

penetrate chiefs fans. I can't wait until the titans WHOOP DEY ASS.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i can see kc going all the way
    Sir, please step away from the crack pipe...

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Kaep is only good against bad defenses. He looks like the same guy from Nevada who runs first if his initial read isn't there. Defenses are figuring out his one dimension ways and hell be out of the league soon enough. Eagles are just a shit team doesn't matter whose coaching them all chip is doing is adding excitement and flash not wins. Good for the chiefs

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

one word to describe alex smith.... he "SUCKS".

only thing that's saving kc right now is their defense and their running game.

but they're not baltimore 2000 and trent dilfer the worst qb in super bowl history is even better than alex smith.

once the defensive coordinators figure out that he is afraid to throw down field, he won't be able to do anything.

just watch...

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by mw00 View Post
    sf let him go even when he was 8-0 so its not like they didnt know he could win. they let him go cause they felt he didnt give them a chance to go to the sb and maybe win it which kap did. no reason for him to laugh unless he takes kc to the sb.
    They would been in the super bowl if it wasn't for two late fumbles against the Giants who beat the Patriots that year.

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    penetrate chiefs fans. I can't wait until the titans WHOOP DEY ASS.
    We'll see it should be a good game, I don't doubt they'll win and are the favorites I believe but a blowout is unlikely considering the Titans were down 7 going into the fourth against the Chargers this week. It should be a close low scoring game.

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Good post But you are forgetting one thing about Alex, he hasn't exactly been challenged yet. He needs leads to win games.
    He does not have the firepower in his game to come from behind much. Once he's in pass-first situations, he is a diff QB. He had a couple decent 4th quarter drives before gettin benched after his injury, but I'm 100% not sold on him being anything better than a slightly average QB with a high IQ and discipline managing games.
    He's sorta like a Chad Pennington to me, a guy who needed every single brain cell to make up for his lack of talent, and made him a semi-successful QB on crappy teams.
    He had 7 GM winning drives in 2011. He kept pace with Brees in their conference semifinal game.

BennyBigNuts

No doubt he had a great year in 2011, and he definitely got the shaft in SF no matter if he's good or bad honestly, he was a winner. Most teams at least let you lose your job first when you are getting good results.

I was talking about not being challenged yet this year. The chiefs much improved defense has been gettin it done so far, but eventually he will be challenged and be put to the test. I'm interested to see how he performs.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

They won't be laughing when they lose to the Giants.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    No doubt he had a great year in 2011, and he definitely got the shaft in SF no matter if he's good or bad honestly, he was a winner. Most teams at least let you lose your job first when you are getting good results.
    alex smith is little better than teblow.

if teblow replaced alex smith.

kc would still have the same results.

but the reason why teams don't want teblow around is due to attracting too much attention from the religious nuts.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Giants have too much talent and too much desperation to go 0-4. Think they get to Smith next week.

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

KC D is stout last season also but only 2-wins, give the guy some credit...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Yeah, the Giants will be a really good test!

Giants
    Giants are a recent champion. It's a good test just like Reid's former team was last week.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Chiefs under 9.5 wins (+100) is starting to tickle my twine.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Chiefs won't even make it to the playoffs. They beat the Jags, lowly Eagles, and barely survived Dallas at home if it weren't for dropsy Dez Bryant.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts, and k13

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Lets see what the chiefs do when they are down 10+ points. Luckily, they have a great home field. I can see them grabbing a wild card slot or going 8-8. Coach of the year in the making.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Lol. Giants will be a good test????

giants fans said same thing last week. "They're desperate, no way they go 0-3". 38-0??????

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

As a life long Eagles fan let me prep KC fans for 1 inevitable fact..... Andy will lose you 2 games with his game management alone
    The guy can't manage the clock nor time-outs
    He has a good defense holding them in games right now but Cinderella will turn into a pumpkin before too long
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    As a life long Eagles fan let me prep KC fans for 1 inevitable fact..... Andy will lose you 2 games with his game management alone
    He has a good defense holding them in games right now but Cinderella will turn into a pumpkin before too long
    ]

Perfectly executed post here, I've said the same thing about that fat slob for years.
    He's had plenty of talent, and granted he's been cursed with Black Qb's who we all know can't win big games, but he still sucks in the clutch and actual crunch time coaching situations.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Alex Smith and Andy Reid Laughing their balls off so far. Do they get the last laugh?

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They won't be laughing when they lose to the Giants.
    Doubt it.

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Well hopefully the old dog can learn a new trick. And Alex Smith will help with that clock management.

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The Chiefs won't even make it to the playoffs. They beat the Jags, lowly Eagles, and barely survived Dallas at home if it weren't for dropsy Dez Bryant.
    They might not but they're about 1/3 of the way there and their schedule isn't that difficult.

12 Last