Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Will the TExas Rangers ever win a game again?

This might be a bigger collapse than the Redsox a couple of years ago.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd love these schmucks to blow it. Be a nice Winter depression for the Dallas-Ft.Worth sports scene. It's all Nelson Cruz' fault or Tony Romo ... probably both.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Down 4 runs probably looks like 40 from Rangers dugout. Can't believe they'll get swept four games in Tampa though.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'd love these schmucks to blow it. Be a nice Winter depression for the Dallas-Ft.Worth sports scene. It's all Nelson Cruz' fault or Tony Romo ... probably both.

Don't forget about that exciting Mavs team you guys have.

No way Ron "Tony Montana" Washington survives after this year's collapse, right?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Texas.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Don't forget about that exciting Mavs team you guys have.

No way Ron "Tony Montana" Washington survives after this year's collapse, right?
    He'll get a pass. Front office I think is more to blame more not getting the offense better help. They knew the Cruz suspension was coming, but they did not really move on any of the big names with any seriousness. They got somewhat lucky I think to get Rios on waivers to save face. The Garza trade really didn't turn out to be the slick move everyone thought it was. It certainly helped them through some injuries, but he hasn't pitched all that well overall. To a point, I think they stuck to not mortgaging the future for the present maybe realizing that both the Tigers and Red Sox are better than them even if they made the playoffs. Of course that is a tough sell to fans who have seen them go to the World Series now and really when you're in position, you should be going for it because you're never promised another shot.

They still have a great farm system for the future, but I think they underestimated the A's - thinking they had the horses to compete. But when it came to clutch time, they have failed miserably here in September. I didn't grow up in the DFW area, so I don't really care for any of the teams here - the Stars are about the only one I root for. I think most of it for me is that the fan bases of the Rangers and Cowboys especially are idiotic to a fault. Cowboys especially think their shit doesn't stink. Haven't won a playoff game in over 15 years, but cling to their Super Bowl Championships from the 90s as a reason why they are better than your team, even if your team is making the playoffs or beating their asses handily.

Rangers fans are mostly of the bandwagon variety which irritates me like no other. I notice this the most because the past two seasons, almost every friend I have here would clutter Facebook with shit when they were winning in September. Now that they are flopping, only a couple of my die hards post stuff every day with most of the "fans" having already jumped ship to football season.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 09-16-13 at 11:45 PM.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't understand Cowboys fans and their eternal optimism. Some seem to be pessimistic because they're convinced the team will never win again until Jerry Jones is gone, but most I interact with are way too high on their team.

Baseball in Texas has always been a bit of a bandwagon thing. I didn't see any Rangers caps around Houston a few years ago. Now, the Ranger fans outnumber the Astro fans at a game in Houston. When the Astros made their playoff runs with Clemens, Oswalt, etc. they were selling out constantly and getting all kinds of attention. Just kind of how it goes with baseball in Texas.

Houston and DFW aren't all that different in terms of the fairweather nature of the fans ... except for football. They're similar football fan bases in that both cities seem to be far too confident in their team's abilities, yet they have a high level of distrust in their quarterbacks.

EaglesPhan36

Oh - I know, I grew up in Houston. People come out of the woodwork when teams make the playoffs and don't give two shits otherwise. Astros I think are the worst. Texans have been a popular sell because football always sells, but baseball is definitely the third wheel behind football and hoops.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

After researching this all night....... No.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

The good news is that i hit five in a row going against them. The bad news is that i have them Over 86.5 for the year in wins. Already got the money back in case i lose and the way they are losing what 13 out of the last 15. It looks eerily similar to that Red Sox collapse a few years ago. I think they lost 40 in a row after being up about ten games

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Opie check in

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Texas.
    Dwarfism

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Dwarfism
    Bitch T!ts

opie1988

Bitch T!ts
    Mexican midgets

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Mexican midgets
    Texan bitch

opie1988

Texan bitch
    Let's always remember this......

I can always lose a few lbs.......but you can never grow.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

As a lifelong Rangers fan, this is the first time I have ever stopped watching the Rangers in September. Even through the bad seasons, I watched to the end. Not this year, I can't watch it anymore. The sad thing is all they need to do is get a wild card spot and get hot in October and none of this will matter. But until the wild card game, can't watch anymore. In fact, this is how I feel right now:

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Let's always remember this......

I can always lose a few lbs.......but you can never grow.
    first of all fatso, you're never losing weight, second of all that's probably no fat it's probably estrogen

And why would I want to grow, I'm the perfect bodybuilding height...

opie1988

first of all fatso, you're never losing weight, second of all that's probably no fat it's probably estrogen

And why would I want to grow, I'm the perfect bodybuilding height...

Since when is 4'3 the "perfect bodybuilding height"? Do you have to pose on a step-ladder for the judges to see you?

(Please pardon any typos in this post, its difficult to type while holding this damn breast pump!)

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Mr Olympia #1 and 2...5'9 and 5'8... and you're a fat giraffe fukk..

opie1988

Mr Olympia #1 and 2 5'9 and 5'8... and you're a fat giraffe fukk..
    That looks ridiculous. I've seen you in person, and you look nothing like that.

Although your hairstyle is very similar to #2.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

That looks ridiculous. I've seen you in person, and you look nothing like that.

Although your hairstyle is very similar to #2.
    of course I don't look like them.. They're Olympian, meaning 2x the food I take, tren/test, slin, and hgh and 10+ years of training.. Alright fatso??? And when did you see me in a thong??? and next time you see me i hope I look more like a midget, it only means I'm getting wider

Texas.
    Last edited by King Mayan; 09-17-13 at 08:54 PM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

haha ron washington.

way to use nathan in those high leverage situations. washington may be a great person but his tactical decisions have cost the rangers majorly over the past few years.

i think this collapse will finally give them an excuse to fire him. he cost them a world series by being out managed by tony la russa. he continued to play michael young last year when he was worst player in baseball. the GM finally got rid of him so washington couldn't keep starting him.

the GM does hold some responsibilty for signing elvis andrus to a long term contract and not forcing washington to play profar everyday at shortstop.