EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arian Foster says He Got Paid at Tennessee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ng-money-at-ut

"I really didn't have any money," Foster said. "I had to either pay the rent or buy some food. I remember the feeling of like, 'Man, be careful.' But there's nothing wrong with it. And you're not going to convince me that there is something wrong with it. There were plenty of times where throughout the month I didn't have enough for food. Our stadium had like 107,000 seats; 107,000 people buying a ticket to come watch us play. It's tough just like knowing that, being aware of that. We had just won and I had a good game, 100 yards or whatever You go outside and there's hundreds of kids waiting for you. You're signing autographs, taking pictures, whatever. Then I walk back, and reality sets in. I go to my dorm room, open my fridge, and there's nothing in my fridge. Hold up, man. What just happened? Why don't I have anything to show for what I just did?
    Um, what? Since when do you pay rent for a dorm room when you're on scholarship?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I am completely shocked and disgusted by this.

I never will watch NCAAF again

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Nominated

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Yoou won't miss much.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't really understand what the point is of these guys coming out and saying this stuff now is at all.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Why bury the football program that got you to where you are now?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Good on him.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

From what I remember, he didn't get along with anyone at UT

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    From what I remember, he didn't get along with anyone at UT

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's on full scholarship and it didn't pay for food/room and board? If that's true, idk how tenner keeps any recruits. I know for a fact that none of the scholarship football players ever had an issue with food - i lived in the same dorms as them at the university of arkansas. All of the ones on scholarship have an unlimited meal plan for the entire time they are on campus. Their room and board is also completely paid for.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Arian had an awful experience at Tennessee...

There is a reason he went in 7th round or undrafted (I forget)

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    undrafted? big ups to the vols for getting him league minimum for several years id stick it to those pricks also..plus they should get paid anyways everyone else is.. shouldnt hurt that bad long as they gave him cash like johnny fb got, ncaa has no teeth..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These guys are creeps

He will always be known as a rat now

real bad trait
    Guys are going to try and hurt Foster on field and I hope they do and end his career and teach him a lesson you dont talk

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    These guys are creeps

real bad trait
    Guys are going to try and hurt Foster on field and I hope they do and end his career and teach him a lesson you dont talk
    i wouldnt want to hurt him cause i rather he be running against me than tate right now..

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    These guys are creeps

real bad trait
    he my fantasy back... hope they wait till next year

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    he my fantasy back... hope they wait till next year
    bad move if you didnt handcuff him with tate

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't really understand what the point is of these guys coming out and saying this stuff now is at all.
    They do this shit to make it harder for these kids coming up to get paid.I agree that they are getting a free education but everyone out to make a few dollars and these kids are no different.I say good for them,the colleges are cashing in on their asses.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ng-money-at-ut

Um, what? Since when do you pay rent for a dorm room when you're on scholarship?
    YOU DONT.

that is complete bullshit.

there was awesome piece last year about a kid from alaska who was a walk on WR for Oregon was PAYING for his tuition...the kid was BURIED in student loans and wasn't going to graduate but kept attending school cause he loved being apart of the football team. long story short. the kid was practice squad.. the piece was based about how in Oregons bowl game a player faked an injury and they got the kid in the game for one play...he was wide open...but Bryan Bennett tucked it and decided to run.

my point here is...in the piece it was heart breaking cause the kid expressed how after practice..after he busted his ass (now rememer he is a WALK ON, paying full tuition buried in student loans), after practice, the scholarship players have to be seperated from non scholarship players as scholarship players go to the dining hall to be fed like kings and non scholarship players have to go off and fend for themselves and find food...and he talked about how that was so tough for him. Chip Kelly said he was one of the best practice squad players he ever had. and the kid had to go eat ramen noodles after every practice while every one else got steak potatoes.

Arian Foster is full of shit

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Fukin Snitch

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is a lying POS, but the people believing that stupid drivvle and the reporter who put it out there are equally to blame. Everyone with half a brain (which I guess is abt 40% of USA now) knows the athletes room and board are paid for. This sports reporter didn't know that? I had the "training table" ticket in college and never used it but a few times. But, the football players could load up and then take the extra back to the dorm with them. If u needed a job for extra cash, all u had to do was ask. I had a real job, but I knew some dudes with Soprano type union jobs, but they did have to show up and sit around. I still remember I made a whole $1.90 an hour for my campus job. (I know I am old!!) Now it is true, I go the job cause I was All-Conference, but I did work and was super glad to get the paycheck. Get rid of the propaganda badge saying we finished 3rd. We finished 2nd.
    Last edited by katstale; 09-20-13 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Wrong Badge!!

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Arian Foster is not a NIG

He is supposedly one of the smartest, deepest thinking, philosophical players in the league. He's apparently a poet. It probably bugged the hell out of him and he wanted to get it off his chest.

Ten is a dirty program. You think that fat ass Redneck Fullmer wasn't paying kids? That school revolves around the football team of course he was paying kids.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    YOU DONT.

that is complete bullshit.

there was awesome piece last year about a kid from alaska who was a walk on WR for Oregon was PAYING for his tuition...the kid was BURIED in student loans and wasn't going to graduate but kept attending school cause he loved being apart of the football team. long story short. the kid was practice squad.. the piece was based about how in Oregons bowl game a player faked an injury and they got the kid in the game for one play...he was wide open...but Bryan Bennett tucked it and decided to run.

my point here is...in the piece it was heart breaking cause the kid expressed how after practice..after he busted his ass (now rememer he is a WALK ON, paying full tuition buried in student loans), after practice, the scholarship players have to be seperated from non scholarship players as scholarship players go to the dining hall to be fed like kings and non scholarship players have to go off and fend for themselves and find food...and he talked about how that was so tough for him. Chip Kelly said he was one of the best practice squad players he ever had. and the kid had to go eat ramen noodles after every practice while every one else got steak potatoes.

Arian Foster is full of shit

oh boo hoo, if you want steak and potatoes go get a fkin job then, I took 16-18 credits every semester and worked 36-40 hours every week during college, its a b*tch but If I can pull it off I'm sure plenty of other people can

C-Gold

Football players at the big time schools eat like kings.

They eat better than millionaires.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    oh boo hoo, if you want steak and potatoes go get a fkin job then, I took 16-18 credits every semester and worked 36-40 hours every week during college, its a b*tch but If I can pull it off I'm sure plenty of other people can
    You were a full time athlete too?

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You were a full time athlete too?
    yeah, I'm sure he was a walk full time WR at Oregon.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

College players should get paid. Why not? Look how much these programs make.

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Bullshit. I went to school at Miami University (the MAC school in Ohio) and lived in one of the athletic dorms. I'm still friends with one of our former linemen. They got unlimited meal plans, free housing, and plus a stipend (about $1k a year) for books and clothes. None of them spent it on books. This was a MAC school. I can only imagine it was equal or better everywhere else. STFU Arian.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    snitches get stitches.

and all u pussies that whine about college players need to get paid, man up. typical ENTITLED behavior by todays kids

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wrong. Most teams lose money.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Arian Foster is not a NIG

He is supposedly one of the smartest, deepest thinking, philosophical players in the league. He's apparently a poet. It probably bugged the hell out of him and he wanted to get it off his chest.

Ten is a dirty program. You think that fat ass Redneck Fullmer wasn't paying kids? That school revolves around the football team of course he was paying kids.
    He is half Mexican...

All these rich fukks keep getting rich of these broke ass football players..

I hope these kids get paid one of these days.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They get free tuition room and board.

At some of these bigger schools that could mean 20K to 50K per year.

It is not the schools fault most of them choose to act like 66ers and major in tree planting 101.

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!

Some billionaire entrepreneur should just create a feeder league to the NFL for kids aged 17-21. Make a 20 team league, pay the kids, provide them with tutors, and make bank. ESPN would pay good money for the TV rights, you'd have no problem getting the best athletes (it's pretty obvious they'd rather get paid than go to school), and it would simplify the college game for the casual fan. SEC homers will say what about the tradition. Well the players are driving the bus and they've said they want to be paid.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post
    Some billionaire entrepreneur should just create a feeder league to the NFL for kids aged 17-21. Make a 20 team league, pay the kids, provide them with tutors, and make bank. ESPN would pay good money for the TV rights, you'd have no problem getting the best athletes (it's pretty obvious they'd rather get paid than go to school), and it would simplify the college game for the casual fan. SEC homers will say what about the tradition. Well the players are driving the bus and they've said they want to be paid.
    With like 20 teams that would be like an all star league.

Weren't they talking about a guy like Clowney quitting school and going to play in Canada for a year or something and just going to the NFL?

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    With like 20 teams that would be like an all star league.

Weren't they talking about a guy like Clowney quitting school and going to play in Canada for a year or something and just going to the NFL?
    Speaking of Canada their CHL (Canadian Hockey League) is a perfect example of how the league could work. Make it 30 teams if you like. You have to realize though that even big time college football programs have 20 scholarship kids that can't play (busts). I think I remember a quote recently from Saban saying he had a dozen kids who just aren't any good. In a league like this all those kids would end up getting cut. Also the idea is that it would be like an all star league. Take all the best college players and you'll get a more refined game and have players more refined for the NFL.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    He is half Mexican...
    is wrong. is american mestiza womans. and is slut lay down on back and make open hole for afro player on american footballs team locally

but she make do good successes. lay down on the back and open the poosy for to make good monies in future! and she do this! good successes!

who laugh now? she make pawn the ring of wedding becawse afro player father not put food on tables. but! she know this! athletic man put explosions of sexual milks inside of her and one day those sexual milks become large man who make her the money in futures!

she is success and make good successes! may be slut in the past but now her poosy make her big monies! who laugh now she tells the people.

12 Last