jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Arkansas Vs Rutgers Is A Strange Game

If Rutgers QB was healthy this would be a massive play but I think he is out
    Rutgers has a top shelf RB, Ark defense not bad

Does anyone know much about Arkansas?

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

I've been looking at it a lot. Word on the street is that Nova (Rutgers starting qb) is expected to play. Hogs seem to have a distinct advantage on the defensive line and a substantial (50 lb average) size advantage on the offensive line vs. Rutgers D-line. Hogs starting qb injured last week and is not expected to play. This is important bc of Rutgers' vulnerability against the pass is well documented and no one knows if/how Arkansas' run-heavy offense will be able to exploit this weakness. Another question is whether Hogs o line can wear down Rutgers smaller, athletic defensive front 7. Rutgers also have a starting linebacker out which hurts their run defense... Yet another question is whether Rutgers offense will be able to take advantage of Hogs weakest link on defense (linebacker) via the short and intermediate passing attack (I suspect they'll be able to...although Hogs defense is much improved compared to last year)

Lots of uncertainty here... The under is certainly a possibility.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Under

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hard to know about Old Queen's

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Rutgers.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by weatherhawg View Post
    I've been looking at it a lot. Word on the street is that Nova (Rutgers starting qb) is expected to play. Hogs seem to have a distinct advantage on the defensive line and a substantial (50 lb average) size advantage on the offensive line vs. Rutgers D-line. Hogs starting qb injured last week and is not expected to play. This is important bc of Rutgers' vulnerability against the pass is well documented and no one knows if/how Arkansas' run-heavy offense will be able to exploit this weakness. Another question is whether Hogs o line can wear down Rutgers smaller, athletic defensive front 7. Rutgers also have a starting linebacker out which hurts their run defense... Yet another question is whether Rutgers offense will be able to take advantage of Hogs weakest link on defense (linebacker) via the short and intermediate passing attack (I suspect they'll be able to...although Hogs defense is much improved compared to last year)

Lots of uncertainty here... The under is certainly a possibility.
    fellow hog fan here - great write up. Agree with everything said. I think if Arkansas D-line can get quick pressure on the QB without having to blitz, we will be able to put some makeup on our weak secondary. We have one of the top D-lines in the SEC so I'm hoping that happens.

What worries me most about this game is Rutgers D loading 8 in the box and forcing us to throw with our backup QB. One of our RB's J. Williams mentioned that at half they were able to point out some simple mistakes we were making that was helping So. Miss stop us in the run. Sure enough we got it together in the second half. Also, our backup QB improved with each possession last game but I'm still not sold on whether he can make the throws to win this game. If Rutgers can shut down our running game we will be toast for sure. Big if though.

If I'm not an Arkansas fan, I'm not touching this game at all. Remember, Rutgers QB coming off a slight concussion and if the Arkansas D-line get's to him early I think it will get in his head and he will play timid. Same time, we have a backup QB playing and if they stop our run and pass protect well we will lose. Again, tricky game for sure and would stay away at all costs here. I'm only taking Arkansas +pts because I'm a homer and I like our matchup on the O and D line.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Fellow Hog here. I'm staying far away. The under sounds nice though.

9ersPride
    9ersPride's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas St.

jjgold

After these write ups I am leaning small to Arkansas

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

After these write ups I am leaning small to Arkansas

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Garbage game

PASS

weatherhawg

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    fellow hog fan here - great write up. Agree with everything said. I think if Arkansas D-line can get quick pressure on the QB without having to blitz, we will be able to put some makeup on our weak secondary. We have one of the top D-lines in the SEC so I'm hoping that happens.

What worries me most about this game is Rutgers D loading 8 in the box and forcing us to throw with our backup QB. One of our RB's J. Williams mentioned that at half they were able to point out some simple mistakes we were making that was helping So. Miss stop us in the run. Sure enough we got it together in the second half. Also, our backup QB improved with each possession last game but I'm still not sold on whether he can make the throws to win this game. If Rutgers can shut down our running game we will be toast for sure. Big if though.

If I'm not an Arkansas fan, I'm not touching this game at all. Remember, Rutgers QB coming off a slight concussion and if the Arkansas D-line get's to him early I think it will get in his head and he will play timid. Same time, we have a backup QB playing and if they stop our run and pass protect well we will lose. Again, tricky game for sure and would stay away at all costs here. I'm only taking Arkansas +pts because I'm a homer and I like our matchup on the O and D line.

I'm in the same boat Huckleberry Pig. I'm making a small bet on Arkansas and its mainly a homer bet. One other potentially important angle here is the fact that the Hogs have been very vanilla on offense through this point in the season and at some point they're going to open things up a bit. I'm **guessing** this will be the game they do it...

Hogs +2.5, ML small for me...

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Rutgers is great against the run and Arkansas has no passing game. Rutgers is home and less than a fg favorite, really all I need to know.

jjgold

No idea but I took Ark

Needed a 3rd game

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

i just bet the under at cascade

weatherhawg

Hogs lucky to have the lead at half. Rutgers had two long drives come up empty early... Hogs need some offense in a big way in order to keep this halftime lead. Another pick 6 wouldn't hurt either