Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Marshall +10 & +305 @ Virginia Tech Saturday 9/21 12:00pm EST

I haven't provided a write up in quite sometime, and as I've been studying and watching lines (No Coin style) trying to recover from last night. I think I might of found a nice little gem to start your Saturday.

It's no secret that Beamer Ball is long gone, and Hokies are not the team they once were. Logan Thomas has all the talent required to succeed but he has just been unable to get it going.

They are ending their non conference slate Saturday Afternoon @ home against the Thundering Herd. A team who is much improved and really very talented. They have great balance on both sides of the ball. Entering this match-up ranked 5th in Total Defense and 20th in Total Offense (granted the small sample size).

Now Bud Foster is one of the best DC's in the game, and of course brings another stellar unit this year. Ranking 4th overall in Total Defense. They were really impressive in the opener against #1 Alabama. Logan Thomas could not move the sticks and yet the Hokie Defense continued to fight hard.

Every NCAAF fan knows, how the early kick can make squads come out sluggish even at Home. Especially when a smaller school like Marshall is visiting (very short trip) a Big Name School like Virginia Tech.

If the Thundering herd can just get a big play early in this game and they start believing they can pull the upset, WATCH OUT. Don't forget that when Logan Thomas try's to force the issue, he makes mistakes.

They should be in this game all day long, as it should be very low scoring. Marshall is a much better team than people think and I think the Line shows it.

This game opened at 11.5 and has dropped, along with the total going from 53 to 49.

For whatever reason I missed this game when doing my capping this week, and normally I wouldn't recommend betting such a bad number.

However I'm going to recommend a Strong Play on Marshall +10. Also, I think it be worth it to hit the ML as well. Don't hesitate to parlay them with the Under.
    As the Correlation fits.

Side Notes

-Va Tech kicking game is not good I believe the kid missed 2 Fg's and an Extra point last week. He has all kinds of personal issues going on. This could really help the upset bid.

-Va Tech OC used to work with Marshall DC @ Temple and Florida.

-Va Tech could be looking ahead to ACC Schedule upcoming

-Marshall Offensive Attack contains a lot very quick passing routes, (which is exactly how you slow down a big time Pass Rush like Va Tech's)

-Va Tech Starting Tailback JC Coleman Banged up and might not play

-Marshall QB Rakeem Cato is one of the better QB's you never heard off.

-Va Tech plays Ga Tech Thursday NIght (some early prep for ACC play?)

Once again this is not an ALL in play or anything but I've hit this game pretty hard. So tail, fade or troll

OTHER SAT PLAYS:

Duke +4.5
    North Texas +33
    USC -6.5

Good luck Gentlemen

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I agree. The only way va tech covers is if their defense scores or gets multiple turnovers in Marshall territory. Tech's qb is erratic and needs to Fukkin graduate ASAP.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Papi went all in on Marshall today on Highly Questionable. So between that & LK, this is a winner in my eyes

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

ill take a stab at plus 10

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid good write ups but dont look for a game to bet

Let the games come to you Son

Your a degenerate like me though

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Marshall was my bcs buster team this year. Like the play and no one should be surprised if they win SU

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    I agree. The only way va tech covers is if their defense scores or gets multiple turnovers in Marshall territory. Tech's qb is erratic and needs to Fukkin graduate ASAP.
    No lie BW, After His freshman year I thought he'd win the Heisman eventually...

They have done such a poor job teaching the kid how to read defenses, imo...

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

The old OC was horrible. One problem he has is he doesn't step towards his target. His footwork needs a lot of work. That combined with a horrible WR group and you score 10-15 points a game.

However, the youngsters may play better at home.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i'm going to be on it too. ATS and moneyline i think

i do wonder what happens when a better team with an inept/struggling offense plays a 80th to 110th ranked defense. do they score easily or is there still a problem with execution? now marshall is close to 110th so far i think

two questions:

i think phil steele had marshall as one of his most improved defenses this year (maybe #1)? anyone know what's happened with that.

what happened last week vs. ohio? i believe marshall lost and was behind signficantly for much of the game..

i think cato, the qb, has had good numbers in almost every game the last 3 years.....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i'm going to be on it too. ATS and moneyline i think

i do wonder what happens when a better team with an inept/struggling offense plays a 80th to 110th ranked defense. do they score easily or is there still a problem with execution? now marshall is close to 110th so far i think

two questions:

i think phil steele had marshall as one of his most improved defenses this year (maybe #1)? anyone know what's happened with that.

what happened last week vs. ohio? i believe marshall lost and was behind signficantly for much of the game..

i think cato, the qb, has had good numbers in almost every game the last 3 years.....
    Marshall Defense is much improved, They had 4 Turnovers against OHIO (only 1 INT).

They still only gave up like 350 yards

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Love the play LK... Logan Thomas is absolutely pathetic. This guy is a head case. I always expect him to fukk up sometime, somewhere in the game. He has all the physical skills but is a natural born loser. VaTech would be better off with the volleyball player Logan Tom playing QB. At least she can spike the ball.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Marshall was cruising in the 1st half then apparently never came out of the locker room at halftime... Marshall fukked me last week. BUT, VaTech fukks you every week. Marshall or nothing for me.

Marshall Defense is much improved, They had 4 Turnovers against OHIO (only 1 INT).

They still only gave up like 350 yards

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Liking the play.

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

LKid, I like the play. Tech fukked me lest week. LT is so bad and their play calling sucks too. BUT... I'm a Miami grad so I can't in good conscious bet on the Turd. Go Hawks.

NiCkLe GiLcH
    NiCkLe GiLcH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Tailed for a dime
    Let's his this please, Kay?
    BoL all

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

read defenses? kid doesnt even know how to throw a damn fb...like the play tho!!

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by NiCkLe GiLcH View Post
    Tailed for a dime
    Let's his this please, Kay?
    BoL all

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

game opened at 11?

i saw it on bookmaker at 7.5 about 3 days ago. was going to put VT -1/2 in a teaser but it smelled fishy with the noon start so i passed

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

per 5 Dimes

09/20 05:10 PM +10 -107 -10 -103
    09/20 03:14 PM +9½ -101 -9½ -109
    09/20 12:56 PM +9½ -105 -9½ -105
    09/20 12:00 PM +8 -106 -8 -104
    09/19 11:10 AM +8 -110 -8 -110
    09/19 11:10 AM +7½ -105 -7½ -115
    09/19 08:20 AM +7½ -115 -7½ -105
    09/19 08:15 AM +7½ -110 -7½ -110
    09/19 01:29 AM +8½ -110 -8½ -110
    09/17 06:26 PM +9 -110 -9 -110
    09/17 08:24 AM +9½ -110 -9½ -110
    09/16 01:26 PM +10 -110 -10 -110
    09/16 12:04 PM +9½ -110 -9½ -110
    09/16 12:01 PM +10 -110 -10 -110
    09/16 11:26 AM +10½ -110 -10½ -110
    09/16 02:09 AM +11 -110 -11 -110
    09/15 05:46 PM +11½ -110 -11½ -110
    09/15 05:06 PM +11 -110 -11 -110
    09/15 12:17 PM +11½ -110 -11½ -110

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Herby just picked this as his upset pick

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

gl vtech usually plays better at home and marshall hasnt played in as hostile environment as vtech crowd provides.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    gl vtech usually plays better at home and marshall hasnt played in as hostile environment as vtech crowd provides.

VT will be half empty at noon with an out of conference team coming into town

if i see any +11.5 im going to tease that to +18.5 with the under. who does thomas even have to throw to. can they score even 28

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Dropping to 9.5 at some places

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

but tony tall can marshall score on vt's d vt could win 14-3

BIGSACK
    BIGSACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Teased vt down to -3 because Vt has the best d and offense Marshall has yet to face. Don't know if Marshall will cover, but I definitely not seeing them winning. They lost to an Ohio team that made bridgewater look like Johnny football 5.0, which gotta totally brought back down to earth last wk in Kentucky. the vt d will be too much for this Marshall team that runs up the score against nobodies.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit I looked this thing up and down just cuz Kidder posted it makes it worth the time.

But I can't buy it.

Three times I watched games involving these two teams. Watched Tech@Bama, watched Marshall @ Ohio and Tech @ ECU.

Three things come to mind. The size and speed of Tech D is way, way more than Marshall has seen this year. An absolutely huge step up in class. And you get the whiteout at Lane to deal with. Marshall looked rattled with the snap count on several drives in Ohio. False starts, fumbles, a timeout in the middle of the second quarter cuz they shit was not together, three sacks and a few holds.......in Ohio. Ohio held them to 3.4 yds a carry Now they get a legit top 20 defense on the road. Marshall has some great athletes and a quick strike calibre offense but I gotta see one against a halfway decent team first. Gardner fukkin Webb, Ohio and Miami of Ohio ain't get my blood boiling here. Might as well fukkin play Deemer State.

That Rackeem kid fukkin Cato or whoever is a gunslinger. He got caught up trying to do too much in Ohio. Fukk got picked off once by Gardner Webb. I still ain't fukkin sure that ain't a hardware store.

Tech held Bama to around 200 yards in that game and were tough as nails. Bama no where near the offensive threat they showed last week but they are legitimate. ECU did stuff Tech up fairly at ECU. Tech's offense is not much but they were able to run the ball on Bama some. What I do see on paper is a team that ain't too fukkin good but does not try to do too much. They only have one turnover thus far.

The disparity between strength of opponents and Lane Stadium are enough to stay off and even look the other way. Tech D may even help out here against a gunslinger who will chukk it and fukk it.

May look to see any buy back. If I can get it @ 9 I may have a look.

Good luck to errybody with whatever.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Shit I looked this thing up and down just cuz Kidder posted it makes it worth the time.

But I can't buy it.

Three times I watched games involving these two teams. Watched Tech@Bama, watched Marshall @ Ohio and Tech @ ECU.

Three things come to mind. The size and speed of Tech D is way, way more than Marshall has seen this year. An absolutely huge step up in class. And you get the whiteout at Lane to deal with. Marshall looked rattled with the snap count on several drives in Ohio. False starts, fumbles, a timeout in the middle of the second quarter cuz they shit was not together, three sacks and a few holds.......in Ohio. Ohio held them to 3.4 yds a carry Now they get a legit top 20 defense on the road. Marshall has some great athletes and a quick strike calibre offense but I gotta see one against a halfway decent team first. Gardner fukkin Webb, Ohio and Miami of Ohio ain't get my blood boiling here. Might as well fukkin play Deemer State.

That Rackeem kid fukkin Cato or whoever is a gunslinger. He got caught up trying to do too much in Ohio. Fukk got picked off once by Gardner Webb. I still ain't fukkin sure that ain't a hardware store.

Tech held Bama to around 200 yards in that game and were tough as nails. Bama no where near the offensive threat they showed last week but they are legitimate. ECU did stuff Tech up fairly at ECU. Tech's offense is not much but they were able to run the ball on Bama some. What I do see on paper is a team that ain't too fukkin good but does not try to do too much. They only have one turnover thus far.

The disparity between strength of opponents and Lane Stadium are enough to stay off and even look the other way. Tech D may even help out here against a gunslinger who will chukk it and fukk it.

May look to see any buy back. If I can get it @ 9 I may have a look.

Good luck to errybody with whatever.
    Awesome post gueye...

Anything stand out to you this weekend?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome post gueye...

Anything stand out to you this weekend?
    Kidder I ain't ready yet. Need one more week. Just looked at this one cuz you wrote it.
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave billysink 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Virginia Tech has too much defense for Marshall. Marshall does have a good offense but have only played Miami OH and Gardner Webb. If Alabama couldn't move the ball against Va Tech, then how is Marshall. Marshall's defense is much improved from last year but it couldn't have gotten any worse. I think Va Tech covers, but I hope I'm wrong.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

seems good i think, douchestreet maya mushed it tho

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marshall's offensive line going to have major problems vs VT's D line.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

love the over

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Tech wins this by double digits. Lane stadium will be loud and full. Unless Byron left which starts tomorrow, it'll be easy 6 pickin's for tech's secondary.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

^ didn't hear? Chad & Randy suiting up tomorrow

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

great write up LK. Equally good write up by Billy. Not playing this one but GL, will be pullin for ya. Whether you win or not at least you are puttin some time into explainin your pick instead of some bullshyt "pick ___ and thank me later".

GL mate.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

1234 ... Last