brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

it was funny I heard on radio they vick as going to get a contract extension if he "stays healthy."

now that is highbrow comedy.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Options are pretty limited for the Eagles as far as QBs in this system with what they currently have and what is available. There are no marquee FA QBs who fit this system in 2014 and honestly I think drafting one is the way they are going to find the future fit if there is one.

They might be in position to get a QB who can be a future fit in the draft, but that might require trading another pick to move up higher in the 1st round unless they totally tank the season. Defense would be more pressing of a need, but that might be easier to address in free agency than the draft.

That's why it will probably make sense for them to bring Vick back again if he produces in this system and isn't broken physically. I think they will be extra careful about how much they pay him and the structure of the deal though to make it easy to cut ties and not get fukked like they did last time when they signed him to that mega deal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vick teases us with greatness and then horrific

Its why they keep playing him

He had longest QB run last night in Eagle History

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    3 games in and he's failed?
    How many games do you need to give him benefit of the doubt? Let's see how philly looks after 10 games.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How many games do you need to give him benefit of the doubt? Let's see how philly looks after 10 games.
    Umm how about more than 3. Jesus lol.

He inherited a team with a god awful defense and a brainless qb. They went 4-12 last year this thing ain't turning around overnight. Especially with that defense.

lakerboy

That defense isn't gonna get better with him coaching. The eagles hired another offensive guy when d was the biggest issue. Maybe they should have hired a defensive type coach. Kelly doesn't know anything about d.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    That defense isn't gonna get better with him coaching. The eagles hired another offensive guy when d was the biggest issue. Maybe they should have hired a defensive type coach. Kelly doesn't know anything about d.
    The NFL is all about offense these days.

Andy Reid was an offensive coach. Your boy Belichick was a defensive coach. At the end of the day it makes no difference. You need a good leader.

lakerboy

Lmao my boy belichick. I can't stand him. Offense wins games. D wins titles. Ask the broncos and pats. Anyways I'm not a fan of college coaches. They almost always stink in the big boys league.

EaglesPhan36

Big picture, this team has energy with Chip now. Players although they loved Andy, quit on his ass last year without a doubt - so that is a plus that they are committed again. From a team that struggled to score 20 last year to a team that already has two 30+ point performances (they had none last year at all), the offense is utilizing its weapons better, but still has holes. Maclin's absence has not been talked about enough. O-line is struggling a bit. Lane Johnson especially has looked overmatched too much. Kelce played like a rookie last night.

They remind me some of the muddling Saints squads that Peyton had who had to outscore opponents because their defense was not consistent. Difference is those Saints teams found ways to win more than finding ways to lose.

The defense good or bad should reflect on Chip though. Billy Davis was his hire, but it was also seen as somewhat of a fallback move after other coordinators passed them over. Remember it was also Chip who insisted on the transition to the 3-4, so this is his monster. Won't be able to accurately assess it until they get players who fit the scheme a bit better. They still have terrible safeties and while they have individual talent at LB - those guys seem mismatched right now in this scheme. I think it's at least half the season before these guys understand the whole scheme and that still won't make up for mismatched talent.

I always thought the defensive switch was a poor choice given Davis doesn't have the greatest track record as a DC. He has a rep as a good teacher, but that sounds like something you say more about your assistants. Your DC needs to have the plan on how to utilize what he has. Wade Phillips did this with Houston when they switched and that's the kind of guy you need to pull this off. I wouldn't be surprised if the D continues to struggle all season if Chip and the FO don't look for another DC this offseason. Either way, they need some stability in that role because they have had none for four years.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

I think SalPal got it worse from Andy Reid last night than Kelly did

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Reid was the biggest phony in Phila Sports history
    Most hated him

Should of won a superbowl or two but he was the problem not McNaab

EaglesPhan36

That was awesome. Sal Pal was very critical of him near the end. Would have been better if he just said Time's Yours and stood there with no answers.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

huge disappointment last night for Philly fans
    with very little to like except McCoy.

the last time I take them this year, can't see myself
    touching that outfit again with money.

First 12