Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Everyone seems to love Boise and the points, too many people. Going to be watching and may have a live play on the side or total. Was able to get score in the 1st 6 minutes at -175 earlier, that book has it at -230 now and 5Dimes only offering 1st 5 at -140.

You getting fired up for some hockey Huck? Assuming you stay away from pre-season plays.
    How'd you end up on the night?

And ya stay away from preseason for sure. In Hockey I have my own little "system". Not really a system just keep stats of back to back games and play the scenarios. Did pretty decent last year in my first year of hockey. Got a big head though and didn't manage my bankroll properly - lost 2 months of work in 2 days. Won't make that mistake again. Going to stick with my 5* system.

Huckleberry Pig

just wanted to let everyone know I just added K-State +6.5 as a 3* on my post with my picks.

Huckleberry Pig

gameday is here, wake up! beautiful day here in Dallas, already went out and kicked the soccer ball around for a while. now got the doors open, tv on, eggs cookin. Gonna have some whiskey soon, get ready for the Razorback game. Gonna be a good day

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

BOL Huck! Tossed K-State in for BTP. Will prob throw some on it tonight.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    gameday is here, wake up! beautiful day here in Dallas, already went out and kicked the soccer ball around for a while. now got the doors open, tv on, eggs cookin. Gonna have some whiskey soon, get ready for the Razorback game. Gonna be a good day
    Is the Soccer Ball a metaphor for something else?

Seems not to fit the bill

Besides that, you def seem like someone who knows how to enjoy life...

pal as for some reason that is rare nowadays...

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    BOL Huck! Tossed K-State in for BTP. Will prob throw some on it tonight.
    Cheers Nino! Gluck today to you as well, not that you'll need it. Also, whats BTP? Still learning the ropes around here

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Is the Soccer Ball a metaphor for something else?

Seems not to fit the bill

Besides that, you def seem like someone who knows how to enjoy life...

pal as for some reason that is rare nowadays...
    nah LK, played club soccer here in Dallas through high school; coulda gone to some small schools to play but they were D2 and i didn't wanna go to a college that had less people than my high school. Wasn't gonna go pro anyway, was time to hang up the cleats. Played for the club team at arkansas for fun, got to play OU, Okie St, K-State (remember, SEC and Big 12 don't have mens soccer cause of title 9 so they all have club teams). Was fun but not near as serious. my high school club team could have raped any team we played in club (including ours haha). Maybe i'll do a tt style video juggling the soccer ball one day haha. Football by far my favorite sport though. Would rather go and throw the pigskin around. Can't beat it.

Life too short not to enjoy Gotta get outside and live it. Bout to head up to the Dallas Razorback bar to watch the game, wish us luck! Sadly I think we will need it. Have a glass of whiskey for me pal.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Cheers Nino! Gluck today to you as well, not that you'll need it. Also, whats BTP? Still learning the ropes around here
    Beat The Prick Contest.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Post #77 nominated

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Beat The Prick Contest.
    i gotchya, good luck! Love seein UT lose. Nothing makes me happier.

Huckleberry Pig

Hope UNT can keep it close second half

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

How'd you end up on the night?

And ya stay away from preseason for sure. In Hockey I have my own little "system". Not really a system just keep stats of back to back games and play the scenarios. Did pretty decent last year in my first year of hockey. Got a big head though and didn't manage my bankroll properly - lost 2 months of work in 2 days. Won't make that mistake again. Going to stick with my 5* system.
    I did well, hit score in 1st 6, lost Fresno -7.5, but hedged it with Boise 2nd half over 16.5.

I hear you on the bankroll management, though like most I step over the line from time to time. Been doing a lot of football teasers and having good success so far, Georgia Tech earlier (to close out over 42.5 in the CFL game last night) and have Michigan St +11 open teaser, Purdue +28 with Tennessee +21.5.

Huckleberry Pig

Official Picks for tomorrow:

North Texas +33 @ Georgia -- 1*
    Tennessee +16.5 @ Florida -- 2*

UL Monroe +30.5 @ Baylor -- 1*
    Texas A&M -27.5 vs SMU -- 1*
    Arkansas +2.5 @ Rutgers -- 2* (Homer Pick)
    Auburn +17 @ LSU -- 3*
    Stanford -6 vs ASU -- 2*

Kansas State +6.5 -- 3* (sorry, late add here)

Alright - got the picks in. Hopefully they go better than yesterday. Prob wont be on till monday morning with NFL picks, busy weekend ahead. You fukkers get outta the house this weekend - go watch the games at a bar with some buds, throw a few back. Me and my buddy Jack Daniels will be havin a good time this weekend. Yall enjoy the weekend and don't forget to pull for those Hogs!

WPS!
    Well 5-3 on the day and +3 units. Not bad but obviously that Razorback game killed me. Don't get me started. Went 4-1 in SEC though (like I've mentioned before, most of my picks will be SEC as this is the league I follow - glad to go 4-1). Really expected a better showing from K-State.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Tough loss yesterday brother

Huckleberry Pig

NFL Picks today:

Rams +3.5 @ Cowboys -- 1*
    Cardinals +7.5 @ Saints -- 1*
    Giants -1 @ Panthers -- 1*
    Bills +1 @ Jets -- 2*
    Lions pk @ Redskins -- 2*
    Vikings -6.5 vs Browns -- 3*
    Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 09-22-13 at 11:54 AM.

Huckleberry Pig

Tough loss yesterday brother
    ya that was a tough one. If we have our starting QB in we win that game easily. Idk how our backup got a spot on a D1 team. We actually have a true freshman who is much better but the coaches didn't want to burn his redshirt. Cost us a game. If he is able to throw the ball they don't load up 8 in the box and shut down the run. Our secondary needs a lot of work too. Gonna be a long year. Bummed cause I got a ticket to the game this weekend vs a&m. Definitely takes some steam from that game (not that we had a good chance at winning anyway). We will get our starting qb back though.

Huckleberry Pig

GL today folks

Huckleberry Pig

hope everyone faded me today. Think I need to stick with SEC football.

cotes17
    cotes17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

hope everyone faded me today. Think I need to stick with SEC football.
    I had a shit day to man. Nfls killing me

cotes17

Who you liking tonight? I think the bears take this one

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by cotes17 View Post
    Who you liking tonight? I think the bears take this one
    sorry cotes, been out and about today. Think I'm officially done with NFL. I spend all week looking at/following SEC. Those picks will be my best odds at making $. Don't get me wrong, love NFL and watch it a ton but the lines are sharper and I don't know the personel as well for the teams. All college from here on out (and mainly SEC at that).

Huckleberry Pig

NFL Picks today:

Rams +3.5 @ Cowboys -- 1*
    Cardinals +7.5 @ Saints -- 1*
    Giants -1 @ Panthers -- 1*
    Bills +1 @ Jets -- 2*

Lions pk @ Redskins -- 2*
    Vikings -6.5 vs Browns -- 3*
    like mentioned, brutal day here. 1-5 and -6 units. Will give an overall update tomorrow. Like I told Cotes, I will be sticking with college football, and mainly SEC, from here on out. Gotta stick with my strengths. NFL clearly not one of them haha.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Sorry for the lack of winners today. Will try to make it back Saturday in SEC ball.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Honest answer:

O/u 3 years BB coaching there

Huckleberry Pig

Honest answer:

O/u 3 years BB coaching there
    Over. Our assistant coaching staff is top notch, gotta give them some time to work. Not really sure what he could have done on Saturday, players just not making plays. Lets look at what happened:

End of first half, our LB hits the QB 3 yrds out of bounds like an idiot after we had a big stop on 3rd down. They would have had to kick a field goal AT BEST. Instead they get a TD. minimum 4pts swing for them. Possibly 7 (was a long field goal). We missed two interceptions on their final TD pass, both went right through our DB's hands (actually one was a LB). Still, either of those are caught and the game is over. Now on their final TD, we were playing 3 deep on the right half of the field. The guy responsible for the outside deep zone bites on a wr breaking to the inside, allowing the wr on the outside to go deep uncovered. Now I think half of that goes on the coaches for not having this kid prepared and another half on the kid for being a moron.

our special teams were atrocious. Needs to get fixed ASAP. And I'm not sure why we didn't switch to man when our zone was getting absolutely picked apart. Either way, secondary needs help but that is more of a result of poor recruiting on that end from the previous coach (who I prefer not talk about lol) than it is on this coaching staff. We let them get 2 or 3 4th down conversions in the final drive cause our secondary is terrible.

The biggest reason we lost that game is because of our QB play. Remember, this was our backup QB. He was absolutely terrible. They loaded 8 in the box to stop the run because they knew he couldn't throw. We have our starting QB in and they aren't able to do that. We also have a true freshman QB who is better but is it really worth burning his redshirt for one game? I agree with not playing him and just biting the bullet.

Overall, our recruiting has already gotten much better along with our O-line/D-line play. I think it takes about 3 years to finally get your guys and your system up and running. Remember, Bobby only won 5 games his first year at Arkansas and it still turned out pretty good. I think we owe BB at least 4-5 before we start to look elsewhere.

Huckleberry Pig

Went 1-1 on Thursday (-1 units), 5-3 on Saturday (+3 units), and 1-5 yesterday (-6 units)
    Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 09-23-13 at 09:18 AM.

Huckleberry Pig

Overall Record: 7-9
    NCAA: 5-4 (0 units)
    NFL: 2-5 (-4 units)

P/L: -4 units

Huckleberry Pig

EARLY leans, no thorough analysis yet. Just gut feelings off of spreads:

UCF +7.5 vs South Carolina -- Both teams coming off a bye. UCF playing SOLID defense and South Carolina offense not great. Look for this to be a low-scoring slugfest. UCF has upset potential.

Mississippi +17.5 @ Alabama -- Mississippi coming off a bye week, has been focused on this game for the last two weeks. They have the offense to get it done. Their D is also better than a&m's, look for them to get pressure on AJ. Think they keep it within 2 scores.

Florida -13.5 @ Kentucky -- Think the backup may be better than Driskell. Florida handled Tennessee pretty well. Don't see Kentucky scoring many points here. Like Florida by 17.

Tennessee -18.5 vs South Alabama -- Butch Jones needs a big win here to calm the fanbase. Two big losses in a row doesn't sit well and look for them to take it out on the little guy. like Tennessee by 21-24.

Vanderbilt -20.5 vs UAB -- Vandy looked uncomfortable up north for an early game. At home, night game, should be fine here. Like them by 28.

Missouri -21 vs Arkansas State -- This Arkansas State team is NOT good, esp on the road. Missouri is just as good as Auburn and has a better offense IMO. Again, night game for the home team. Like them big here.

Georgia -3 vs LSU -- Think this one will be close, but this will be the best offense LSU has played by a long shot. Don't let the UNT game fool you - bad weather, early game, looking forward to LSU. Think LSU offense is still pretty weak, dont trust Mettenberger. LSU had a home game at night, jumped out to an early lead in the first. Thats home field advantage for ya. After that quarter, they played Auburn even. Don't expect the quick start out of the gates here. Georgia by 6 or 7.

Wisconsin +7.5 @ Ohio State -- Think Ohio State wins but I think this one stays very close. Think anything over a TD is too much. Ohio State hasn't been tested yet, Wisconsin has. Wisconsin will be ready to
    go.

Oklahoma State -21 @ West Virginia -- This West Virginia team is AWFUL. No offense whatsoever. Okie State will force turnovers and should score at will. After a 35-0 beat down it will be interesting to see how West Virginia reacts. Don't think they put up much of a fight.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 09-23-13 at 10:55 AM.

Huckleberry Pig

Also like Georgia Tech at home -7 against Va Tech

cotes17

sorry cotes, been out and about today. Think I'm officially done with NFL. I spend all week looking at/following SEC. Those picks will be my best odds at making $. Don't get me wrong, love NFL and watch it a ton but the lines are sharper and I don't know the personel as well for the teams. All college from here on out (and mainly SEC at that).
    Sounds good buddy. I like watching college but don't cap it too much so i think ill tail your picks considering you are more into it then I am. Won't hold it against your if you have a bad day but your guess is probably better than mine haha

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by cotes17 View Post
    Sounds good buddy. I like watching college but don't cap it too much so i think ill tail your picks considering you are more into it then I am. Won't hold it against your if you have a bad day but your guess is probably better than mine haha
    haha i hear ya. I'm doin pretty well on my SEC picks so far so I'd pay more attention to those. Again, I wont be doing NFL anymore, I just know the SEC better than I do NFL which should be obvious after this weeks NFL picks

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I don't think I can pass on the +17.5 with Ole Miss

Huckleberry Pig

I don't think I can pass on the +17.5 with Ole Miss
    I don't blame ya

Huckleberry Pig

just got tickets to the Arkansas - A&M game this weekend. Know we will prob get destroyed but game not till 6pm. Tailgate ALL DAY. hopefully no rain. May make a video but is there a way to share it on here without putting it on youtube? Believe it or not for being 25 i'm terrible at electronics.

Should be a good time though regardless - can't wait

Huckleberry Pig

for you russian...

smoker

makes brisket:

add

play some baggo

hangout with girls

this all equals a good time
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-24-15 at 02:27 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah fukk Moscow I'm coming to hucker's barbecue..

First 123456 ... Last