daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Remember posters - Don't cross the zero

If you're going to tease, don't cross the fukkin 0. Been seeing this too much lately. You lose too much value. Turning Phille into +3 or Dallas to +2 is a bad bet.

That is all.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

This is false. If you know a team is going to win for sure and you need another team for your teaser you shouldn't be afraid to cross zero. Better have a team that your are confident they are going to win there instead of someone that is risky to cover but looks sexy because it doesn't cross the zero.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Also in another post you said there is a lack value in the actual zero so you lose a point of value, but that's not entirely true because NFL games can end in a tie, yeah it's rare but SF/STL had one last year!

Honestly part of it is security in my mind, I often take two teams I like, and either bet them individually or in a parlay with the regular spread, this is considered my 'bonus' wager or wagers. Then I like to tease those two selections to give me margin for error, it works out often and I'm doing it again tonight.

I can see where you're coming from in the +EV argument but I think it's acceptable to cross zero as long as you protect yourself by arriving at or above that key 3 points.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You only pay juice when you lose

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

daner told us to fade "awful cole hamels"

phils are 7-0 when he starts since that post

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drinker best post in thread

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Fck the rules of gambling, if they meant shit, we wouldn't all lose.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Drinker best post in thread
    reemer thinks i dont gamble and lkid who i thought was my boy doubted my fukkin phils faith

jjer dont get me fukkin fired up here

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    reemer thinks i dont gamble and lkid who i thought was my boy doubted my fukkin phils faith

jjer dont get me fukkin fired up here
    Drinker already getting ready for the Birds

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    daner told us to fade "awful cole hamels"

phils are 7-0 when he starts since that post
    "Horrible" Cole Hamels. Get it right drinker. And I did make a post after that one saying NOT to fade him and he lost. Mush city
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Drinker lay off the sauce, I just wanna see you post some plays pal

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

What kind of teaser is so pressing you have to turn a -3 into a +3? How about wait a little while and take another game? You want to turn a -5 into a +1 or a -1 to a +5 on a Monday night, ok I'll give you that. It's simple math. It's not that hard. Though I'm not a fan of teasers in the first place...

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What kind of teaser is so pressing you have to turn a -3 into a +3? How about wait a little while and take another game? You want to turn a -5 into a +1 or a -1 to a +5 on a Monday night, ok I'll give you that. It's simple math. It's not that hard. Though I'm not a fan of teasers in the first place...
    For me, it's not pressing, it's peace of mind.

To me, the Eagles game tonight is a slam dunk for the Birds, I feel they will win for sure, but IF there was more clock mismanagement by Chip Kelly and/or a last minute freak turnover that allows the Chiefs to hang around, they may pull off a close win.

The teaser therefore gives me security which works in combination with my straight wager where the teaser is my bail-out play that I feel has a 90 percent chance of cashing, and then the straight wager becomes gravy.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Drinker lay off the sauce, I just wanna see you post some plays pal
    wont happen gueye

have you ever seen me say shit about your or anyone elses plays? that wont happen either....well except smoker but those arent his plays

actually now that i think about it rocker can tell you about my tennis plays

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i made a lot of money crossing the 0 in preseason and week 1 and 2

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

had the colts +7.5 at the end of a huge superteaser to win 3k in the superbowl against saints. saints won by 14

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I had a 3 team teaser last week with NO +3, glad I went with crossing 0 because my other choice was Giants +11.
    I was thinking of straight bet with one of the 2 and taking the other in a teaser. If I had swapped the bets (basically taking Saints -3 and Giants +11 in the teaser) I would have lost both the bets. Instead I lost the Giants and won the teaser so sometimes it does work out

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Dallas Cowboys for this week. You can tease it with either Giants, Lions or Bengals.