wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

the White Sox have 60 total wins, their closer Addison Reed has 38 saves.

that's incredible.

but worthless stat at same time..

kid is a rising star though..believe he is under 22 years old. Sox should trade him now while his stock is sky high.

tho stock on closers isn't as high as used to be.

Yanks gonna need a knew one after this year.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Crazy stat for sure.
    Wonder what the record is for that kind of stat on a shitty team.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

It makes sense though because White Sox have scored fewest runs in the American League. So on the rare occasions when they win, they do not blow teams out so there are save chances to be had.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Crazy stat for sure.
    Wonder what the record is for that kind of stat on a shitty team.
    paging Steve Nash..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I have Reed on my fantasy team.

He sucks.

wagerjunkie

dumb asses gave up him for nothing.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

White Sox making some stupid moves. However, I just remembered who their GM is.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    dumb asses gave up him for nothing.
    don't know about that...

The White Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed upon a trade again, this time it's only a two-team dance, though. Closer Addison Reed has been sent to the D-Backs while the White Sox will get infielder Matt Davidson in return. Arizona has officially announced the deal.
    Reed, 24, saved 40 games in 48 chances last season with a 3.79 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 72 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings. The best guess is he immediately takes over as Arizona closer with the likes of Brad Ziegler, J.J. Putz and David Hernandez forming the bridge to the ninth inning.
    Davidson, 22, is a former first rounder and has been ranked among Baseball America's top 100 prospects in each of the past three offseasons. In 115 games for Triple-A Reno last season, Davidson hit .280/.350/.481 with 32 doubles, 17 homers and 74 RBI. In 31 games for the D-Backs, he hit .237/.333/.434 with six doubles, three homers and 12 RBI.
    Davidson has played mostly third base, but could also swing across the diamond and play first. With the White Sox in 2014, though, he seems a decent bet to open the season as the starter at third. That would also be his long-term destination, as the White Sox signed Cuban slugger Jose Abreu to be their future first baseman earlier this offseason.
    The White Sox and Diamondbacks also did business last week during the Winter Meetings, taking part in a three-team trade that sent Mark Trumbo to Arizona.