Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

It has happened before -

Be careful if you want to make the feelgood bet tonite on Canelo - Boxing has always been a shady business. This looks like one of those big money clandestine agreements where Floyd gets the 1st, Alvarez wins the 2nd and the third fight is for real. Just too much money to turn down.

BOL

zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

i dont believe fights are fixed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Many big fights are fixed

Fighting is a money game

Greed

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post
    anything can happen in boxing I've seen some crazy shit ovet the years... some of the most crooked forked tongue motherfukkers I've ever met have been boxing promoters.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Any time there's hundreds of millions of dollars involved, there is potential for corruption. Boxing would be the easiest to fix. Only need one other guy in the know. Not refs and teams and coaches,, etc, just the guy taking the fall.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post
    You're not talking about boxing are you?

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

It's not a fixed fight the only reason Floyd took the fight is because he knows he can beat Canelo by decision, all he has to do is play the matador, canelo will be the bull he'll try and pick his shots aggressively and i give him a 25 percent chance to clip and hurt Mayweather, i give him a 15 percent chance to end the fight by ko. Canelo isn't going to fix the fight and let mayweather win what's the point in that, mayweather has the edge, it's his promotion he's making money from the fight and the promotion. He's making money either way it's no hassles.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

business is business and it's business as usual.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If this is the logic, it would be smarter to let Money lose the first one, win the second.

WAAAAAY more money for the 2nd fight this way. This one is already maxed out.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    If this is the logic, it would be smarter to let Money lose the first one, win the second.

WAAAAAY more money for the 2nd fight this way. This one is already maxed out.

The second fight is going to sell no matter what because this fight will be closer than any other fight mayweather had and closer than any other fight canelo had. This fight is going to be one for the record books

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    The second fight is going to sell no matter what because this fight will be closer than any other fight mayweather had and closer than any other fight canelo had. This fight is going to be one for the record books
    Yeah, both fights will sell, Money getting revenge would sell more, thats my point.

It would draw the people who don't even get a shit.

Imsmarterthanu

I'm thinking this fight is along the lines of the Sugar Ray leonard / Roberto Duran trilogy